Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Jeeps
. 1 . 2 . >>
Borrego
# Posted: 10 Sep 2011 20:16

Well here's my first Jeep (Wrangler, that is). Looking forward to getting it off on the great sandy trails out in the desert. Should be cool enough in a couple weeks.. Who else has a Jeep and what have you done to mod it, particularly in relation to getting to your cabin

smitty
# Posted: 10 Sep 2011 21:15 - Edited by: smitty

Have a 99 Cherokee XJ that I am fixing up for the trail. Not going to do much modding. Going to add a brush guard, and wench, in case I get stuck, or need to push something. Going to give it a small lift and some bigger tires. About all I plan on doing to it from stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZnlAzfpY0

Bevis
# Posted: 10 Sep 2011 23:09

Have a 97 TJ that has been used hard. Lifted & bashed...was rock crawling with it, but now it gets us to the hunting cabin as its wet out there.

Becca
# Posted: 11 Sep 2011 13:47

I'd love to have a Wrangler some day. Until then, I'll just have to make do with my ZR2 Blazer.

Borrego
# Posted: 11 Sep 2011 17:50

I'm thinkin a winch also with a beefier bumper and maybe a 2" body/spacer lift. And some cool interior stuff, Jeeps are so much fun!!!

soundandfurycabin
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 01:23

Going to add a brush guard, and wench, in case I get stuck,

Good idea, she can push while you keep the wheels spinning.

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 15:59

Quoting: soundandfurycabin
Good idea, she can push while you keep the wheels spinning.

It was all I could do to resist using that line ........

MtnDon
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 21:16

'99 Cherokee, ARB locking diffs F&R, Quickair II compressor, 4.56 gears, 4.5" lift, 32 x 11.5 BFG A/T, skid plates under engine, trans, transfer case and fuel tank Rock guards on both diffs, Tom Woods CV drive shafts and Advance adapters slip yoke eliminator, Premier power welder / alternator, dual Optima AGM batteries, Warn winch, self built F&R steel tube bumpers (2x6) with integral hitch receivers and rock guards on both diffs, rock rails, rear quarter steel plate protectors, swing away tire rack. BeCool 3 row aluminum radiator, FlowKooler high capacity water pump. Spare computer. Manual shift toggle and lock in any gear setup for the auto tranny. Addon tranny oil cooler, power steering cooler. Remote mount dual oil filters. Selg built roof rack. CB and 10 meter radios. I think that's about it.

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 21:33

Wow, I mean Whoa, can we get a picture? I'm gettin' dizzy just thinkin' about it!

bobrok
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 21:48

'01 Cherokee, stock & standard with the exception that it is a Jeep 60th anniversary edition so they stuck on 17" wheels instead of 16's. Whoop-de-do. All black with dark tint windows. Looks cool and gives me all the ground clearance I need to get up my mountain. Love it to pieces :)

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 21:51

Quoting: bobrok
'01 Cherokee, stock & standard with the exception that it is a Jeep 60th anniversary edition so they stuck on 17" wheels instead of 16's. Whoop-de-do. All black with dark tint windows. Looks cool and gives me all the ground clearance I need to get up my mountain. Love it to pieces :)

What kind of tires do you have on it?

bobrok
# Posted: 12 Sep 2011 22:07

I just went and checked. Ok i am a liar. I have 16's not 17's. General Grabbers 225-70-R16.
Sorry about that Borrego :(

Ann
# Posted: 19 Sep 2011 14:43

I have a '99 Wrangler. 103,000 miles. My main "modifications" have been fixing the transmission, adding Goodrich AT All-Terrain tires and fixing rust and balky window and tailgate hinges. I need the higher clearance vs a car for accessing my steep and often rutted shale lane. Also I need it for doing hiking trail maintenance.

Now it is doing a weird thing: airbag and check engine lights come on periodically, and the odometer reading is replaced with the message, no bus. Apparently it's an electronic problem but I hate to think of what it will cost to fix; my "discretionary" funds are tied up in cabin projects at the moment.

smitty
# Posted: 19 Sep 2011 15:30

Ann... It sounds like the common connector issue a lot of guys have. I haven't had the issue but I have talked to others who have, and it turned out to be a connector behind the dash. They pulled it, cleaned it, and made sure it had good contact, and the problem went away.
Free fix if you got the tools to DIY.

steveqvs
# Posted: 29 Sep 2011 09:59 - Edited by: steveqvs

My current jeep wrangler. Took this picture last week with my cellphone at a friends house.
Out standing in the field
Out standing in the field

dfosson
# Posted: 18 Nov 2011 20:49

My son's 2008 Rubicon. Found it at a dealer in Cincinnati. Only 4,000 miles on it and fully loaded with both tops.
Brandon's Jeep
Brandon's Jeep

dfosson
# Posted: 18 Nov 2011 20:55

This is my 1995 Barbie Jeep.
1995 Wrangler
1995 Wrangler

MtnDon
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 20:20

photos... I don't have many of the Jeep just sitting around.
in our trees, loading slash on trailer
in our trees, loading slash on trailer
utah, hotel rock trail
utah, hotel rock trail
more
more
more
more

Bevis
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 21:38 - Edited by: Bevis

Tellico

SW Fl Swamps

A little oops at Tellico

Borrego
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 21:44

You guys are crazy - I love it!

MtnDon
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 21:44

Don't like those kind of oopses. Been close a few times in 35 years, once very close but opening the door and leaning out made it stop, but so far so good.

Tipping over in a Cherokee would likely result in more damage.

Bevis
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 22:06

I've had a complete roll over, and a end over once. I agree Don, in a wagon there would be more damage.

Borrego
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 22:08

Come on down to SoCal. We'll go on some trails (and then you guys can help me finish off my cabin.... ;-)

Borrego
# Posted: 21 Nov 2011 22:10

Here's a thread from the local Jeep forum: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/devils-drop-off-1288922/
Devil's Drop-off and Heart Attack Hill are legends.................

Bevis
# Posted: 22 Nov 2011 13:48

Borrego I've been on some SoCal trails with a buddy that lives there. I still want to get out to Moab though.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Nov 2011 14:14

Bevis,

You're crazy! A dare-devil huh? You better bring your co-workers along with you on these wild rides...I'm thinking you may need them someday!!!!

MtnDon,

Never pegged you for that kind of guy...stay safe, I may need your building advice again :)

MtnDon
# Posted: 22 Nov 2011 16:10 - Edited by: MtnDon

Quoting: trollbridge
MtnDon,

Never pegged you for that kind of guy...stay safe,

Tks. I try to stay safe.

Here's the CJ5 I had for years before the Cherokee. 4.2 engine, Clifford MPI EFI, RV cam, header, T-14 w/ granny low, Dana 20 T-case from Scout II, ARB F&R (first ARB Dana 30 locker in the USA), 33x12.5R15, Recaro seats and shoulder harness, swing away tire rack and bumpers (home made), Warn 9000 winch
rocks near home
rocks near home
more rocks near home
more rocks near home
shiny on the driveway
shiny on the driveway
Hotel rock UT, same place as some Cherokee pictures, but years before. March so the roof and sides a
Hotel rock UT, same place as some Cherokee pictures, but years before. March so the roof and sides a

Bevis
# Posted: 23 Nov 2011 11:35

Quoting: trollbridge
Bevis,

You're crazy! A dare-devil huh?

Yes my jeep is "Fool Injected" I keep my own med bag, lucky i've never used it on my self, but for others alot.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 15:17

Here is our mountain crawler. We keep it in a locker south of town.
Jeep__01.jpg
Jeep__01.jpg

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 16:07

Quoting: wakeslayer
Here is our mountain crawler. We keep it in a locker south of town.

nice jeep---

all i got is a vintage JAP jeep aka Toyota landcruiser.... :-)

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.