Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / back from the woods
<< . 1 . 2 .
cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 06:15

Quoting: OwenChristensen
I don't have to lock up

we do.well,the new connecting property we purchased looks abandoned.kids hang out there.we dont know who.there is a long trailer and a little red building connected onto the trailer that someone else built.we want to tear it all down but it takes time...mostly cause we are still building rooms onto our cabin.well,in the loft of the little red building-use to be a comforter.now someone has moved two big mattresses up into that loft.another time we see someone started a campfire out in our meadow.
there is always something new that we see to tell us people have been out there.
the funniest thing is-once we left the cabin back door part open.oh goodness!a dutch door.the upper part left open.well we did not go back for months on end.u could see our generator in there and all kinds of costly items.no one ever even messes with our cabin.but right next door at our connecting woods-all kinds of things go on.
we have a huge no tresspassing sign up.no one pays attention.
yes.i wanted to take the car down with daughter and son and kids and boyfriends.after this last trip i see that...our cabin is really just for us two.
your place sounds great.i like places no one can find!

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 06:16

cute photo of the boys.what are they doing??

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 13:49

They are always up to something. There they have some plan to fix up the go cart.
I don't have any signs up either. I do drive though my sister's to get back to mine. They have no trespassing signs on the road and a gate. Our place is another forty back and not registered with 911. No number. I think the big thing is that no one is familiar with the property, being in the family so long. On many properties, someone has been using it for hunting and thinks they have some old right to it. Even with no trespassing signs up. Time makes that better.

Owen

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 23:35

Quoting: OwenChristensen
They are always up to something. There they have some plan to fix up the go cart.

hee hee.they sure look like they know what they are doing?
yes.i think u are right about time making things better.once we get to making the newly purchased property better-i think those tresspassers will see someone has not abandoned the place.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Sep 2012 00:23

back from the woods.It was so great.the elusive squirrel keeps me running.
i always sit in the outhouse with the door open so i can see critters run by.i decided to take my gun to the outhouse with me now.
i saw a rabbit hopping about when i was on the hopper.then i saw some huge bushy tail running past.that did it.i jumped up and took off running.went across to the other property and saw this huge cat looking out from the tall meadow grass.it had a big head.i think it must of been a feral cat.an ole tom cat but i am not sure.
there was so much wildlife.in the nite on the way to the woods-we could see deer all along the hi way.its like they play red rover,red rover-send prancer right over.its crazy that they hang by the hiway! why do they??cause it is light from all the car lites??then a little mouse just walked right into our kitchen.i got the hammer and looked all over..could not find the little so and so...so he will probably make himself at home till we get there next time.ew.
lots of wildlife there this time.maybe cause the days are getting cooler and fall is coming...sure was pretty out.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Sep 2012 00:26

this is our last trip with the grand sons.they chopped all there was to chop and axed all there was to ax and knived all they could knife and shot all they could shoot.they were little rednecks and enjoyed it.i cant wait to see them and again and tell them they lived the redneck life.they will flip out at this thought.
drinking hot cocoa
drinking hot cocoa
funny boys
funny boys
on being dirty
on being dirty

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.