Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / starting my 16'x20' cabin build
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 .
customrunner
# Posted: 1 May 2013 22:49

and more
geter_done_013__Cop.jpg
geter_done_013__Cop.jpg
geter_done_014.JPG
geter_done_014.JPG
geter_done_016.JPG
geter_done_016.JPG

customrunner
# Posted: 1 May 2013 22:49

And 2 more
miss_012.JPG
miss_012.JPG
geter_done_017.JPG
geter_done_017.JPG

creeky
# Posted: 9 May 2013 18:42

nice build.

customrunner
# Posted: 21 May 2013 15:13

Well just got back from a great long weekend at the cabin and I got some real progress done first I wired and mounted the last five solar panels and started up the system and it works great am now running my cabin with electric fridge with no problems also now have running water in the cabin and finished up the t&g pine in the high sealing area of the kitchen and living room and all the finish trim work
I just can't wait to get back up there and put in some more time..
036.JPG
036.JPG
051.JPG
051.JPG
185.JPG
185.JPG
088.JPG
088.JPG

customrunner
# Posted: 21 May 2013 15:14

and more picks
092.JPG
092.JPG
093.JPG
093.JPG
175.JPG
175.JPG

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 23:14

Wow...that's a lot of solar! Great place for them, too!

customrunner
# Posted: 24 May 2013 16:41

Thanks trollbridge, I have four 95w panels and 5 80w panels for a total of 780w witch I need to run the electric fridge, eight 4w lights and small lcd tv and as my first solar install I have to say it sure went smooth thanks to all the great info from the site.

Oilerfan
# Posted: 24 May 2013 16:50

Very nice place customrunner. Looks like you are getting down to the finishing stages...not that a cabin is ever really done...which is the fun part...right??

Curious if you have any pics of how you connected the rafters to the top plate. I am planning a shed type roof as well. Typical framing calls for birds mouth cuts so the rafters sit flush on the top plate. It doesn't look like you did this and made had a connectors instead?? I am not an expert framer and would love to avoid the birds mouth cut if possible but still want something that is going to provide a strong connection.

customrunner
# Posted: 24 May 2013 20:02

Hi Oilerfan, I used earth quake plates cheap and easy to instal insted of doing the birds mouth cut and ripped 2"x4"s on the angel to match the pitch of the roof that sit flush on the top plates so the rafters sit flush, never like the idea of taking material out of a rafter (and I'm no framer either).
As for nearing the end well my to do list is as long as a babys arm so I gues I'm getting closser LOL!!!
cabin_5_035.JPG
cabin_5_035.JPG

Bevis
# Posted: 25 May 2013 15:20

Customrunner... How tall is the front upper section, above the wall ? Building a new hunting cabin, and like how you have the upper windows too.

customrunner
# Posted: 25 May 2013 18:45

Hay Bevis, the upper sections are 2'2" for a total front wall of 10'2" and the back wall is 8'2" and yes the upper windows are great let in a lot of natural light good luck on your build.

customrunner
# Posted: 4 Oct 2013 12:39

Well been a while since my last update been at the cabin lots this summer having a great time, have got some work done on the bathroom and master bedroom also received my isTA Breeze 500W wind turbine looking for word to installing it next weekend when we head up for thanks giving.
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg

customrunner
# Posted: 4 Oct 2013 12:40

more picks
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
August_long_at_the_c.jpg
wind_gen_002.JPG
wind_gen_002.JPG

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.