Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New 16x24 cabin going up in Alaska
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 .
KSalzwedel
# Posted: 17 Mar 2014 04:23

This is downstairs progress from this week.
downstairs t&g
downstairs t&g
diagonal ceiling, sheetrock wall
diagonal ceiling, sheetrock wall
what to do behind the woodstove?
what to do behind the woodstove?

Liamey
# Posted: 18 Jun 2014 18:45

KSalzwedel

Liamey
# Posted: 18 Jun 2014 18:52

Hello,

You have a beautiful cabin, well more like a palace in the woods. I am trying to build something similar in Canada. I am still excavating soil/clay in the middle of nowhere. I am wanting to go 16 x24 and have 15 holes dug, to make 3 rows of beams, each beam resting on five posts. It looks like you have 2 beams and I am wondering if I can do the same thing. Do you know if 3 beams might be a bad idea as opposed to 2? Also, if I may ask, what thickness are your main beams on the tubes? Are they doubled?
Thank you.

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 18 Jun 2014 19:41

4x 10 or 4x12. We had it built.

Liamey
# Posted: 18 Jun 2014 21:21

Thank you

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 8 Sep 2014 01:53

Summer fire came 2 miles away (we had firetrucks lined up on our dirt road for a nailbiter. Did LOTS of emergency firewise with one man and a chainsaw. Got rock in around front of cabin (will put up pics when completed). Woodshed built, it is huge and also houses a summer only washing machine and clothesline. LOVE that. Will post pics soon. Wrong computer right now. Winter coming, so lots of "unseen" work that makes life better in the 10 below times.

Husband got a helper. Finally picked up a used ATV. My back is FINALLY on the mend. (Thank you, Lord!) Now maybe I won't be a drag on him. God is good!

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 8 Sep 2014 02:03

Pics of wood shed, ATV, and some of the rock.
Atv
Atv
Rock
Rock
Pallet woodshed
Pallet woodshed
Fire 200,000 acres gone
Fire 200,000 acres gone

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 8 Sep 2014 02:07

Oldest daughter got married this summer too! Beautiful bride and handsome groom
Bride and groom
Bride and groom
Some of our summer visitors
Some of our summer visitors

naturelover66
# Posted: 8 Sep 2014 07:08

Congrats!!

newt3220
# Posted: 12 Nov 2014 08:43

Hi,KSalzwedel

Your Cabin looks great! I like the huge beams that you have going the short distance of the cabin, this is exactly what I want to do this next year,But I cant find a plan that is like yours. Where did you get the plans?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.