Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / LP heat indoors
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
gcrank1
# Posted: 28 Oct 2023 22:40

I have taken to turning the valve on using the grab the knob and twist/1 thousand 1, regrab/twist/1 thousand 2, etc.
This with what it is attached to OFF.
With the tank valve open I let it all sit for about 30sec before slowly opening whatever; ie, a grill burner, to light.
I dont have a gen for LP (yet).

paulz
# Posted: 29 Oct 2023 13:54

Well I got all 4 tanks to run the genny, last two today. When I loosened the bleed screw on those, a mixed combo of LP gas and liquid came out under pressure. After that subsided they worked,

Did the liquid stop the valves? I don’t really know how that all works, but all working now. Thanks for the help guys.

Brettny
# Posted: 30 Oct 2023 06:55

How old are the tanks? I noticed some of mine that didnt get filled up all the way. I marked them and 2x of not getting filled to full and I exchange them for a new tank.

paulz
# Posted: 30 Oct 2023 09:55 - Edited by: paulz

No idea on age Brett, old.. I have about a dozen tanks, all came to me used. I drag them to the city house as they empty out and they sit there waiting for refill. At the cabin one for bbq, one for generator, one for cooktop and water heater.

I have been debating on refill prices. The Ace Hardware sells full exchange tanks for about $22 I think. This time I had my old ones filled at the gas station, $4 a gallon. Guess it’s about a wash. Maybe the exchange tanks get tested?

gcrank1
# Posted: 30 Oct 2023 10:20

Ime here they Dont fully fill the 'exchange tanks' (its a racket!).
The refill with the bleed screw gets you a full fill. Yes, you pay for the full amount of LP but thats better than paying the full exchange price and being a gal. short.

paulz
# Posted: 4 Feb 2024 11:31

Quoting: paulz
Probably old news to most of you but in my quest to cut down on battery usage I just rediscovered this propane powered bread toaster I had lying around. Big saving over the high watt electric toaster. Holds 4 slices.

Found another use for this thing.
IMG_2136.jpeg
IMG_2136.jpeg

darz5150
# Posted: 4 Feb 2024 12:30

Brilliant. Lol
Cooking with Paul
Cooking with Paul

paulz
# Posted: 4 Feb 2024 13:26 - Edited by: paulz

That's me, Chef Nobodee. Been too wet to cook outside, and still breaking in the new skillet. Actually a pretty decent weenie roaster. On a stick over the wood stove works too, but more hands on.

gcrank1
# Posted: 4 Feb 2024 15:41

Yeah, skillet browned 'dogs are a fav of mine if a bbq isn't around, the bacon press can keep em flat.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.