Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Simple, minimalist 12v LED lighting
<< . 1 . 2 .
Dillio187
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 10:18

hows the color on those sparky? Are they warm or more blueish?

sparky1
# Posted: 3 Jun 2013 17:32

some what Blueish---but i like them I have (1) over the keyboard. at a angle so NOT to blind me.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 22:18 - Edited by: SE Ohio

Here's my ~$33 Lowe's solar spotlight setup. Spotlights could easily be placed indoors and switches added. I used plastic conduit to hold spotlights, one shines on doorknob the other on my steps. Handy when we get there after dark. There was a third spotlight but it disappeared the one time I loaned my cabin...

Anyway, when the batteries are new and charged these lights seem bright enough to read by.
Lowes solar panel and LED spotlight set
Lowes solar panel and LED spotlight set
Another view
Another view

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 10:31

Thanks to TomChum and his thread here I used his excellent idea to make a few of my own 12v LED lights. I wanted to keep them rustic looking in my log cabin so I bored holes into pieces of cedar and placed the sockets and bulbs in them. I then hooked them up to a light switch. They are very bright and efficient and the cost of the bulbs is offset by how long they last and how little power they draw. The single light is in my outhouse and throws a ton of light in there.
12v light
12v light
12 volt light
12 volt light
12 volt light
12 volt light

gcrank1
# Posted: 17 Apr 2023 10:14

My 'new' minimalist lighting, a Jobsmart brand (bought at our local TSC) usb rechargeable multi-purpose 'work light'; hang or set where you want. Runs a fair long time on low so run on an evening and plug into the usb charger the next day, ready to go the next night.
No wiring, batteries to replace, etc. Need to go to the toolshed?; its a flashlight too then once there its a shed light.
Certainly cheaper and easier than the small solar panel, bat, wiring, etc. 'system' for the shed light I threw together last year......Oh well, I had the stuff so I put it to use, but if I would have had to buy the stuff this Jobsmart light would make far more sense.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 18 Apr 2023 11:41 - Edited by: KinAlberta

These USB rechargeable lights / rechargeable wall sconces look like they might also work but they look possibly too small to provide much useful light.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/landgoo-motion-sensor-night-lights-magnet-body-sensor-ha llway-night-lights-rechargeable-led-light-portable-stairway-night-lights-wooden-wall- sconce-battery-powe--785878203741785495/

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2021-Led-Infrared-Sensor-Photosensitive-Sensor-Night-Light -Wireless-Usb-Rechargeable-Night-Lamp-For-Bedside-Wardrobe-Wall-Lamp/244472894

“LANDGOO Motion Sensor Night Lights Magnet Body Sensor Hallway Night Lights Rechargeable Led Light Portable Stairway Night Lights Wooden Wall Sconce Battery Powered Cabinet Lights(White Ash Wood 1PC)“

https://www.amazon.com/LANDGOO-Rechargeable-Portable-Battery-Household/dp/B09KX38VVM

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.