Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Outdoor shower ideas?
Borrego
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 21:56

Hey Guys - Looking for any input from y'all. We decided to put in an outdoor shower and are considering using rocks from around our area (mostly granite) for the wall and floor. I think I would set these in the thinset, maybe no grout, just white thinset? I could add in some of our rock collections, i.e. amythests, etc....
Anyone done this? Any ideas?
thanks....

wakeslayer
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 09:27

Sounds very cool.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 10:10

sounds like a great idea......i have saw several at hunting camps---made from PT lumber , with 4 PT wood posts, and composite deck board for the floor, and metal roofing / or tin for the sides and they were nice and quick and easy build.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 28 Feb 2012 10:18

Related thread, FYI: Share Your Shower Pics.

paulandshari
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 21:53

HI there,

Sounds like a cool and unique idea. We are tile setters and hubby has some suggestions. Are you still in the planning phase or are we too late?

Let us know and we'll go from there!

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Mar 2012 22:06

I am still planning but getting close.......ideas please!

Just
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 23:12

building with natural stone is slow ,the tinset or morter if thats what u mean ,drys very slowly because the stone will not draw the water out of the morter .. you can only lay a maxium of 3 rows of stone a day.so leve lots of time .other wise stone is the best building materal there is.I once built one with a small wood palit and board fence walls worked fine in summer. I have a pic somwere i'll look!!

jrbarnard
# Posted: 14 Mar 2012 08:50

I am making an outdoor shower as well. I bought a 275 gallon tank that I got a deal on, and figured to use 4x4 posts and fence pickets for the sides. I am just not exactly sure what I want to do for the actual "shower" yet...heh. Trying not to spend a ton of money on it as we will be adding a full bathroom in the new cabin. This is for the week or so of 12+ guys out there... heh

Russ

SE Ohio
# Posted: 22 Dec 2015 11:19

Saw this tile at a local building supplier, self-powered shower!
Another shower idea
Another shower idea

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 31 Dec 2015 09:10

I would be concerned about the seat comfort in such a setup.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.