Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Will you have a white Christmas?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 09:10

Just checked the forecast here in Wisconsin...doesn't look like we will be having a white Christmas-maybe at the cabin, but we won't be there :(

Who all is lucky???

bobrok
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 09:35

Despite the fact that I live near one of the snowiest cities in the US it is looking bleak for a white Christmas here in upstate NY also.

I saw something on the weather channel just the other day about another el-nino setting up across the states. This, they say, will result in a wetter PNW and a milder rest-of-the-country for this winter.

I say this after waking up to 1/2" of fresh snow this Sunday morning, but its heading back up to mid 40s tomorrow.

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 11:29

I also heard that. They said it is mostly just too much warm air over most the country...warm air is generally nothing to complain about during our winters, unless you want snow!!! Maybe our friends up in Canada could send some our way?

hattie
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 12:10

It's snowing here right now and, as you saw from the Merry Christmas post, we have lots on the ground. *S* One of the reasons I wanted to live here is the snow. I love a white Christmas and I love shovelling snow! *S*

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 12:17

Ahh,come on Hattie-share that white fluffy stuff with us!!! Just throw your shovel loads to the south if you could!!LOL!!

Enjoy! I'm sure we will get some after the holidays. At least we did already have some to enjoy earlier, otherwise I would really, really miss it. Last week would have really added up nicely if it had been colder-instead all rain-which just washed away the snow that was here. Boo Hoo!

customrunner
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 13:31 - Edited by: customrunner

I dont think were going to see any snow here in Maple ridge BC Canada as its like 7* but you never know.

hattie
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 19:23

Howdee customrunner - almost neighbour. *S* Before we moved here, we used to live in Anmore (Buntzen Lake area) which isn't too far from Maple Ridge.

Borrego
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 21:22

What's a White Christmas? Hehe, just kidding... but no, not in San Diego, and not in the desert. Although we did see some in the mountain passes on our last trip out. They go up to about 5000 ft, and we can usually find snow up in the mountain towns.... but I try to stay away from that white stuff, it's one of the reasons I left the East Coast...

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 21:30

nada here in the south....... :-(

Martian
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 21:50

Today it was in the upper 50's, but we are supposed to have a blizzard by Tuesday with up to 10" of snow. It'll probably be gone in a few days though.

Tom

Montanan
# Posted: 19 Dec 2011 00:24

Snowing here right now! =) Forecast is for clear skies for Christmas day here, but there will be snow until May at the cabin.

Let it snow!!

Bevis
# Posted: 19 Dec 2011 09:54

Now that would be a miracle... snow in SW FL ... LOL

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Dec 2011 11:30 - Edited by: trollbridge

Snow in south Florida is not too likely but if you go to the beaches you could pretend the sand is snow cause it certainly is white enough! I once made a snowman out of the sand while vacationing there over the Christmas break.................back in my bikini days................many,many years and children ago!!!!!!

Martian
# Posted: 19 Dec 2011 12:31

Now that's a picture we all want to see! :)

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 09:44

I dug out that picture you wanted to see. Enjoy!!!

Hee,Hee,Hee...LOL!!!
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg

Bevis
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 10:53

Quoting: trollbridge
back in my bikini days

think he meant the bikini pic...lol I'll second that.

Martian
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 10:58

Quoting: Bevis
think he meant the bikini pic...lol

You got that right.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 10:58

No...I think this is the picture he really wanted to see!!!!! LOL!

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 11:00

Awww, I can't believe I must have been mistaken! LOL!

Martian
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 11:57

TB, mistakes are made to be corrected.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 12:24

LOL.oh but Martian... not all mistakes should be corrected ;)

Martian
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 12:34

Correction is good for the soul, or was that confession?:)

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 12:46

That's confession...every third Sunday before mass I heard! Need to cleanse your soul???

Martian
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 13:04

And erase all those wonderful memories!? I'm almost to the point in life where remembering the naughty times is about as good as it gets. I thank God there is such an extensive library and that I lived through creating them! ;)

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 13:23

No 'forgive me father for I have sinned' for you then :)

Martian
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 14:26 - Edited by: Martian

Its more a 'thank you, Father, for the life you provided' from me. Not that there weren't times when I was an...what's the other word for a small donkey; begins with "a"......yeah, that's it! Yes, there were times I was one of those, and yes, I did ask for forgiveness.

We are getting a little snow right now (its been raining for 2 days). That's why I'm on the computer and not out working. Over the lasttwo days, I've made cookies (chocolate chip w/walnuts) and baked bread. If this keeps up, I'm going to lose my girlish figure.;)

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 15:58

I saw that you are getting snow in Kansas. Very pretty! I remember from when I lived there that you have to get right out and enjoy it cause it usually did not last very long! I remember our snowmen always had grassy balls-er, I mean the balls always had grass in them :) This potty humor is carrying over from the 5 word never-ending nonsense story! Ha!
On that note, guess what I just did?
I just got back from picking up our 8 year old daughter at her school cause she vomited during library time!Poor thing! See, I not only get suckered into reading and writing about the stuff, I get to deal with it too! Hopefully it will be a one time deal. My grandson is throwing some powerful farts my way-he just finished his bottle and something tells me he is going to be delivering a little gift soon! Scary cause he tends to keep giving during the middle of changing him!But it's all good.

Enjoy your break from work.

Martian
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 16:14

Talk about potty humor!

Hope your daughter isn't getting sick just before Christmas. That would be a bummer.

We didn't get the 8-10" blizzard they had out West, or even the 6-8 inches we were predicted to get, but yes, it is pretty. Most will be gone early tomorrow which is good. I need to finish the roof I'm working on. Luckily, its metal over a shingled roof; so I didn't have to worry about anything leaking during all the rain.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 16:26 - Edited by: trollbridge

your weather man must have gone to the same school as our weather man!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 18:19

so much for it being a one time deal :( Ick!

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.