Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / picking a generator.
<< . 1 . 2 .
gcrank1
# Posted: 10 Jan 2021 18:56 - Edited by: gcrank1

My gen experience, and knowledge, is admittedly limited to pretty much some use and more recently the stuff Ive been reading online regarding off-grid cabins. That experience side went back to some use of the old green, noisy Coleman utility gen's and then the typical newer versions we see everywhere for decades.
However they make that 120vac (or more) at the plugs my understanding has been that it 'isnt clean' and some devices dont like it. The same is said about msw inverters. I kinda put the two together in my head....
Then I started seeing mentioned the little Honda 'Inv/Gen' that puts out psw. I dont ever recall seeing ref to an inv/gen before and when I looked into them (and now made by more than Honda) when they are called an inv/gen they specify 'psw'; guess I figured that all went together. I dont recall ever reading about an 'inv/gen' that hasnt been said to be psw???
I do know that a psw inv/gen will run everything within the limits of its output and that is a good thing.
As always, the devil is in the details; maybe I should keep my detailing to polishing my motorcycle.

offgrididaho
# Posted: 10 Jan 2021 19:26

Since this is cabin forum, maybe your generator won't be that close and the whisper quiet part of the Honda EU's might not be required. In which case you can spend less $$ and get more wattage from Honda EG2800i... we love ours, good power, runs our large inverter charger (which does have a minimum draw so would have overwhelmed EU2200i), Honda reliability, open frame so maintenance is actually a little easier than the encased EU's. We love our EU1000i in our camper van but that's a different set of needs.

SCSJeff
# Posted: 10 Jan 2021 21:11 - Edited by: SCSJeff

Inverter Generators vs Conventional Generators

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.