Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Insulating floor of camp on piers- Upstate New York
<< . 1 . 2 .
Steve_S
# Posted: 23 Aug 2016 09:39

Lessons learned dept.

I used some of the older version of XPS Foam (Roofmate TM) in my powerhouse a couple of years ago. Certain miserable ants like to chew it ! frickin foam bits everywhere... and only that blue XPS from Dow Corning is giving me that trouble. (glad I did not use that on my cabin ! The XPS under the slab is a different kind and no prob)

Did some checking an sure enough, some earlier foams used stuff which ended up attracting certain critters. I am also told, that some of the Soya Based spray foams are also attractants. Is it true ? I dunno but I would not be surprised with the big rush to get product to market , that someone goofed.

Never ever buy a Version One of ANYTHING and wait till 2.1 is out so the problems are resolved... Applies to electronics, cars, software, building products... and for those with more than one EX-Spouse, them too... Darned Version 1's always making life tough.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.