Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Rotten little buggers.
<< . 1 . 2 .
RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 23 Sep 2015 08:01

Craig... he didn't get the lead poisoning treatment... Instead I took him to un-developed land, far away from anyone's house... and let him go.

FishHog
# Posted: 23 Sep 2015 08:26

Yikes!!! Yeah, Silverwaterlady brought up something I was wondering about the peanut butter-bucket method. Doesn't it attract other, um, much larger wild things to the cabin? Like bears?

Yes is surly can. Use with caution if that is a risk in your area.

cabingal3
# Posted: 23 Sep 2015 09:52

it works.
i did the bucket of death and got one mouse.
FishHog i got a little strainer with a handle and scooped it out.whee.
only thing...in winter the water would probably be frozen but its good for now...
well anything can attract bigger animals.just frying bacon in your cabin in the morning could.

FishHog
# Posted: 23 Sep 2015 12:34

Add some antifreeze and they work all winter and basically preserve the mice so they don't smell. I've left them for up to 6months with no issues.....unless you're a mouse

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 23 Sep 2015 16:44

Please read the last paragraph. I stated leaving the bucket there and going home could pose a problem.

rayyy
# Posted: 26 Sep 2015 06:22

Haaaaaay it worked!Got me a mouse.

old243
# Posted: 27 Sep 2015 09:20

Just spent a week at camp. Had several traps set , but no evidence of mice. The leaves are starting to turn on the red maples, the weather was nice . Caught a few fish. Life is good. old243

SE Ohio
# Posted: 10 Dec 2015 13:04

Have not seen a mouse in months now! Went over the last few gaps in the interior walls here and there, and plugged them all. Fitted wedge-shaped pieces of wood and drove 'em in good. I'm sure they're still in the walls, but that's a battle for another day.

So nice to arrive to a cabin with empty baited traps!

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.