Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Lord Of The Flies
DaveBell
# Posted: 11 May 2020 01:43

I think most boys (9-12 y.o.) in a country setting are interested in building forts, drinking water from a stream, hunting, cooking and eating frogs, rabbits, snakes, etc. I and my two brothers did. I have always been interested in survival stuff, living in the wilderness, because the woods and mountains are so peaceful and relaxing. I watched the movie Lord of the Flies only one time. I hope that is not a true example. I have seen Castaway and The Martian several times. I was in the Army for nine years. Even then I looked for opportunities to improve my self. I got to trade in my M16 for an M203 by shooting expert with it. I have a nice years worth stock pile of Mountain House food for the next Asteroid or Yellow Stone Caldera eruption that I have worked on acquiring over the years when it went on sale. (I was not expecting a pandemic so soon which I rated third on risk) I also found that Pitcairn Island is accepting new citizens to live there and will give you land. But I'm too old for that.

So today I found this and wanted to share. I hope you enjoy the read and how humanity should work.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/may/09/the-real-lord-of-the-flies-what-happene d-when-six-boys-were-shipwrecked-for-15-months?utm_source=pocket-newtab

hattie
# Posted: 11 May 2020 17:48

That is absolutely AMAZING!!!! I love that story!! Did anyone make this into a book or movie? I would love to read more about it. Thank you for sharing!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.