Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / my world
. 1 . 2 . >>
ErinsMom
# Posted: 15 Dec 2011 20:51

a few photos of my world.... I have no photos of me. Will try to post one later.
My daughter and husband before drugs took over our lives
My daughter and husband before drugs took over our lives
Bella
Bella
Holly
Holly
Precious
Precious

naturelover66
# Posted: 15 Dec 2011 22:56

You have a beautiful family...you are a lucky lady.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 16 Dec 2011 10:03

great pic's!!!!! Go VOLS!!!!!!

TomChum
# Posted: 16 Dec 2011 12:31

That breaks my heart and I wish you the best. Keep your head up, you can only do what you can. Remember that enjoying your life is something that you need, and she does too. You need to be 'seen' enjoying life to provide that important example to your daughter (for that moment when she is receptive). Sorry I wish I had more to offer, this is all I can think of.

Bevis
# Posted: 16 Dec 2011 13:08

great pics, but that gawddy (sp?) orange...RTR.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 18:24

Daughter in psych hospital with suicidal thoughts since saturday. She had found a new box of checks delivered to home and forged my name to over $800.00 worth of checks. This money was used to buy drugs.
I have not been allowed to see or talk to her. Will see on Wednesday.
My husband had to take the day off, cancel checking acct. and talked to police. She may face many years in prison while the person who sold her drugs and helped get her hooked in out of federal prison in less that a year. I want to send her to a very remote area of country to get clean and find a purpose in life.
THAT COST MONEY!!!!!
PLEASE, KEEP CHILDREN CLOSE. KNOW ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND THEIR FAMILIES. IF SO, YOU MAY GET LUCKY AND YOUR CHILD WILL COME TO NO HARM....

CB,
This is the end of my rampage,..
God Bless each of you, your children and grandchildren!

naturelover66
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:12

Hey Erinsmom...... I'm so sorry for you and your daughter. Is there a social worker at the hosp. You can talk to regarding rehab and which facility they feel is best for her.? My old boss who lost his business, family and everything dear to him went to 8 different rehab facilities before getting clean... Now four years. Some ins. Policies will cover rehab too...
Best wishes to you and your family..

happy to be here
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:34

Quoting: ErinsMom
PLEASE, KEEP CHILDREN CLOSE. KNOW ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND THEIR FAMILIES. IF SO, YOU MAY GET LUCKY AND YOUR CHILD WILL COME TO NO HARM....

Dear ErinsMom, my heart is with you and yours. We must keep ALL children close, they belong to all of us. Not always, but quite often it's the children NOBODY cares about who grow up to sell drugs, rob or worse. When a child is vulnerable where will they go, or what will they do when left to their own devices to survive? ALL children need to know they are loved, respected and protected. If you've got your child in three extra-curricular activites a week, try to compromise and provide an opportunity for a child who is less fortunate. Keep them off the streets. We owe them that much.

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:45

ErinsMom...hugs go out to you from me. I hope that you are taking care of yourself. So sorry you have to go through this.

hattie
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 22:56

Sending {{GIANT HUGS}} to you ErinsMom...I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!! Make sure you look after yourself!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 31 Jan 2012 09:33

I am sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope she will sort this out and move on to be a loving, productive adult.
I pulled this crap on my parents as a teenager. It took some scary events, but I got clean and stayed clean. Been 24 years now.

I wish that for you.

Montanan
# Posted: 31 Jan 2012 12:46

So sorry to hear this. :( I hope you are able to find a good treatment center for her and that she will be ready to accept help. And Hattie is right- be sure to take care of yourself too. Hang in there.

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 05:54 - Edited by: cabingal3

dear Erins mom.i am sorry.u know gal,i tell u-there just comes a time when-an old person such as all of us just dont have it in them to care anymore.
i am about there right now with my daughter.i wish her well.
"just go on already.try to be normal and do normal things.just leave us alone for a while"...so we ourselves can live a few good years that we have left...this is my message to my daughter.
The thing is...when u are loving and protecting your child-
life happens.its there choices,and we run to protect them.
i feel for u and i know how it feels to go thru all of this.we went thru 14 pregnancies,5 years of deep drug doings,5 years of heavy gambling-her lying to me every second about her monies and her where abouts- and ten years of her being in domestic violence...where i was on call to drive miles away to save her..she could never save herself and get out.nope.that would be too simple. and now this girl of mine.this woman...comes for an over nite visit and it turns into over a year now...and brings her children.two boys.she is dirty,mouthy,disrespectful to all.and abusive.i can not do anything to help her anymore.i am spent.so u be sure to take care of u.realize she is doing this stuff and it is not your fault.we had our girl in rehab many a time.she does not do drugs anymore but whatever she does...we will all be drug down into whatever it is..deep and dirty and more than we ever wanted to do.all we want to do is go to the woods.u take care.hugs and prayers to u and your family.

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 16:40

Quoting: cabingal3
dear Erins mom.i am sorry.u know gal,i tell u-there just comes a time when-an old person such as all of us just dont have it in them to care anymore.
i am about there right now with my daughter.i wish her well.
"just go on already.try to be normal and do normal things.just leave us alone for a while"...so we ourselves can live a few good years that we have left...this is my message to my daughter.
The thing is...when u are loving and protecting your child-
life happens.its there choices,and we run to protect them.
i feel for u and i know how it feels to go thru all of this.we went thru 14 pregnancies,5 years of deep drug doings,5 years of heavy gambling-her lying to me every second about her monies and her where abouts- and ten years of her being in domestic violence...where i was on call to drive miles away to save her..she could never save herself and get out.nope.that would be too simple. and now this girl of mine.this woman...comes for an over nite visit and it turns into over a year now...and brings her children.two boys.she is dirty,mouthy,disrespectful to all.and abusive.i can not do anything to help her anymore.i am spent.so u be sure to take care of u.realize she is doing this stuff and it is not your fault.we had our girl in rehab many a time.she does not do drugs anymore but whatever she does...we will all be drug down into whatever it is..deep and dirty and more than we ever wanted to do.all we want to do is go to the woods.u take care.hugs and prayers to u and your family.

Breaks my heart parents have to go through this...I hope I never have to. I imagine this post will bring much comfort to ErinsMom...as she will realize that she is not alone and that she did nothing wrong to cause the problems her daughter has. We raise them to be happy, responsible, productive adults but it is ultimately up to them to make the correct choices in life. Don't ever give up hope that either of your daughters will "straighten out" but do step back and distance yourself for your own sanity and please, please don't forget to take care of yourselves and your husbands first!

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Feb 2012 12:08

Quoting: trollbridge
Don't ever give up hope that either of your daughters will "straighten out" but do step back and distance yourself for your own sanity and please, please don't forget to take care of yourselves and your husbands first!

thank u trollbridge.this was my exact intent.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 20:45

cabingal3, trollbridge and hattie,
I sit here with tears streaming down my face and thank God for CabinAdmin and you girls. I picked Erin up from a five day detox yesterday. They had RUN OUT OF BEDS.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 20:52

Sorry (hit the wrong button). She is on a waiting list for 30 day program but there is a long wait. I fear the worst.
I know I have done my best but it's so hard to see all your dreams and hopes for the future go up in smoke. I picked her upyesterday and realized that my few days of peace were up.
So for the cabin, my hidden cash is almost gone. I have come to realize, I must live through all of you. But, last Tuesday while Erin was in DETOX, I went to auction. I bought a leaded glass window. I may never do anything with it but it give me hope.
God bless each of you.

hattie
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 23:19

ErinsMom: Good for you getting out and buying something nice, that you wanted for YOU!!! That is so important right now. I know you want to help your daughter, but you can't help her if you don't look after yourself. Hide the window somewhere safe and hide anything else of value you have as well, so your daughter doesn't get ideas to sell any of it. You are in my prayers and I really hope they can find a place for her in a program very soon. {{hugs}}

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Feb 2012 08:45

erinsmom---you and your family are in my daily prayers, i have 3 new windows---i would be glad to give you to go with the one you just bought for your cabin---2 are the half moon windows ( wood frames) that go in the gable peak-- and the other one is encasement window that rolls out ( wooden frame with one glass that rolls out verticle) they are your yours and i might even get one of my TN hunting buddies to deliver them close by for ya come spring.!!!!
Don't give up on your dreams!!!!!!! we need to have a cabin raising in TN!!!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Feb 2012 11:26

I bought a leaded glass window. I may never do anything with it but it give me hope.

this is what u need to do even if it is in little spurts dear one.it keeps hope alive.we have my daughter here and my precious baby dolly grandsons...we should have alot of extra monies each month.nope.they need this or that.and me and the mister usually have a small heat bill.oh my.300$ this month.for us this is alot.but my sister sent me some money and guess what ErinsMom...i ran as fast as i could before any body told me they needed something and bought 3 bundles of shakes for my kitchen .come spring we wil be putting these cedar shakes on.maybe we wont have enough to cover the whole outside of the kitchen but...we are slowly working toward our dream.and u did wonderful to do what u did.it just keeps u alive.

naturelover66
# Posted: 4 Feb 2012 13:40

Turkeyhunter __ youre a good man.

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 13:20 - Edited by: trollbridge

So for the cabin, my hidden cash is almost gone.

ErinsMom...ok...remember:when the going gets tough, the tough get going and that is exactly what you are going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if you build an 8x8 yard shed and stick your gorgeous leaded glass window in it...at least you will have your cabin. Ours was only 8x12 to start with don't forget. Then as time and money allows you can add another 8x8 or whatever you want!!!!! You can keep adding until you have the perfect size to meet your needs and desires.

I think you will benefit from getting started...it will be way better than watching the rest of us-trust me! It will give you something else to focus your thoughts and energy on besides your daughter and her troubles. It isn't selfish, it is therapeutic!!!!! And an 8x8 can be built with very little cost too.

We all want to see you do this and you will be amazed at how it empowers you!!!!!!!! Please just GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you...and whatever you do...keep your daughter away from your sacred get-away!!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 13:21

Quoting: naturelover66
Turkeyhunter __ youre a good man

very true naturelover!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 22:42

trollbridge.u have the right spirit of this.We first got our land and we clipped weeds in an area where we wanted to one day put our cabin.then we got some treated beams and set them down in that same spot.then we went home.next time we went out there-we had wooden windows we got free from a yard sale.each time we went out and improved somethng.our main cabin is only ten by twelve but now we added a kitchen.next a living room.u can do so much pre work to make u have the feel of going somewhere into not just a dream but a reality.we have been thru so much horrid since we bought that land.its our out.go to the woods.do something.good thoughts there trollbridge.

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 23:15

Thanks cabingal3...

I guess I can only sit back for so long before I would personally need to get up and do something positive to help myself...but I am not in the same boat as you or ErinsMom so I am sure there is plenty I don't understand and the last thing I would want to do is make her feel bad. We are all so different in how we handle what is thrown at us in life.

I do feel strongly that ErinsMom will never regret starting her cabin build...but could very likely regret never realizing her dream of building her cabin. I just hate to see her give up. I want to help her fight and gain strength from a bad situation. I want to prop her up and give her the pep talk she needs to do it...you are living proof of how it can benefit her too!!!! I so badly want to see her succeed and find happiness and tranquility at her own little place. We all need a place of solitude and that would be hers!!!

ErinsMom please don't take offense to my pushing you...my intentions are good...I just want to see you in a happier place!

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Feb 2012 12:12

Quoting: trollbridge
I do feel strongly that ErinsMom will never regret starting her cabin build

i completely agree so much with u dearest trollbridge.100%.we have to live too.we are someone.its our lives too.not just all about the kids.they arent kids.they are grown up people.i think alot of kids from our society and our higher ways of living and having things just dont know how spoilt they are.I never did drugs or broke laws cause i was so scared of my father.how he treated us,i could well imagen then how law enforcement would treat us.that kept me on the straight line and that ws in the 60's.
i will tell u all something.I have kicked my daughter out.and the boys.it killed my heart.she screams they are my kids but leaves me with them day and nite.so now...yes dearest daughter .they are yours.she would b.and moan about how we are clean freaks.well dear daughter.go run your own household.i was not seeing her looking for a place for them to live.i was seeing her not moving forward and she is getting thousands of dollars from the irs.i could see her frittering this money away on nothing/out u go dearest love.so now...she is angry.my sister says...as long as they are concentrating on what they need to do,they will not concentrate on u .so i keep saying this to myself.
i agree with u trollbridge.i say build tht cabin.i do understand ErinsMom...sometimes u are insane from worrying to death about your child,even if grown.u try to make them do right,capture them and guard them.hoping and hoping this will help.in the end.they are who they are.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 8 Feb 2012 18:15

I must thank you all. The support you have given me warms my heart. God knows good people love cabins and sent me here for a reason.
cabingal3,
you, your beloved and grandchildren will be in my prayers tonight.
turkeyhunter,
I would be ever so grateful for the windows if we could work it out.

God bless you all.

cabingal3
# Posted: 9 Feb 2012 06:38

cabingal3,
you, your beloved and grandchildren will be in my prayers tonight.

thank u ErinsMom,its tuff no doubt.give ur self some breaks along the way.hugs cabby

tnky03@gmail.co m
# Posted: 9 Feb 2012 22:41

ErinsMom, I am new to the site but when I first read your story it touched my heart... and a nerve. I have walked the same road with my daughter and it can be a difficult trip. Each situation has it's different aspects and there are always hard choices. I pray for you and your family. It is hard enough watching our kids suffer but I think even harder watching their kids hurt. I hope you have a special cabin for your beautiful window soon. If you are anywhere near KY and there ends up being a "cabin raising" at your place, count me and my hubby in, we'd love to help. Like everyone else said, remember to take care of you.

Montanan
# Posted: 10 Feb 2012 13:15

I can't add much but wanted to say that you are both in my thoughts, erinsmom and cabingal. May you find peace soon.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.