Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Log Futon
skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 12:01

I just came back from a month at the cabin. It was an amazing relaxing time with lots of family coming and going. I did enjoy some time to myself which was nice and then some time with just the wife and I. I finished off my log sauna/Bunkie project and I am very pleased with the results. Another project I tackled was to make a log futon inside the cabin. I wanted a place for my mom to be able to sleep that was comfortable, yet not inconvenient to set up at night. Here are some pics. I do plan on getting a futon mattress for next summer. The futon opens up to a double bed.
futon_4.jpg
futon_4.jpg
futon_3.jpg
futon_3.jpg
futon.jpg
futon.jpg
futon_5.jpg
futon_5.jpg

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 12:04

One final picture.
futon_2.jpg
futon_2.jpg

Shadyacres
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 12:08

Excellent job skoot. Did you have a plan ? Did you harvest all the logs yourself ?

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 12:13

Thanks! I did not have a plan but I did see some pictures on the internet and figured I could make something similar. Yes I did cut all the trees down myself and peeled the logs.

naturelover66
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 15:31

Love it!! Looks great.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 17:20

excellent job!!!

rmak
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 17:56

Nice!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 19:26

Thanks all! My mom really enjoyed her sleep on it. I kept it up a little higher which made it easier for her to get in and out of it as she is getting older an has a tougher time getting around. We really like the space savings of it and it just pulls out from the bottom and voila a bed.

cabingal3
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 20:47

thats just so wonderful.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 01:20

That is SO NICE!!!!! You'd make a mint if you sold these!!!! I'd buy one for sure!!!!!

Purplerules
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 08:55

That is so cool. Great piece that will most likely get past down through generations!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 21:29

Thanks all. Julie that would be a cool side job, making these. The only problem is that it would become like work which is no fun!!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 23:11

skootamattaschmidty

LOL, I see your point!

WyattEarp
# Posted: 8 Sep 2015 19:22

skootamattaschmidty,

The futon looks great!

Do you have any pics of your cabin posted?

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 8 Sep 2015 20:02

Thanks Wyatt! I have a bunch of pics of the cabin on this link. http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/8_4915_0.html

I know you are building a log cabin and I have been following your thread! Keep up the great work and keep posting pics!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 8 Sep 2015 20:04

I also have a couple of pics on my thread of my log cabin sauna build.
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_4903_0.html

leonk
# Posted: 10 Sep 2015 13:25

very nice!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.