Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / I would like to see pictures of your cabin and land
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . >>
neb
# Posted: 5 Mar 2011 18:53

I tried a search for this topic and I didn't see where there was a topic like this. If this was a thread before I'm sorry for the post. It would be great to see your properties and cabin.

hattie
# Posted: 5 Mar 2011 22:21

Most people have pictures of their places on individual threads. Here are some shots of our place (we live in the office - the Bank, Saloon and Barber are our motel rooms) and our surroundings.
Our House (also Office) and Business
Our House (also Office) and Business
Fishing Lake up the Mountain
Fishing Lake up the Mountain
View of the Valley
View of the Valley
Prospector's Cabin
Prospector's Cabin

Erin's #1Mom
# Posted: 5 Mar 2011 22:45

hattie,
I'm sure if I look I will find your location but having had a few glasses of wine, I don't have it in me. Where is this piece of heaven you call home?

neb
# Posted: 5 Mar 2011 22:47

That is a great place you have there and is very very nice.

hattie
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 00:11 - Edited by: hattie

Quoting: Erin's #1Mom
Where is this piece of heaven you call home?

We are located in the south central interior of British Columbia, Canada.

neb - Thanks :-)

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 07:17

hattie---beautiful place, looks so peaceful.

Anonymous
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 08:18

Ohhhh Hattieeee,,,very niceeee!!!

bugs
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 11:00

Hattie that is gorgeous!

Flat landers here. No mountains for us.....sadly....but they just get in the way of the view.

Our OP
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_202_0.html
Our mini camp/shed
Our mini camp/shed
one of our trails
one of our trails
waiting for the night
waiting for the night
looking from the beaverlodge to the yard
looking from the beaverlodge to the yard

hattie
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 13:27

Thanks everybody. *S*

Bugs: Your place looks really nice!!! Nothing wrong with flat. *S* I love the picture "waiting for the night". Oh and you have beavers!!! Just love those guys - they are so interesting. I watched a show about them and they are incredibly smart!!! We have them here too, but I have yet to see one. All we see is their tail marks in the mud and of course, the trees they chew on. *S*

neb
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 17:10

Bugs very nice and like to view and the country you live in. How big is your cabin?

bugs
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 17:58

hattie: We love beaver too. We can sit in the early morning/evening at the picnic table sipping coffee/beverages of choice and watch them renovate the lodge or haul in their winter store of branches. We have another beaver lodge in a small pond along our driveway. Last year they set up a dam system in some other wetlands as well. They were "busy as beavers".

Unfortunately, the municipality has a bounty on beavers because they are supposedly causing flooding. It is easier to shoot them and dynamite them then to set up a beaver proof drain system in their dams. Funny, down in the southern part of the province I did some research on a creek system and the cattlemen/ranchers tried to attract beavers to dam up the creek (it was illegal for the ranchers to dam up the creek themselves) so they would have water for their cattle.

Neb

I don't think you can call our micro shed a cabin. Might not even pass as a bunkie. Maybe one day when it grows up! Our little shed is 12x8 outside with 6" insulated walls giving us 77 square feet of living space. No loft. We are trying to keep just on the cusp of having a cabin and tenting. We used to backpack in the Rockies in a tiny 2 person tent. So having a shed (with a bed, table&chairs, solar power, heater etc) is like staying at THE Paris Hilton for us.

hattie
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 18:17

Quoting: bugs
Unfortunately, the municipality has a bounty on beavers because they are supposedly causing flooding. It is easier to shoot them and dynamite them then to set up a beaver proof drain system in their dams. Funny, down in the southern part of the province I did some research on a creek system and the cattlemen/ranchers tried to attract beavers to dam up the creek (it was illegal for the ranchers to dam up the creek themselves) so they would have water for their cattle.

Wow - how strange. Here in BC you can't kill beaver. My step-son had some property that became flooded because of beaver dams and he was told "tough luck". At night you could sit on his porch and hear them chewing away at the trees and then crasssshhhh as the trees came down. *S* People are always complaining about the damage they cause with their dams. I have seen pictures of the beaver proof drain systems and they seem to be ideal. Odd that they won't use them where you are. Gotta love the government, eh?!

jvgo
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 22:05

This is my first post on this forum. I have been lurking in the posts for some time. I have been enjoying and gaining much knowledge from the forum.

This is my shed in Forest county (northwest) Pennsylvania. I am just getting started with it. The interior is unfinished and un-insulated. I do have a small woodburner for heat installed but not much else. This has not stopped me from enjoying the shed/cabin though.
Cabin1
Cabin1
Cabin2
Cabin2
Cabin Lane
Cabin Lane
Interio
Interio

neb
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 22:33

I started this post and I also am new here. I didn't post for a long time but have done so mow. That is one nice shed and thanks for sharing the picture. I really enjoy looking at these sheds because I have just got started on mine. Again thanks and what a great shed and acreage.

hattie
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 23:02

jvgo: That is a really nice place. I love the porch and shutters.

Gary O
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 23:31 - Edited by: Gary O

neb
That's a darn good idea in trying to get cabin pix and names in one place.
Kind of an anthology.
There are so many wonderful creations throughout all these posts.
Here's our tiny cabin we built summer of 2009
cabin built 2009
cabin built 2009
last trip down, winter 2011
last trip down, winter 2011

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 00:20 - Edited by: MikeOnBike

Still needs a bit of paint. The next shed will be built this spring.
SDC10353_t.JPG
SDC10353_t.JPG
SAM_0342_t.JPG
SAM_0342_t.JPG

hattie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 00:46

Gary O: Your place looks very cozy.

MikeOnBike: It looks like you have a real pretty spot there.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 04:11

jvgo----nice place has charm.
mike on bike- pretty property and shed

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 08:46

Quoting: jvgo
This is my shed in Forest county (northwest) Pennsylvania. I am just getting started with it. The interior is unfinished and un-insulated. I do have a small woodburner for heat installed but not much else. This has not stopped me from enjoying the shed/cabin though.

JVGO,
Beautiful looking cabin and surroundings...nice job!
What's the square footage of your cabin?

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 08:49

Mike on Bike,
Very rustic...nice place.
Where's you're spot located?

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 08:53

Hattie...your place looks like a postcard.
If I ever do the drive again from Ontario to BC...you've got guests!!!

Bugs,
Pic Quote : "Looking from the Beaver lodge to the yard".......I like your definition of "yard".....holy cow!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:06

Here you go, Neb...and welcome to "Cabin Dwellers Anonomyous" !
You're now "in".
bunkie
bunkie

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 13:38

Quoting: bushbunkie
Mike on Bike,
Very rustic...nice place.
Where's you're spot located?

SW Idaho @ ~6000ft.

Mahogany on the south slope.
Mahogany on the south slope.
Cutting a road into my place.
Cutting a road into my place.

cman47c
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 13:50

jvgo, Hows the deer population in Forest County?
alaska_013.jpg
alaska_013.jpg

neb
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 20:02

Quoting: Gary O
Here's our tiny cabin we built summer of 2009

Boy that is nice.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 20:07

Quoting: cman47c
alaska_013.jpg

nice camp!!!!

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 20:51

Again, neb, you really started something, and I sure hope everyone can afford the time to take part.
There's just a ton of truly great cabins in this forum, from a rehab camp trailer that has all the warmth and aesthitics one could possibly desire, to the classic log cabin of one's childhood dreams.
I continue to forage to re-instill inspiration, but having them all in one place would be the capper.

neb
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 21:00

Quoting: Gary O
but having them all in one place would be the capper.

Yes it would be nice to have them all in one place. I hope most will post up a picture. All that have posted are all treasure's and great places. Each one has it's own personality and that is what is great.

neb
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 21:04

Quoting: bushbunkie
welcome to "Cabin Dwellers Anonomyous" !
You're now "in".

That is awesome. Very nice.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.