Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Battery maintenance question
<< . 1 . 2 .
bobrok
# Posted: 8 Sep 2011 01:12

Anonymous
that would be me, bobrok, posting that above...

MtnDon
# Posted: 8 Sep 2011 01:51

I like the chargers made by Iota Engineering. They have several 12 VDC models, ranging from 15 to 90 amps output. I have a 55 amp model I use with the 4 GC batteries in the RV and a 30 amp model for other uses. They have the ability to piggyback identical models to increase amperage capacity. The basic models do not have a true bulk-absorb-float charge, but they do drop from the higher rates to the float automatically. There is a plug that can be removed to permit an increase in charge voltage from 13.6 to 14.2 to speed the charge.

With the optional IQ4 they are turned into a 3 stage, bulk-absorb-float charger. I do have that plug in device. Then the only thing they will not do is an equalization charge.

PS, they also make solid state ballasts for FL lights. With one of those a 120 VAC fl light can be converted to operate on 12 VDC (or 24 VDC)

They are in AZ and make things there.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.