Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Who is going away this weekend?
. 1 . 2 . >>
Patgreat
# Posted: 15 Feb 2012 17:05

I am taking off Friday and heading up to the cabin thursday after work. Looks like another warm Weekend in NE PA, probably get rain instead of snow, but i may still try to get some skiing in at a local mountain. Any one else going away this holiday weekend and what are your plans?

Martian
# Posted: 15 Feb 2012 18:14 - Edited by: Martian

Hope you enjoy yourself. Be safe.

BlaineHill
# Posted: 15 Feb 2012 18:37

It looks like the weather will be nice in southern Ohio this weekend. I will be out at the cabin both Saturday and Monday. I am still consumed by the cabin building process so I will be working both days.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 16 Feb 2012 11:48

i am working at mine adding on a shed off my pole/tractor barn....on saturday weather permiting....

justincasei812
# Posted: 16 Feb 2012 11:58

I will be heading up for the day on Saturday to put in an electrical (service) panel. Would love to stay but since I have a meeting on Sunday and I am the commander of our local AmVets I should be there to conduct it. Any time that is spent there is though.

DaJTCHA
# Posted: 16 Feb 2012 15:56

I'm heading up to my NW PA project shed Saturday evening and into Sunday afternoon with thoughts of completing the 36" entrance door's installation and sketching out the dimensions required for the loft ladder's construction.

Fingers crossed that I can get this darn door to open / close correctly!

D&JTCHA

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Feb 2012 18:54 - Edited by: trollbridge

ME,ME,MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Yeehaw...I am!!!!!!!!!!

I am painting the kitchen cabinets and staining/poly-ing the bead board ceilings...working overhead should give my arms a good work out!! After that we will hang some light fixtures and clean up our screen porch cause it is full of sawdust and random boards. We will find a tree to chop down that has a nice crotch to support our arched tree (it's a project) and we will be bringing the side rails for our bed back up now that they have been lengthened to fit a queen sized mattress. Maybe do some extension jams? Frame up our bedroom doorway? who knows...but I'm sure we will stay busy!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everybody else who gets away has a great time!!

nicalisa
# Posted: 16 Feb 2012 23:18

We are we are
We leave in the am Friday. So excited as it is rare that we can string together a long weekend. I was able to cancel my meetings and my hubby did the same. The van is packed, the bags are packed, only the groceries to get in the am....and maybe some wine for the night time and we get two and a half glorious internet, cell phone (no reception) free days at the little house.

Our plans are to open the cabin up, get the mice out, try to get bessie, or the work quad going making lugging our stuff up from the beach easier, work on the solar and maybe just maybe get a light on organize the building materials side of the shed with some wood utility shelves we are lugging over, making room for the quads that are being barged over on the easter long weekend (our next planned trip over), and fishing. (likely not in that order as I am the only girl, besides my dog lucy. So it is 3 to 1 and I am thinking that fishing is the main objective for the other 3 I am charging up my digital book, and expect to pass multiple hours next to the wood stove in my long johns with a cup of tea and my book

first time out in a while, and am hoping that all is intact.....

toddheyn
# Posted: 17 Feb 2012 06:38

We are as well. Leaving work early today for the 5 hour drive to our White Birch Acres in Northern NY. There should be a small layer of snow in the area. Very unusual winter this year.

I am looking forward to doing some outside work on the woods surrounding the cabin. I want to clear some of the bent and broken trees and take out the low brush.

Hopefully will be able to burn the big brush pile that has accumulated over the past 9 months.

Definately looking forward to being able to sleep well with no work worries etc.

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Feb 2012 21:42

we are headed for our five hour drive to the woods too.in the morning first thing...i have been packing things all day.going thru the williamette pass and hoping its not too filled with ice and snow.
gonna love being able to finally burn a big brush pile too.
gonna love no computer for the mister and me.taking a tin of games to play and a big stack of books to read in our little haven.

justincasei812
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 21:31

Heading up this weekend with the girlfriend and the kids. Sounds like company will be heading up too. We had six inches of snow fall yesterday but it looks like temps will be hitting near 50 F. tomorrow. It may be messy.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 22:16

If our plow guy can plow out our place we will be going. Got 12-14 inches he said. We'll see...

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Mar 2012 22:39

Got a call from our plow guy....dirty deed is done so looks like we are going! Between gas and paying Stan the plowman it will be a pricey weekend...we better stay away from the building supply store and work on projects we already have materials for.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 07:02 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: trollbridge
Got a call from our plow guy....dirty deed is done so looks like we are going! Between gas and paying Stan the plowman it will be a pricey weekend...

have fun!!!!! i don't; have anyone to plow my driveway to camp ---but i bet i won't need it today----going to be 79 deg!!!!! just sayin!!!!!!

update---i wrong on today's temp---the weather channel says 83 deg today

justincasei812
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 08:41

I wouldn't want to have someone plow my drive it's a mile back into the property . I so wish it was even 79 deg here in Michigan and 83 would be outstanding!!

justincasei812
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 09:46

May not be going just checked the weather for up north and we are expecting 10-15 inches of snow tonight with another 3-5 inches tomorrow. Not sure where this came from but WOW

trollbridge
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 17:17

Quoting: turkeyhunter
have fun!!!!! i don't; have anyone to plow my driveway to camp ---but i bet i won't need it today----going to be 79 deg!!!!! just sayin!!!!!!

Okay Mr.....always a smart alec huh? That's okay...pretty soon you are going to be complaining about the heat!!!
Quoting: justincasei812
I wouldn't want to have someone plow my drive it's a mile back into the property

We aren't a mile but far enough that I certainly wouldn't want to haul everything from the road...you should see how loaded the van is!!
May not be going just checked the weather for up north and we are expecting 10-15 inches of snow tonight with another 3-5 inches tomorrow.

So I ask you...what are you waiting for?????Hurry up and pack a bag and beat the storm......................what better way to spend the weekend than snowed in at the cabin?????????????? seriously..............GO!! It's what memories are made of.....you know what will happen if you stay home don't you??? How much do you trust the weatherman????

Rob_O
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 17:27

Not me. Had a line of severe storms just pass through, not a drop @ the city house but it poured out there and the place is going to be a mud pit just in time for the weekend

nathanprincipe
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 19:07

Im heading away to finally bring all the furnishings out! Cant wait, pics to follow

nicalisa
# Posted: 2 Mar 2012 20:50

sigh, this weekend we are homebound....but are thinking about next weekend

trollbridge
# Posted: 5 Mar 2012 16:08 - Edited by: trollbridge

justincase wondering if you ever did go away this past weekend? Did your weatherman predict correctly?
Quoting: nathanprincipe
Im heading away to finally bring all the furnishings out! Cant wait, pics to follow

yippee..........I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!!!Does this mean you are all done with your cabin??????

justincasei812
# Posted: 5 Mar 2012 18:31

Trollbridge,

Yes we still went up. Actually left work an hour early to miss the beginning of the blizzard. At teh enterance of the two track going in put the truck on a bank of snow left by the plow truck. 1 1/2 hrs later we were on the move again 1 mile back to the cabin. unloaded while the snow started coming down hard. Like fools we left and went out for dinner and on the way back in at the gate a tree had been weighed down so much by the snow that it was in our path. Got out and pulled it back and had the girlfriend try to drive forward, she got nervous and went off the trail after an hour of digging I was nice and warm in the cabin about midnight that is. Didn't realize they had gotten a foot of snow on Wednesday and we had gotten a good 18- 20 inches between Friday night and Saturday noon. It took me six hours of plowing with the 4 wheeler to clear the 1 mile two track so we could get out. Had tons of fun besides all the plowing and shoveling. the kids had a blast being towed behind the four wheeler!!
427635_2852605442481.jpg
427635_2852605442481.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 5 Mar 2012 20:40

Oh Yes! I am so glad you went!!! I had to chuckle at your adventures about getting in and out of your driveway...but that is how I know you made many wonderful memories this weekend...cause it is always the difficulties that become the memories most talked about right?

Just like us...we had snow almost all weekend and on our way to town Saturday night during the heaviest snow coming down all of a sudden there right in front of the van in the middle of the road stands a little white fluffy poodle!!! Almost lost control of the van and went into the ditch swerving to avoid hitting someones pet dog! Not a good night for fluffy to be in the middle of the road...but boy did that get my kids heads out of their IPODS and DS's!!!! Memories made...as they actually had a funny conversation with their old, uncool parents!LOL!

justincasei812
# Posted: 6 Mar 2012 08:20

I was pretty surpised that as soon as we were stuck our 15 yr old boy jumped out of the truck and asked what we needed to do to get us out. Probably figured that the battery was about to run out on his IPod and want to plug it in. LOL He did great this weekend helping out. I bet that poor dog didn't know what to do seeing that van coming!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Mar 2012 09:43

I bet that poor dog didn't know what to do seeing that van coming!!!

I'm sure that is true! Thank God we did not hit it!!!
Probably figured that the battery was about to run out on his IPod and want to plug it in

Hey...whatever motivates them huh? LOL!

MtnDon
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 00:24 - Edited by: MtnDon

Not a weekend, but the entire week starting in the AM tomorrow

Drive to our friends place, then snow shoe up an old logging trail, over a ridge, down and then back up... Love school breaks.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 07:50

Have a great time!!!! My kids are on break too but we don't get to go for the week(sniff).

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 10:25

i am headed down to the cabin this evening--- have not been in 8 days!!!!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 20:33

Enjoy TH...I'm sure it will be as spectacular as when you left it 8 days ago!!!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 17:01 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Winter pics from out last trip(s).
cabin-in-winter-1
cabin-in-winter-1
cabin-in-winter-2
cabin-in-winter-2
winter
winter
cabin-in-winter
cabin-in-winter

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.