Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Who is going away this weekend?
<< . 1 . 2 .
Just
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 17:29

hum,,, not much snow should be a good moose year . cabin looks good

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Mar 2012 20:35

We are hightailing it outta here tomorrow afternoon.......it's been WAY too long since we last went to the cabin!!!

Anybody else getting away??? Hope you have a great time!!!!

Borrego
# Posted: 29 Mar 2012 21:31

Wife and I are headin out tomorrow am early. Haven't been for 3 weeks.. I'm gonna a) finish hanging drywall, b) put in septic barrels, c) start on the front porch and she'll be painting kitchen cabinets! Starting to get hot out there (88 tomorrow) so I'll need to stay at it the next month.....

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Mar 2012 21:40 - Edited by: trollbridge

Have fun Borrego....send some heat north would ya-got chilly here again and I want to go to Lake Superior shore this weekend and see what washed up on the beach over the winter and collect more rock for the cabin but I don't want to have to wear my parka

justincasei812
# Posted: 30 Mar 2012 08:03

Trollbridge good luck with not wearing a parka!!! I live in Mid Michigan and we will be getting snow here starting around noon. I am leaving for Florida not long after that. A fun filled week with the girlfriend and kids. I think I was more excited to head to the cabin last weekend... Should be a fun trip and really can't wait to get there to golf and fish in the warm weather. Hope this cold snap breaks while we are gone!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Mar 2012 10:59

You are picking the perfect time to get away!!!!ahhhh phooey........I would love to be going to Florida right now.......it is cold and damp here and we got a half inch of rain over night and more at the cabin so it will be a muddy mess!!!!But I can't wait to get the wood stove blazin....finally I'll be warm And I will be bringing my parka for sure cause if the wind is coming off the lake I'm gonna need it!!!Brrrrrr!
I hope you have an incredible trip and enjoy the time with your girlfriend and the kids-you'll have many fun memories to make!

Rob_O
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 11:52

Quoting: trollbridge
.it is cold and damp here and we got a half inch of rain over night and more at the cabin so it will be a muddy mess!!!

I was planning to go visit my place today, but between 6 and 11 AM we got 1.1 inches of rain. This makes 6 weekends in a row I've been rained out, getting a little tired of the rain

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 17:23

Quoting: Rob_O
This makes 6 weekends in a row I've been rained out

Oh man...I feel for you Rob_O!!! I remember you got rained out the last time we went up too. Hopefully it will dry out and maybe you'll get to go next weekend?

It wasn't very muddy for us but we did have a tree go down across our front path to our door-we have a couple more dead ones WE need to cut down, then maybe at least we will have a little say in where they fall!

We spent yesterday afternoon at the lake. It was coat weather but not super unpleasant so I'm not complaining. Got more rock for the cabin.....and we had the whole shore to ourselves. Saw a ship going back out from port-not sure what it was loaded with and another one anchored just out a ways from the lighthouse - I believe waiting it's turn to come in. The ships are so huge and fun to watch!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 17:29 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Just came back from our cabin. Had a great time.
Was very nice in the evening, woke up in the snow...
before - evening
before - evening
after - next morning
after - next morning

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 17:33

Mother Nature's April Fools Day joke perhaps???

Rifraf
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 17:44

ill be going over Easter break starting Friday morning!

Hopefully ill get a lot done.

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 18:18

I sooooo badly want to go back next weekend-especially if we could leave Friday morning somehow! I just need to convince the rest....oh, and the Easter Bunny to make a small detour...we'll see!

Rifraf....Did you ever find furniture on a smaller scale for your cabin....I see many merchants have their outdoor furniture advertised now. I hope you get a lot done too!!! Have fun!

Rifraf
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 19:38

Hey troll,

You were right on the outdoor stuff, some dark brown wicker furniture is really nice, and comfy !

Just bought this, its not at the cabin yet though
Obsolete link removed

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 21:28 - Edited by: trollbridge

Ah, the link was removed but I'm glad you found something you like!

We added one more queen mattress and box spring this weekend. We pretty much just need one full size mattress for the lower bunk that we hopefully will build soon (built in) and then I think we will be set on all the beds I wanted. Getting beds in the loft really helps with visualizing the space. All said and done the loft will have 2 queens, 1 full and 1 twin for top of bunk and maybe 1 more twin...we'll see. Then a couple night stands and lamps and it will look pretty cozy I think. Gotta get the walls done up there before I get too far ahead of myself!

It sounds as if you have been very busy working and planning and finding solutions for all your questions Isn't it fun?!!

Rifraf
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 21:55

It is fun, I enjoy planning and working it all out while I learn how to make it all happen. Ill post pics and such in my thread later next week .. I hope this trip to get my ridge vent and soffits put in, main wiring ran to the cabin, insulation up, all my can lights put in, ceiling fan installed, through the wall ac framed... aaaaand my porch light put in too. It's going to be a fun week.

Thanks!!

justincasei812
# Posted: 12 Apr 2012 10:52

Well it's that time of week again..... heading to the Cabin tomorrow right after work. Have not been home on a weekend in two months now. Missed the cabin the week we were in Florida. making this weekend of "relaxing". Well that's what she thinks anyway. lol We will see who wins this one. Either way good times!! have fun all those who get to head that way and remember enjoy it!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Apr 2012 15:30

justincase...I trust your trip to Florida was great and I hope you had another great weekend at your cabin last weekend-------so did you relax or work? Lol!

Another weekend is just a day away and this time we FINALLY get to go back up north to our place!! It seems like it has been way too long since we have gone. We were going to be doing lots of work and still hope to get a lot done but now our 3 sons and 1 daughter in law will be coming (also our 8 year old)---our other DIL will be in New York City for a dental conference so my son will have both his kids with him. It will be fun to have all three grandchildren there.......and I'm hoping our sons will all be willing to pitch in and help cause we would really like to get the place closer to done. If they are willing it would be great to get a bunch of drywall hung this weekend. Their muscles would be WAY better than mine for lifting it up 3 sets of scaffolding to my husband!!! I'll happily watch the kids instead!!!!

Who else get's to get away this weekend?

Rifraf
# Posted: 19 Apr 2012 17:48

Yep, im going away this weekend also. This weekend im hoping to actually get all my insulation done top to bottom, get all my plugs in and main power juiced up to the cabin.

boltpost
# Posted: 19 Apr 2012 18:32

Yes I will be visiting my lot near the ocean this weekend. Meeting a contractor, and septic installer. Plus, participating in the beach clean up !

justincasei812
# Posted: 20 Apr 2012 08:45

Troll,

The trip to Florida went well. Traffic to and from is another story. Seems like all the northern states head south on the same day and we all come back on the same day. LOL Weather was good for the most part. We had more clouds and a little rain (more than was predicted) and the kids preferred to stay in the condo and watch TV. The girlfriend was bummed that they didn't enjoy it as much as we did but I think 9 days on the beach was a little much for them. They also had a choice of three pools and got tired of that after about the fourth day. All in all it was good though.

Last weekend at the cabin was a mix. Didn't get a lot done (just really want to get the electrical done). The girlfriends parents live about 20 minutes from my cabin and wanted to come and see it and visit a little. Seven hours later they left. So nothing really happened on Saturday. We need those times to relax and enjoy who we have in our lives. No cabin this weekend as there is way too much to get done at the house. Next weekend well...... big decision to make. Opening day of walleye season here and it is a big event with a festival in the next town or go to the cabin and cut trees that have fallen from that big snow storm we had. I have a friend who would like some fire wood and is willing to come up and help me clear trails and remove some of the downed trees.

Yes, hopefully the kids will help with the sheet rock!!! That stuff is heavy and cumbersome to say the least. I am sure they will help!!! I can't wait to have a lot of people there to sit and relax and have some fun. All those kids will make it enjoyable!

For all those who are going have fun and be safe!! "Keep your stick on the ice" as Red Green would say and GO REDWINGS!!!

Kevin

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.