Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin Interior
<< . 1 . 2 .
Seto
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 16:39

if you need interior wood panneling on a very tight budget look for 1/4" oak luan, its a plywood type sheet 4'x8' if your lucky they have a nice mix of knots in them looking nice.

I live in my cabin year round, i had to insulate and finish with very little money before winter. the Luan cost about $13 a sheet and i was able to finish the interior for under $200.

Part time
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 21:21

Seto,

I found some planks for .83 cents per sq foot and i've decided to do some of the wall covering in drywall. Between the two, the budget is more reasonable. I can't wait to start.

rayyy
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 17:20

I decided to go with 1x6 toung & groove pine.55cents a foot but I like the fact you cut it nail it up and your done.No mudding,sanding,taping,priming painting.It's a finished wall.I love rustic knotty pine.Ill put water based poly on it sometime in the near future.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Feb 2012 17:41

rayyyy...it will be beautiful when done!

I agree all that mudding, sanding, taping, priming and painting is just too much work!!!! LOL!!! We will have some drywall cause it is cheap but will cover the seams creatively so as to get out of all that annoying work!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 14:47

Quoting: Part time
Toyota,Do you have any pics of your interior? If I put up plywood I'm thinking about putting up battens so it would look like vertical planks. Did you stain or clear coat the plywood?Thanks

Part Time, I do have pictures of the inside. I have them posted in this forum, but will post a few to this thread too. At work now. Will send when I get home.

MtnDon
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 15:34

Don't know if it matters to anyone or not... One advantage of sheetrock is that once taped and jointed and painted with the appropriate primer is makes a pretty good vapor barrier and an excellent air movement barrier. T&G itself is 'air leaky". We've put T&G over sheetrock. No reason to make the joints all perfect, just tape and joint to achieve the barrier.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Mar 2012 21:27 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Don, I wrapped the inside of mine with a vapor barrier and sealed it air tight. Just under my plywood wall interior. Under the exterior sheathing is also Tyvek house wrap. My son in law did the insulation, and wrapping. He does this professionally. I know depending on climate can determine where and how much vapor barrier one uses.
Interior sheating in 3/8" plywood
Interior sheating in 3/8" plywood

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.