Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Jeeps
<< . 1 . 2 .
wakeslayer
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 16:11

Very nice !! Old Landcruisers are awesome.

TomChum
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 16:55 - Edited by: TomChum

Quoting: turkeyhunter
landcruiser w/ grandson and my bulldog

Cool pic. I'd like to have an FJ-40 and that looks like a nice one!

PS Which one is the bulldog? ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 17:11 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

thanks--

TomChum
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 17:37 - Edited by: TomChum

OK I see.......actually I meant of all 3... :-))
============
.....Grandson and a dog in open-top jeep, life is good!

Borrego
# Posted: 4 Jan 2012 21:40

Nice!!!!!

TomChum
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 00:25

I'd like an FJ40 over a CJ5. But lately I've been looking for a ~'50-'63 Willys Wagon with a modern drivetrain. Anyone have experience with that setup?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 08:06 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: TomChum
I'd like an FJ40 over a CJ5. But lately I've been looking for a ~'50-'63 Willys Wagon with a modern drivetrain. Anyone have experience with that setup?

i have saw those as well.They look really cool as well. My FJ40 is 1974 and about 95% original, With the expection of header's and shop made front and rear bumpers, i had to pay a small mint to find hubcaps not new ones from a guy in Idaho. i like the old school look. When ever i drive it ( which is a lot in the spring /summer/fall) someone always makes a coment about how they like it.

cabinbiscuits
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 09:15

Quoting: Bevis
"Fool Injected"

That's awesome, I can relate to that. No guts no glory!!!!

cabinbiscuits
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 09:46

This is our camp Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ. It has about 190,000K miles ( the last 3 or so of which have been the most traumatic of its' life). Right after buying it I had to swap out the 5.2L V8 with one that I bought off of Craigslist from a newer wrecked Dodge Dakota. In addition to the newer engine, it has a Lincoln Locker in the rear, 31 inch mud tires, 2 1/4" coil spring spacers in the front and rear, custom fabricated tail light lenses, and an automatic-automatic transmission fluid changing system (meaning if you don't park it facing downhill, fluid will leak out of the worn out transmission tail shaft seal).

Future upgrades include steel bumpers in the front and rear with two inch receiver mounts for a removable winch on both the front and rear bumpers, a steel roof rack, and a couple of much needed repairs the next time we trailer it home.
100_0348.jpg
100_0348.jpg

MtnDon
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 10:20

many pavement miles on that lincoln??

cabinbiscuits
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 12:32

Exactly 0 miles on the Lincoln. The Jeep never leaves camp except on a trailer to bring it home for repairs. It would be horrible on the street that way.

MtnDon
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 14:23

I have a friend who runs a spool in the 9" rear of his Bronco (the original little Bronco) and it does a lot of chirping around corners.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 11:57

'62 Willys Truck
willyspickupsmallere.jpg
willyspickupsmallere.jpg

wakeslayer
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 12:31 - Edited by: wakeslayer

Sweet !

Idaho plates even !!

MtnDon
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 12:43

Old Willys are pretty cool.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.