Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Finally Starting on Small Cabin
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
RnR
# Posted: 6 Aug 2010 13:37

Very cool! looking forward to more pics.

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 3 Oct 2010 18:57

Some more updated pictures
Starting_to_put_up_T.jpg
Starting_to_put_up_T.jpg
Platform_for_the_sta.jpg
Platform_for_the_sta.jpg
My_Dog_helping.jpg
My_Dog_helping.jpg
Insulation_board_up_.jpg
Insulation_board_up_.jpg

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 3 Oct 2010 18:58

More pictures
Dog_guarding_the_lum.jpg
Dog_guarding_the_lum.jpg
Close_up_of_TG.jpg
Close_up_of_TG.jpg
TG_done_on_loft_wal.jpg
TG_done_on_loft_wal.jpg

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 3 Oct 2010 19:01

I'm getting real close to being able to move in. My brother has to finish off some electrical work, and I need to finish the ceiling and the plumbing. Then I can put down floors and move in. I will finish all the T&G pine once I live in the cabin due to the cost of the Pine. Thats why I went ahead and put up mostly drywall at first, So i can get it in it and work on the pine board as I live in it. But it is coming along. I finally broke down and bought a Miter Saw and it has helped a lot. My arm was getting tired from using the circular saw and jig saw for EVERYTHING!!! Happy Cabin Building to ALL!!! I am having a BLAST!

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 9 Oct 2010 02:54

Worked on putting tin on the ceiling today.
tin.jpg
tin.jpg
tin_2.jpg
tin_2.jpg

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 20 Jan 2011 00:14

Finishing up the kitchen
CIMG0106.JPG
CIMG0106.JPG
CIMG0107.JPG
CIMG0107.JPG

Timberjack
# Posted: 20 Jan 2011 06:52

Like that cedar!

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 22 Jan 2011 21:07

Completed some detail work this week. Trimmed out the loft window, installed the backsplash, finished the T&G Pine in the loft, and did some much needed cleaning.
DSC00646.JPG
DSC00646.JPG
DSC00650.JPG
DSC00650.JPG
DSC00652.JPG
DSC00652.JPG
DSC00653.JPG
DSC00653.JPG

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 25 Jan 2011 22:24

Pictures of the loft
DSC00644.JPG
DSC00644.JPG
DSC00657.JPG
DSC00657.JPG
DSC00658.JPG
DSC00658.JPG

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 27 Mar 2011 22:32

Got my countertop on my island finished. I decided to go with a maple hardwood flooring that I will seal. I made sure I chose a wood that would seal together well and the seam would secure tightly. I wanted to do something different than just tile, or marble, but would look sharp. So that is what I went with. I think it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you guys think.
counter_top.jpg
counter_top.jpg
counter_up_close.jpg
counter_up_close.jpg

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 03:56

Spending the night at my cabin and made some good progress today. Got the built in shelves in the bathroom done. Now time for sleep. U will post more pictures once I get back to civilization.

hattie
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 11:50

Very pretty countertop SmlTxCabin. Nicely done.

cabingal3
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 14:23

very very nice.good job all the way !!

Gary O
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 15:59

Quoting: SmlTxCabin
Let me know what you guys think.

Can't go too wrong with wood in a cabin.
Good show kiddo
Great progress!

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 19:32

Thanks Gary. Putting down floors in my bathroom and living area now. Wish me luck.

naturelover66
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 19:43

Looks Great SmlTxCabin !!! Great job !!!

Gary O
# Posted: 30 Mar 2011 21:50 - Edited by: Gary O

Quoting: SmlTxCabin
Wish me luck

Looks like yer makin' yer own luck.
People that build sweat equity seem to be the luckiest.....
Keep that camera handy for the rest periods.
In reading your posts, I don't need to tell you to enjoy it all.
And, if yer still pullin' graveyard, you've got them long weekends.

Happy trails

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 31 Mar 2011 17:38

I got the bathroom floors in and the built in cabinet in the bathroom here are some new pictures.
Bathroom_Floor.jpg
Bathroom_Floor.jpg
Built_in_bathroom_ca.jpg
Built_in_bathroom_ca.jpg
From_the_front.jpg
From_the_front.jpg

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 19:58

SmlTxCabin,
Looks amazing. Do you hire out?

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 22:27

LOL thank you. Im really enjoying this. Ive learned a ton. The bathroom floor was trickier than I thought it would be. Im hoping the different brand I got for the living area is easier to lay...

bushbunkie
# Posted: 3 Apr 2011 11:50

Continues to look great....your steps (years) ahead of my next project...nice to build "vicariously" through someone else ! :)
Lookin' good!

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 10:08

new pics of the place
living_room.jpg
living_room.jpg
living_room_2.jpg
living_room_2.jpg
loft.jpg
loft.jpg
table.jpg
table.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 11:56

Very nice job! Everything looks great...can't wait til we are finishing up the inside of our cabin, then we'll finally get to see all our ideas come together! Enjoy your wonderful place!

hattie
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 18:10 - Edited by: hattie

SmlTxCabin - Your place looks so welcoming and cozy! Beautiful!!

Anonymous
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 19:00

It looks amazing. As hattie said "welcoming and cozy". Great work!

Montanan
# Posted: 28 Aug 2011 19:09

Wow- that looks great! I love the color in the kitchen and how efficiently you have used the space.

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 30 Nov 2011 16:25

So I have had some interesting goings on since my last update. My family gave me a few acres on land that has been in the family since before the civil war and I opted to get rid of the land I purchased and move my cabin to the family land and nestle it into the woods like I originally wanted to. It cost $925 to move and set up the cabin and I LOVED LOVED LOVED the guy that did it. He was awesome. So I now have my cabin in the woods like I've always wanted and I no longer have a land payment!!! So that is awesome. Here are a few new pictures of my place!!
The new location of my cabin
The new location of my cabin
Christmas at the Cabin
Christmas at the Cabin
Christmas in the cabin
Christmas in the cabin

dstraate
# Posted: 30 Nov 2011 17:12

I love the detail with the tin. That's a really creative sheeting idea.

Looks like the dog enjoys the spot as much as you do.

SmlTxCabin
# Posted: 30 Nov 2011 17:31

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments. This place has been such a dream come true for me. Ever since I was a kid I dreamt of having a small cabin of my own to enjoy. Now I live in a cabin that I designed and built full time and love every minute of it. I cannot tell you what an inspiration this site and so man of the people on this site have been for me. I would never have dreamt I could actually do this on my own if it had not been for the ideas, encouragement, and people on this site that had done just what I wanted to do. You are all so sweet and I thank you for all the great comments. I will post more pictures now that I am living in my place fulltime all the time and enjoying cabin life on a daily basis!! Im so excited to have my first Christmas in my cabin. Thanksgiving was so amazing. I fried a turkey on my front porch in the cool weather watching the leaves fall all around me from the trees. Its been such an incredible year!! Merry Christmas!!!

Dstraate- My dog loves loves loves the cabin. The only issue he is having now is he was hit by a truck in September and now I have to carry him up and down the stairs due to his front left leg being paralyzed : (

Hattie- Thank you!! It is very cozy. I LOVE sitting on my couch with the lights down low drinking hot chocolate with my dog curled up beside me. Its better than I could have ever imagined!!!

Montanan- I was very careful to leave the cabin feeling as open as possible. It really helps it feel larger and less claustrophobic...Everyone is always surprised at how big the cabin seems on the inside despite the fact that it is only 644 sq ft including the loft.

Thanks for all the encouragement!!

Montanan
# Posted: 1 Dec 2011 15:20

What a wonderful turn of events! Congratulations!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.