Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / More framing ?’s
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
WILL1E
# Posted: 29 Oct 2021 12:50 - Edited by: WILL1E

Quoting: Tim_Ohio
I did drywall on the inside over rock wool/mineral wool insulation in the walls with no vapor barrier and on the ceiling with fiberglass under a paper vapor barrier.

Any reason why you did glass in the ceiling but wool in the walls or was it purely because you couldn't get it in a faced format?

Tim_Ohio
# Posted: 29 Oct 2021 13:29

Quoting: WILL1E
Any reason why you did glass in the ceiling but wool in the walls or was it purely because you couldn't get it in a faced format?

I couldn't find it with the vapor barrier attached or thin enough. Menard's is on my route to the cabin, so I stopped for all of my materials on my trips. Well, almost all of my materials. I spent a lot of years buying used stuff off of CL and storing it. Unfortunately, there were no good insulation deals.

I tried hard to build a KISS cabin. I stepped back a lot of times and told myself, "self, this is a cabin not a home". Although, part of my motivation was to build something I might live in if I faced a second divorce. So far, that hasn't been a concern.

Tim_Ohio

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.