Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Need help with Roofing and Framing.
<< . 1 . 2 .
OurLadyofGoodSuccess
# Posted: 7 Jan 2022 11:48

This is how the land looks. Not sure if I have a pic of the part that floods.
received_11046427632.jpeg
received_11046427632.jpeg

paulz
# Posted: 7 Jan 2022 12:52

Quoting: OurLadyofGoodSuccess
But I'm not going to speak up against a guy whose been building houses for 20 years.

I'd like to see one of those houses, or maybe not.

How about buying one of those kits with pre-cut lumber and step by step instructions? Honestly I don't see going forward with your neighbor's help coming out well.

gcrank1
# Posted: 7 Jan 2022 12:56

Buy a garage kit from a local lumber yard?
You will still have to properly prep the building site. That is a necessary but related set of knowledge and work. It all starts at the bottom.
Btw, if ya dont have a plan ya (duh) Dont Have A Plan.

spencerin
# Posted: 22 Jan 2022 09:56

OLGS,

These guys are right - don't consult your neighbor again. At least you didn't get very far. And, the posts/foundation seem re-usable, so that's good. I think using a pre-built shed as a cabin shell is a good idea, but if you don't want to go that route, you are correct in that before proceeding, you need to tear down that wall and put more piers in so that they're 8' apart.

YouTube has a ton of videos on people building small cabins. I'm sure you could get a lot of help from watching those, and then coming back here for clarification.

NorthRick
# Posted: 22 Jan 2022 20:59

Quoting: OurLadyofGoodSuccess
My neighbor is a contractor who was so I'm not working in the dark. This is what the wall used to look like.
received_46829652793.jpeg
received_46829652793.jpeg

Oh lordy. That wall is just so wrong. I would not let that neighbor on my property ever again.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.