Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Running power into property...
<< . 1 . 2 .
Nobadays
# Posted: 17 Sep 2020 14:06

Wow...sweet!

Brettny
# Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:24

Geez $500 and you will have grid power. Cant even touch any decent solar for that price. And now you can use heat tape any other things to keep things from freezing.

Guess it goes to show you check all options and assume nothing.

WILL1E
# Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:05

@Brettny...power company quote is $90.67...$500 was the number he was spit-balling when i met him onsite.

Nate R
# Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:56

Wow. $100 + Equipment.

I believe when I looked the minimum billing charge was $20/mo from them.... I was assuming I'd spend $2-4K for hookup PLUS that $20/mo... My place is right on a paved road with power poles on the road, so I'd assume it'd be similar in cost to yours or better. Might make us think harder about being grid tied down the road.....

WILL1E
# Posted: 18 Sep 2020 13:22

@Nate R...based on your photos i can't see it costing much at all. You don't pay for a/the transformer. And they don't charge for boring under the road. The max they will go with "standard" service wire is 250' otherwise they worry about voltage drop. Service wire is ~$6.50ft. I think you get around a $750-$1k credit towards your install.

Nate R
# Posted: 22 Sep 2020 21:55

*sigh*, guess I should've asked them years ago.... Ah well, I guess I'll give them a call and see if I can get an appointment for next week to meet someone at my property. If it's going to be a few hundred, we'll probably get power. Makes propane heater options and stove options much easier, and I can't beat those rates with solar costs.

WILL1E
# Posted: 23 Sep 2020 07:34

If it weren't for my wife (not a big outdoorsy person) and my techy son (aka gamer), i would not have power at all.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.