Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Share your FLOORPLAN SKETCH
TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 13:51 - Edited by: TheCabinCalls

I thought it would be great to have a thread all flooplans. I know I spent a ton of time looking through books and websites to find the best config. So it'd be great to have all of our floorplans in one place to refer to or for those looking for ideas.
Floorplan with plumbing marked
Floorplan with plumbing marked

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 21:22

My floorplan. I have no indoor plumbing.
Floorplan
Floorplan

Montanan
# Posted: 2 Nov 2012 11:03

Here are our original floor plans but we made a couple of changes. On the first floor, we eliminated the bedroom, so it's all open except the bathroom. On the second floor, we extended the loft all the way to the front over the dining area so the only part that is open all the way to the roof is the 1/4 section where the wood stove is located.
Main floor
Main floor
Loft
Loft

Montanan
# Posted: 2 Nov 2012 11:06

Oh- and I should note that our dimensions ended up being 22x26' and we rearranged the bathroom fixtures. The sink is in the same place, but the tub is where the toilet is shown here and our toilet is where the hot water heater is shown (our hot water heater is where the tub is shown here.)

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 2 Nov 2012 11:53

My simple floor plan
small cabin floor plan

bugs
# Posted: 2 Nov 2012 18:38

Err almost embarrassed to post ours. We just did a working sketch.

Can't do much with 77 sq ft.
floor plan
floor plan

luther
# Posted: 3 Nov 2012 09:29

Here is mine. there is also a loft over the bathroom/bunk room area.

luther
floor plan
floor plan

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 3 Nov 2012 17:38

We are currently having this built. Should be done in a few days! I am so stoked (as my kids would say).

16x24
cabin.jpeg
cabin.jpeg

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 4 Nov 2012 21:15

The base dimensions are 20 ft X 10 ft. The original plan had a 6 ft deck wrapping around three sides. We repurposed 9 ft of the deck for the bathroom. Also there is a loft that will serve as the bedroom.

Not illustrated is a crawl space under the main floor.
ShabinNo5.JPG
ShabinNo5.JPG

FishPCreek
# Posted: 5 Nov 2012 23:04

Here are my graph paper sketches. then had a materials list for the contractor. Poor quality, but they got moved around a lot and scanned as well. They said they were easy to follow.
Exterior
Exterior

FishPCreek
# Posted: 5 Nov 2012 23:09

Some more basic sketches.
butlercabin.pdfAttached file: Layout/electric - no water

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 9 Nov 2012 13:33

These are great to see! Gives me some ideas of new tings to build

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 9 Nov 2012 21:55

Here are my schetches..they are a little hard to read as they are 17 yrs old! I drew these when I was 25yrs old!
Cabin_ConstructionA_.jpg
Cabin_ConstructionA_.jpg
Cabin_ConstructionA_.jpg
Cabin_ConstructionA_.jpg
Cabin_ConstructionA_.jpg
Cabin_ConstructionA_.jpg

grover
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 09:34

CabinCall,
I like your plan but can you explain the left rear area? There is a half bath and a utility room but what is the room between those two? It has a window but no other explanation.

KSalz,
Is there any way to make your plan larger? Just can't make out the details with it so small.

Borrego
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 19:55 - Edited by: Borrego

Here's ours: line the 2nd one next to the left of the 1st and you will have the whole concept. Roof deck on top of screen porch will have a drawbridge going over to the hill behind it.
indoors and front porch
indoors and front porch
screen porch with upper deck
screen porch with upper deck

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 20:28

Grover, that room between utilty and full bath is a bunk room. Kids love the small space. It is 8x6. The stairs actually go up from the front door now. I will post the plan as it was built.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 07:43

Here's on I'm working on now. There's a loft over the bedroom end.
For Paula
For Paula

beachman
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 13:48

Here is our plan. There is a 8/12 pitch roof so plenty of room with catheadral ceiling and a loft over the bedroom and the bath (for the water tank and pump). Some great plans here at this site - nice to see.
Floor_plan0001.pdfAttached file: Floor_plan0001.pdf

GomerPile
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 14:01

Loft is a 12/12 pitch roof over the kitchen and bath. The front section is a cathedral ceiling. Dimensions are 14x18. Walls will be R30 and ceilings should be close to R60. Using green building methods to keep energy costs low and building costs high .
Screen_shot_201211.png
Screen_shot_201211.png

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 31 Dec 2012 17:03 - Edited by: MikeOnBike

No loft, 140sqft. We are going to skip the sink and use some small plastic tubs for washing and then store them under the counter when done. This will allow us to put a 2 burner stove on the counter and have a 4ft. food prep space.

There are three rolling storage boxes under the bed and a storage shelf just under the end of the bed. There will be a 1ft. deep x 14ft. shelf across the front wall just above door/window height.

Coyote Ridge Observatory Floor Plan

So far it is working out pretty well. We still have a lot of interior finish work to do but the space feels good.

jaransont3
# Posted: 3 Jan 2013 21:13

Here is the floorpan for our little cabin in Northern MN. Main cabin is 16x20. Bedroom is 8x12. Porch is 6x20.

Purplerules
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 11:09

We had a 16x28 shell built and delivered. It has a 16x4 porch. Which makes the interior appox. 16x24 for us to finish out. After many hours of configuring the space this is what we have ended up with.
We have two possible places for the woodburning stove, but will wait till loft, stairs, and rooms are in. If any of you have any suggestion on stove placement I would like to here them. The closet space in the bedroom may end up being a space for stackable laundry, if we end up moving in on a more permanent basis in the future. Then we would just use a simple armoire for clothes.
floorplan_003.JPG
floorplan_003.JPG

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.