Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / intro
michey
# Posted: 11 Jun 2009 19:25

Recently purchased a 20x20 in ME that was around 75% finished. I have since finished the loft, installed new steel roof, changed out stove pipe and nfinished walls withi V groove pine. I am very excited and looking forward to some great family retreats. It is on a "floating" slab and I would love to finish the floor with something, but need ideas. It is NOT smooth and has a rather rough finish. Boards would be great, but I worry about air flow. Very informative site and looking forward to learning more. What do you think of surrounding the wood stove with Dura rock with a 1" spacer for ventilation? I think it should be safe?

Thanks

Vince P
# Posted: 12 Jun 2009 08:12

sounds like that should work for the wood stove to meet the code, see the attached file.
As for the wood floor, I used inexpesive pine strapping with 2 coats of polyurethane... you can see a photo on this post:
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_127_0.html#msg497
317_1_o.jpg
317_1_o.jpg

lawnjocky
# Posted: 19 Jun 2009 10:45

I am going to use saltilla (sp?) tiles. They are redish Mexican tiles that sell for 1.09 a sq ft at Home Depot. I have done several floors with them including a kitchen and bath for my son a few weeks ago. You glue them down with thin set adhesive using a 1/4 inch notched trowel. There is enough substance there for covering a very rough surface. Seal them before and after you grout. That makes the after grout clean up much easier.

Jocko

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.