Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / nature photography
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
avan
# Posted: 12 Nov 2011 22:53

Thanks Hattie. Photographing our stream this automn, my camera fall on the water, try to find a new one.

Hick
# Posted: 17 Nov 2011 22:36

Some picture my wife took. I thought I would share them with everyone. The picture of the chipmunk is from the last time my wife and I were at the cabin. The picture of the pond was last summer.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Pond
Pond

dstraate
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 16:26

We had one heck of a dump at the cabin this weekend. 14 inches of snow (the nearby ski hill caught 50" no lie. It was absurd)

A couple of photos of nature doing her best.
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00343.JPG
DSC00343.JPG
DSC00339.JPG
DSC00339.JPG

Hick
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 20:56

dstraate,

I have to ask.....Where is your cabin? How far away from your cabin is the ski hill?

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 21:08

Wow-beautiful! We got a little bit of snow from your system but you were lucky to get 14" I can't even imagine 50" at one time, but I sure would LOVE to experience it!!!!

dstraate
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 11:12

Southern Colorado. Just about an hour from the ski hill.

avan
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 23:04

Some after a snow storm
aftersnowstorm1.j.jpg
aftersnowstorm1.j.jpg
aftersnowstorm2.j.jpg
aftersnowstorm2.j.jpg

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 10:06

AMAZING snow pictures!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 10:11

very nice pic's!!!!!

hattie
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 12:10

I always look forward to avan's photographs. So much talent!!!!

avan
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 12:16

Thanks a lot

customrunner
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 19:04 - Edited by: customrunner

here u go
cabin_started_003.JP.jpg
cabin_started_003.JP.jpg

Hick
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 22:10

Eagle is from last year. The Prong horns I saw on the way back from doing a home inspection last week.
Eagle
Eagle
Prong horns
Prong horns

neb
# Posted: 31 Dec 2011 19:29

I get to the shack all the time but thought I would take a few pictures today. I took a walk instead of doing some hunting.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 31 Dec 2011 20:28

neb---no snow in the dakota's???? GREAT pic's!!!!
will head that way in april............saw any turkeys larley????

neb
# Posted: 31 Dec 2011 22:06 - Edited by: neb

Not a flake. The Good Lord is taking care of us here this year. After 3 of the most miserable winter on record I hope this one has a good ending.

No turks that I have seen but hear them once and a while. My son had 75 to 100 on game cams many times last fall. His place is 3 mile down river.

I'm looking at some land in MT close to where I live that is on the Yellowstone but is land locked but can reach it by boat. Not sure if it would be a good thing. The one thing it is isolated and is protected by a ranch. The boat ride would be about 1000 ft to reach it. The turkeys are thick on that piece of land. I hunted two years ago and we would have 100 to 125 turkeys come by us as they head to a ranch yard for food. This was in Dec. I never took a turkey just had jakes and hens never had a good shot at a tom.

neb
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 18:35

Went to the shack today and took a walk. A day in paradise for me.

Just
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 19:47

not much snow in your country ether .have not had to get the tractor out yet in my part of ontario .great pics neb

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 21:24 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

hey Neb----cool pic's find any sheds???? too early???

neb
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 21:43

Just

No and I am glad for a good winter so far I just hope it ends good.

turkeyhunter

No I didn't find any but did go to a few spots to look. I did find a nice buck that had died from blue tongue still in velvet. This winter has been kind to the wildlife which has been a blessing for us. Turkey's should come through fine.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 21:55

Quoting: neb
I did find a nice buck that had died from blue tongue still in velvet.

thats a shame.....did you save the skull????

Quoting: neb
Turkey's should come through fine.

talked to my friend at the reservation in SD this week, said he saw a flock of turkeys last week that had over 400 turkeys in it.---he said it was beautiful seeing the wave of birds walking across a field in the snow.

neb
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 22:04 - Edited by: neb

Yep, and very sad when I see that kind of thing but it is what it is.

Now that is a lot of turkeys. There must be very little snow there also.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 11:20

Interesting story here- my neighbor at the cabin noticed an owl flopping around on the beach. Upon close inspection he could see the owl's feet were tangled in fishing line. He called the Fish and Game Department who told him they were busy with other things so he put on his welding gloves and worked to free the bird. He took it to his shop and after freeing it, gave it some fresh trout to eat. The owl hung around for a day and then was off. Beautiful bird.
OWL_029.JPG
OWL_029.JPG
OWL_033.JPG
OWL_033.JPG

Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 11:27

Another story from the cabin . . . this poor moose, got his antlers tangled in someone's volleyball net! He was so strong he pulled the pole and concrete base up! Fish and Game came out and were able to tranquilize him and cut him loose. Poor moose! -- Brave Game and Fish folk!
moose_with_net.jpg
moose_with_net.jpg

dstraate
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 12:56

Wow, heartwarming stuff to see people working so hard to help out animals. Glad to see each of them get the same treatment my dog would expect (and she expects a lot).

neb
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 21:25

A frosty morning.

lookoutman7
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 17:18 - Edited by: lookoutman7

Concerning the nature photography, please feel free to check out my photography page at the following. Page two has photos of the 'Lookouts' we rent. (Enjoy!)

URL
DSC03542.JPG
DSC03542.JPG

neb
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 20:20

lookoutman7
VERY NICE

neb
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 19:26

Took a walk today it was 77 degrees started a 8:00 and got back at 4:00

avan
# Posted: 19 Mar 2012 19:43

Quoting: lookoutman7
Concerning the nature photography, please feel free to check out my photography page at the following. Page two has photos of the 'Lookouts' we rent. (Enjoy!)

Very nice site and sight. I like a lot your photographic page, very nice HDR pictures

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.