Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / small fridge 2.7 cu ft AC/DC/LP in Minnesota
wakeslayer
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 08:59

Hey everyone

I just replaced the fridge in our B van. The Dometic that I removed still works but has become quite sensitive to level. It is also 18 years old so it has lost some oomph.
It still works pretty good when exactly level but have had less luck when traveling with it. I was going to just get rid of it but thought that someone may be able to use it in their cabin as it would be installed level. You could use both gas and 110V. The 12v part of it really needs to be running at alternator voltage, not just at 12v.
If anyone is interested please post here or email me at nauteeks@tds.net I have the box crate that the new one came in so I can package it, but you would have to arrange shipping. Probably makes more sense if it is someone from MN or close.

Lemme know

Mike

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 13:47

Hey Mike, Not interested in the fridge....but am curious as to what b van you have? I am thinking about getting one for a trip to Oregon next summer...

wakeslayer
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 15:43

Hey neighbor,

We bought a 1994 Airstream B190. It is about the snazziest B van out there. We looked at many of them and none could touch the features, etc of our bus. It's a Ford E350 with a 460 engine. We go to a lot of music festivals and are beyond wanting to tent it anymore. Has AC, furnace, fan heater, fridge, oven/stove, microwave, bathroom, shower, queen size bed up top and the couch folds out, 20 gallon freshwater, water heater, gray and black waste tanks, generator, 30A shore power, removable table, and more.
They seem to go between $5k and mid teens. We paid $5k for ours, but have nearly that much back into it getting it all to perfect working, safe order. Tires, shock, radiator, trans work, new fridge, couple new little things inside, etc.
I think I posted pics in the off-topic section back when we got it. Titled something like "Our rolling cabin"

I can post more pics if you cannot find it. Good luck searching one out, keep an eye on CL in your region. We were looking at three. One in TX, one in CA, and on in NM, and one popped up an hour from us.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 13:37

Found it and I commented on it when you first posted it!
Do you find the upper bunk big enough for two adults?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 13:44

I would really prefer a dedicated sleep space so if one of us gets up early the other can still sleep without having to convert the couch.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 5 Aug 2013 09:22

Yep, my wife and I are fine up there. Our 20lb dog insists on a spot as well. We bought a good quality air mattress instead of the foam pads that came with. The bottom bed fits two smaller adults, or one really big dog.

Dillio187
# Posted: 5 Aug 2013 10:01 - Edited by: Dillio187

where in MN are you? feel free to email me if you'd like, the address is in my profile.

BTW, congrats on the Airstream. Awesome rigs!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 6 Aug 2013 13:41

Hi Dillio,

Sent you a PM

Mike

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Aug 2013 09:24

Mike and Dillio how are your summers going? Getting to lots of music festivals, and Dillio, playing golf and working at the cabin? Haven't heard from you in a while, but I assume you are still working hard to finish your place. How's your driveway doing?

Mike, when are you going to your cabin again? Are you still making plans to move out there to be closer?

wakeslayer
# Posted: 8 Aug 2013 11:03

Hey Trolli

Summer is going by far too fast. With Spring not having showed up til June, it is depressing to think we are on the downward spiral again.
We spent a week at the cabin with the kids after the 4th weekend. Was great to have all of us there again. Our son had not had a vacation in about a year. Barbara and I are going back out late September for our last visit of the year, winterize, etc. We no longer fly if we can avoid it. We hop in the car and drive with the dogs.
We have been to a couple festies, have one this weekend, and then one early September. We started having live music on a beautiful shaded patio in the back of our farm. We are pretty excited about the reaction and attendance we have had so far. We have at least four more shows to go this year. Too bad you are so far away! That is affecting our desire to sell our farm in a hurry. If a couple things go good here, we may keep it a while until the market gets better.

How about your summer? Getting stuff done on the cabin? Kids good? Sorry, I don't get on here enough to stay up to date.

Mike

PS: I think Pete is going to come grab our fridge so I will get to meet my first small-cabiner soon.

Dillio187
# Posted: 8 Aug 2013 12:19

my summer has been largely golf, rain, cabin, repeat, not always in that order.

We rented a nice lake home we found on vrbo.com the week before Labor Day weekend that is up north of Hibbing and are spending a week there. I can't wait to do some fishing, swimming, canoeing, golfing etc and just relaxing. The dog will love it too.

We are going to our cabin for Labor Day weekend, where I hope to have a 'new' used fridge to play with. It will be good to meet you Mike!

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Aug 2013 16:57

It is great to hear you both are doing well! Dillio...good score on the fridge!
Mike, you aren't too far away...a live band at your farm sounds like a blast!We should plan a neighbor to neighbor (duckhead/cheesehead) get together. I know Owen and Dave(sustainusfarms) and Tom(tsvoyagur) and now Patrick whose building up by us have all expressed an interest in getting together. Shabin5 and his wife are also in the cities and it would be fun to meet them too. Add Dillio and it sounds like a great time!

My summer is going well, but fast. We seem to be having trouble getting in much cabin time. Typical for us during the summer months. Kids and grandkids all doing well...our daughter Noelle is somehow already almost 8 months old!

Have a great time at the cabin you are renting Dillio and Mike, if you are interested, let us know dates of the "wakeslayer concerts" and maybe we could plan something

Ellen

wakeslayer
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 10:56

We are going to have two Saturday shows. Sept 21st, and Oct 12th.
Bands are getting close to being finalized. Plenty of room to camp, and there are a couple motels fairly close. Would be really fun to have a little S-C rally.

Outdoor concert at Wakeslayers farm!

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 11:30

October12th would be awesome for me!!!!

Are these kid friendly affairs? I will see who else is interested It sounds like a fun time, and with good weather, what a beautiful time of year!!!!

Boy, Dave...you were quick to snatch that b van

wakeslayer
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 16:54

Well, the topic is kind of over, as Pete (Dillio 187) just stopped by and picked up his new fridge for his cabin.

Dillio187
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 23:57

thanks again Mike. I'll make sure to send some pictures when it's installed and keeping some 'essentials' cold!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.