Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Island 12 x 20 cabin with loft
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
canadian girl
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 15:25

A few pics of our summer project .....
kitchen
kitchen
looking into the livingroom
looking into the livingroom
/
/

canadian girl
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 15:44

This year we added stairs to the loft, built a deck in which we plan to build onto again next year ,as well as finish the outhouse. Planning has already begun for next year We also recently bought patio stones to lay next year also. I will try to get down someday and take some more recent pictures .
spring
spring
early summer
early summer
outhouse still in the works
outhouse still in the works
a summer fire :)
a summer fire :)

Rick004
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 16:14

Congrats on the beatiful cabin !! I've been to PEI a few times !!! My sister lives by the beach in Morel which is a few kilometres from St . Petersburg ! They are selling their home a bought a few acres next door that's closer to the water !

canadian girl
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 11:54 - Edited by: canadian girl

I am excited to announce we have started this years improvements yesterday My husband was able to get a start on shingling one wall. I think it is looking very nice.We are also planning on adding a window upstairs, increasing the deck size, and continuing improving the outhouse. We have so many happy memories of spending time there the last few summers that I cannot wait until the weather is warm enough to stay again.

Just
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 12:07

The cabin looks great C.G. That should warm it up . thanks for the update .glad to here you are all well and spending time at the cabin ..

canadian girl
# Posted: 14 Apr 2013 00:40

One of my favorite things about this forum are the pictures of all your projects. I love to see your progress, ideas and changes. I do hope you feel the same as I am excited to share today's success. I cannot wait for the snow to stop, and the weather to warm up so we can start enjoying full weekends there and not just day trips. Today was window rearranging/installation day. I am so pleased with the results

canadian girl
# Posted: 14 Apr 2013 00:44

new kitchen window
new kitchen window
we relocated  the kitchen window to the loft
we relocated the kitchen window to the loft
:)
:)

trollbridge
# Posted: 14 Apr 2013 13:51

Very nice!

I know what you mean about seeing others pictures. We can all relate to the fun of seeing the progress and hearing the excitement in their words It's a good feeling knowing that others feel the same satisfaction from working hard and achieving the same goals as all the rest of us have!

I love your shake siding, it's really looking great! The loft window also looks fantastic! Nice amount of light up there I would guess. Congrats on your progress

Alaskaman
# Posted: 15 Apr 2013 19:57

Love the shingles, they look great.

exsailor
# Posted: 17 Apr 2013 09:49

That is a great picture of your summer fire! I like the spark trails left by the picture exposure. Yep, nothing like a grand white man's fire in the summer, BY the way that is the rendezvous name for a big cheery fire.

canadian girl
# Posted: 8 May 2013 13:11

Last weekend was our first overnight stay at the cabin in 2013. We are trying to find a balance between resting and enjoying the cabin , and improving it. As I stated earlier our main projects for 2013 are shingling, increasing deck size, and improving outhouse as well as picking at the landscaping . Right now my husband is focused on shingling the walls. Unfortunately my husband finds it hard to just sit and relax in the hammock while there is work to be done. I on the other hand have no problem relaxing and love the view of the trees lol
still shingling and loving how it looks so far
still shingling and loving how it looks so far
end wall facing road
end wall facing road
The inside of outhouse so far, still lots of work to be done here.
The inside of outhouse so far, still lots of work to be done here.
my hammock view :)
my hammock view :)

creeky
# Posted: 9 May 2013 17:35

that is one beautiful cabin. and I quite like your hammock view
but thx most of all for the pic of your vanity. i've been searching for one for months, all focused on a magical width (48") and when i saw yours I said, wait a minute, I have a similar cabinet. why don't I use it, 'cause that looks great.
so now I'm looking for a beautiful bowl sink.
hey. wait a minute.

Eric
# Posted: 5 Jun 2013 20:17

Hi there--your beach looks similar to ours. We've got a family cabin on Howe Bay that my grandfather bult 40 years ago--where are you all? I love the way it's all coming together!

canadian girl
# Posted: 8 Jun 2013 18:43

Hey Eric, this little Island of ours is beautiful. We were in the Souris area and Howe Bay today . Your cottage is located in Eastern Kings while ours is located in the Southern Kings area but in reality not very far apart.

hattie
# Posted: 8 Jun 2013 19:11

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Keep those pictures coming. I love the view from the hammock!

Eric
# Posted: 6 Jul 2013 21:01

Ah, Southern Kings! Our family friends Gordon and Charlene Belsher live down in Murray River somewhere--a place called Guernsey Cove, if I remember right.

I can't wait to get to the island this August. Anyway, yes, keep those pictures coming!

Wilbour
# Posted: 19 Aug 2013 12:54

Canadian Girl, you have acomplished quite a lot! We are looking at a property near the ferry terminal which does not have an outhouse. Anything we should know before one builds an outhouse on the island? How did you run your power tools?

canadian girl
# Posted: 19 Sep 2013 07:53

Quoting: Wilbour
How did you run your power tools?
In the beginning we borrowed a generator from my husband's boss and rented one from a place in Montague called "things to rent" but in the spring we decided it would be easier for us in the long run to purchase one when they went on sale at Canadian tire.

Eric I know of your friends but I have never met them . We do share lots of friends in common though.

neb
# Posted: 19 Sep 2013 08:01

Looks great and you have done a lot of work!

menihek8
# Posted: 13 Aug 2014 12:59

Very nice ...

Were you required to obtain any building permits?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.