Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 8x12 cabin in Portugal
ricardojsbrito
# Posted: 5 Sep 2012 19:50 - Edited by: ricardojsbrito

I'm planning to build an 8x12 cabin with loft plus 5x 12 porch in Portugal, in a place called Caramulo. Fortunately i found this website to guide me, since i have no building experience. I'm still not sure what kind of foundation i will use (maybe sona tubes). The land is quite rochy (granite), and the soil quite dry and compact. I will build it on a 32 inches slope. I'm planning to build it without any toxic wood treatment, i will try linseed oil. No wood will touch the ground. I will use mainly pine, since it's the most inexpensive wood here. I'm planning to use 2x8's for the floor, 2x4's for the walls and roof (single-pitch roof with pine wood shingles) , and still not sure about the loft. More posts to come. I will apreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you. Here's some photos.

ricardojsbrito
# Posted: 5 Sep 2012 20:01

Here are the photos
caramulo1
caramulo1
caramulo2
caramulo2
caramulo3
caramulo3

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 Sep 2012 21:21

welcome.your land looks very wonderful.is that the beach right there?wow.
i think your cabin sounds so wonderful.we want some photos when u start.thank u for sharing with us.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 6 Sep 2012 23:22

Welcome, It looks neat there. Solid rock is the best foundation you can get.

Keep us posted.

Owen

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 7 Sep 2012 07:21

Ricardo, welcome it appears that you will enjoy a similar building process to our project.

http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_618_0.html

Good luck and keep the photos coming! Love the views of the water.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.