Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My 100 sq. ft. "cabin" in Southwestern Ontario - Lake Huron
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 .
bushbunkie
# Posted: 24 Jun 2021 14:46

Hi Scott - will send you email today.
Cheers,
BB

bushbunkie
# Posted: 25 Jun 2021 17:35 - Edited by: bushbunkie

It's been busy so far this year. Reminding myself to enjoy the journey as each project gets started/finished. I'll never be done but that's OK...memories have and continue to be made. It's great see my two boys (20/22) realizing not everyone has a cabin and their buddies think it's the coolest thing. Some of their buddies have never owned a sleeping bag...can you imagine?? Stuff on the go:
1. Built a mini-pond and rock garden to attract birds / frogs. I didn't realize that if you covered 70-80% of pond with plants it cleans itself...no pump needed...which is great if you are off grid. Have fish and frogs now.
2. Finally have my electrical panel hooked up to genie. We saw our cabin lit up for the first time...awesome!
3. After years of composting our poop with peat moss in one spot, I started turning and spreading it. No smell at all and basically just peat moss. This system really works!
4. Made two flower gardens out of old cattle troughs...this year they look amazing...everything came back and survived the winter
5. Outdoor shower now complete. Controls boxed in and weather-proofed. No need to put it all away when we leave each time.
6. Got my shipment (250 boards) of milled 3/4" log siding. Starting to do the inside this summer finally.

I'm now semi-retired ...need to slow down and actually enjoy the ride I've worked so hard for.
Cheers.

bushbunkie
# Posted: 25 Jun 2021 17:56

Trying to upload some photos...

bushbunkie
# Posted: 25 Jun 2021 17:59

After 10 years, can't seem to upload photos...half are upside down? Anyone know the fix??

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.