Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Will you have a white Christmas?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Bevis
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 22:56

Its SNO...Oooops. I fell asleep at the computer and was dreaming that I was in Tn at my old cabin and it was snowing (I was happy for a split sec).

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 23:17

Awww Bevis... I bet you do dream about your old cabin often and really miss it. Sorry :(

Are you dreaming about your new cabin too? The one you're going to build soon? You better be making all your plans and getting excited cause it's going to be awesome!!!! And someday snow will be falling on the roof of your new cabin and you are going to be sittin inside and relaxing and watching the snow come down :) and you'll be so happy to be there-trust me.

Martian
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 08:30

I hope your daughter is feeling better this morning.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 08:39

we have RAIN coming down this morning--in the south!!!! no snow---should be fun out Christmas shopping in the rain TODAY!!!!!!
( but we need the rain so bad---i bet my food plots & my fall garden are happy this morning with all night of rain!!!)

dstraate
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 09:43

Almost too much to get the damn truck in. Hopefully I'll get there tonight (Winter Storm Watch) and get stuck until April.
DSC00380.JPG
DSC00380.JPG
DSC00383.JPG
DSC00383.JPG

bobrok
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:18

Quoting: dstraate
Almost too much to get the damn truck in. Hopefully I'll get there tonight (Winter Storm Watch) and get stuck until April.

HA!
Having lived in the NE USA all my life I had grown to hate winter and snow. Ever since acquiring my woodsy getaway my whole attitude is changing.

Quoting: dstraate
get stuck until April.

LIKE BUTTON! :)

AYP1909
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 11:03

No chance for snow in Seattle this Christmas. In fact, it is not even raining. I think that we are having about the coldest and dryest December on record.

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Dec 2011 15:26

Either Hattie found a way to send us a bit of snow or our weather man is on crack!!!

In any case my 8 year old is happy...just this morning she proclaimed "I never knew we could have a Christmas without snow."

rayyy
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 18:23

Nope,,,no snow hear in WNY.Look's like we are going to make it into January befor old man winter settles in for a while.I'm loving it.No getting called in at 2:00 am to shovle ,plow and salt.Yes sirrrr,I'm loving it!

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 18:27

Not a flake here in detroit. So depressing... I love snow.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 20:07

No snow for us in Wisconsin,what we got the other day melted away. But I just came in from outside and it is the most gorgeous night. Warm but yet a crispness in the air and soooooo many stars in the sky. If we did have snow I would totally go tobogganing right now!!! Wish I were at the cabin!

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 20:23

Have you visited the apostle.islands up in wisconsin near the upper penninsula? Its on my long list of places I want to kayak..... I kayak by the way.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 20:26

Not yet...we always say when the cabin is done we are going to go explore all those cool places...the sea caves look awesome!

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 20:38

Yes! Thats where I want to kayak.... And you can hike a beautiful path up there too. I am tentatively planning it next summer/ fall.... If I can get someone to get off their butt and go with me that is.....

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 20:53

bet I know who that 'someone' is...

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 21:00

Yep... Well, if he wont go.... I will grab a friend and.drag them away for an adventure....

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 21:06

I bet he will go...promise him lots of memorable times. I don't "get" people who don't want to "get out of town" once in a while. I mean I do get cost, time off, babysitters blah,blah...but it does your spirit such good to have a change sometimes! How long have you kayaked for?

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 21:23

I discovered kayaking.only five years ago... Loved it... Kayaked all the lakes near home, including lake erie and huron... Then I had the heart attack and open headt surgery.. Took.a year off and now I'm back... But with copd and heart damage a a result.. I'm enjoying calmer waters alot more. Nothing like trailing your fingertips thru the water as you float along ...... Very peaceful . I thought the apostles looked perfect.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 21:40

On a calm day for sure-perfect. Ever get little fishes to come up and nibble at your fingertips???

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:05

Yep... And nearly tipped over leaning.over.to photograph lilly pads or some other interesting kritter down there..... You can sneak up on nature and snap great photos of deer...turtles. Beavers... Last summer a snake.cruised right over and showed me how beautiful he was.

Nothing like taking a road trip and finding a little lake hidden somewhere......

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:16

Ahh, I love road trips! I don't care where I'm going, I love a road trip! When our cabin is done there are so many places I can't wait to explore. The whole north shore of Minnesota overlooking Lake Superior is beautiful. And Wisconsin has many gorgeous places too. I would love to see a moose while out on a dirt road secluded adventure...I'm sure I will need a newer vehicle before we adventure too far off the beaten path...it's kinda on it's last leg I think!

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:21 - Edited by: trollbridge

Naturelover,
Have you been up in the UP? I think it is so cool up there. Snowmobiling was so much fun but since we bought our land we haven't been back. So many secluded places. We looked at land there but decided it would be way easier to be closer to home. I love how they call a narrow dirt road a county highway!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:21

In my twenties I went to the wisconsin dells. Amazing !! If u want to see moose go to newberry in the U. P.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:29

We were in mostly the western portions of the U.P. Where is Newberry in relation?

The Dells are fun for sure, but very commercialized.

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:29

Love the u.p., I've only traveled thru half.of it though. I'm dying to see wyoming , montana and parts of utah I haven't yet visited. I told my hubby I will drive if he s not up for it.. Half the fun is getting there right? I found these cute.cabins to.rent really cheap an hour from yellowstone.... I'm just itching to go. I need to see more beauty, less detroit...lol.

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:32

Central u.p. You would love it.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:38

Yellowstone and all those western states are beautiful. My daughter went out to Seattle this summer for her honeymoon and then drove back here through all those states and took the most amazing pictures! Living here is nice but the beauty out there is really something! When I was a kid we traveled a lot and that was one of my favorite places! Mr. Troll doesn't like to drive either but so much is missed flying, and so expensive too. We haven't had a "travel vacation" for quite some time now. I miss it. Renting a cabin is a fun thing to do-much better than a hotel!

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:45

I love driving... And I would.rather.drive than fly anyday. My husband wont fly either ... I love a well planned adventure... Scenery and new places to explore really motivate me. I can pack up my crap in record time !

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 22:54

Lol...I can pack in record time too! Flying has it's benefits, depending on where you are going but driving-is there anything else like it??? I would love to go across the country taking only smaller highways and no interstates. That would be awesome! Then I would say that we could not eat at any chain restaurants either(with the exception of Cracker Barrel!). Only small town cafes. I keep telling Mr. Troll I want to do this in my '66 MGB, just him and I. Sounds amazing...roof down, rolling along and along...

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Dec 2011 23:14

Wow.... Yes, that sounds perfect. You and I think alike. Are you watching the packers game? Your packers are.unstoppable! The lions actually made the playoffs.. Herr they are calling it a christmas miracle . Lol If you watch football you will understand. ..

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.