Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Chevy Volt Batteries Ruined
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
rachelsdad
# Posted: 20 Jan 2023 14:22

I had a feeling mine were ruined by discharge as well. Thank you so much for the follow up.

I will add the other two cells to the 4 I have....from what I was told when I do add, I should wait a few days for all to charge "alike" prior to adding the balancer/BMS.

My current harness can accomodate 6

Nobadays
# Posted: 20 Jan 2023 16:00

Quoting: rachelsdad
Thank you so much for the follow up.

Glad you saw this!

You probably know this but...

You will want to put a VOM on your current modules and the ones you will add to make sure the voltage is as close to the same as you can. Within one decimal point at least, preferably two. I had breakers on every module so i was able to charge them individually as needed to insure they were the same. You can do the same thing by physically hooking/unhooking them if you don't have breakers on them.

Another option is to float your current modules and unhook them. Then hook up one or both (if they are at the same voltage) and bring them to float... then hook your other ones back up.

Yes I would suggest letting the full set go through a few charge/discharge cycles before plugging the balancer in.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.