Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Carport -- attached or detached?
<< . 1 . 2 .
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 26 Feb 2016 02:06

I'm not planning to have cupboards. I know that sounds awful but I HATE cupboards. They're a nightmare, from my point-of-view. They require a lot of bending, reaching, and bringing down heavy/breakable things. Just no.

My builder offers handmade worktops for his sheds and charges per linear foot. Pegboards, too. I'm actually going to have him make me a couple of worktops. One that will serve as a place to insert the sink and provide countertop space and another that will be a breakfast bar/countertop/worktop. That one will be wider so that I can store my dinnerware on it.

I'll have shelves on my kitchen walls within reach for other things. I also have a butcher block cart that I'm taking with me that has some a built in small cupboard and a drawer that I can use for silverware. It's on wheels so I can use it for food prep or serving and move it to wherever I need it.

The pegboard will be mounted on a wall next to my range and I can hang my pots/pans on it. Easy access.

The space under the sink will be open but covered with a pretty curtain. I'll also store my portable washer under the worktop there. I was going to keep it in the bathroom but this makes more sense. I'll have the Shurflo pump attached to the kitchen pipe so the washer will have the required pressure. AND I'll be able to sort and folk laundry on either of those countertops. Plenty of room.

I'll have an RV stove. It's small, so I could always open it from the side if I needed to do that.

While keeping the tootsies warm under the throne would be magic (!), I'm not sure I could justify devoting watts to it in the winter, lol. I'll have to stick with my favorite slippers!

A new thing DID occur to me and I'd love your input. I am going to start a new thread for it because I think it might be of interest to people who might not read this thread. Namely, an accessible from indoors bulk fuel (in my case, pellet) chute/bin!

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.