Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< 1 ... 18 . 19 . 20 . 21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . 27 . 28 ... 33 . 34 . >>
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 1 Jul 2013 23:16

McQuade is about eight miles up the road.
McQuade
McQuade

trollbridge
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 16:19

Looks nice, Owen. Congratulations on seeing all your hard work pay off. I really like the sign. Nice use of stone and wood. Thumbs up to whomever designed it
We will have to take a trip up there. I've been wanting to get to Splithouse and Gooseberry Falls again soon. I like the hike to the lake from Gooseberry. It hard to give up work time at the cabin for playtime. That inner struggle, and there are so many different things to enjoy doing, too! lol.

How is your son's recovery going? His injury sounds very painful. Do you think he will go back to racing?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 00:50

He doesn't seem to be in pain. I don't know about racing. He's going to try and go to work Mon.

LakeSuperior5
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 10:15

Have not been here for awhile, reading through the pages you have been busy! Glad you had some playtime, it is a balancing act between work and play.

Life got in the way for us and we have not been to our Shabin lately. Finally heading up Friday and spending a week. Hope the waterfalls at Tetteguche are still flowing. Mostly work however for us with a load of materials to put a roof over the deck and turn it into a covered porch.

Someday I hope to be able to add the finishing touches inside. Your photo's provide much inspiration.

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 12:40

Hi LakeSuperior5! Nice to hear from you! I know you are at your shabin right now and I hope you are enjoying yourselves. You will love having a covered porch. I hope that project goes smoothly. Weather hopefully will be good for you. Not as hot as it has been down here. Don't let the skeeters carry you away...they were nasty last time we were up, but that's summer time in the northwoods, huh? Are you sleeping in the cabin yet or still the trailer? I hope you take lots of pictures. I would really love to see them!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 15 Jul 2013 08:10

We are missing you Troll. I know you have a busy life, but chatting with you helps us anyway.

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 10:21

Hiya Owen!
How have you been? How is your son's recovery coming along? Was he able to get back to work? Have you been riding your bike to work still? Weather has been good for it-today's gonna be a hot one though. Did you get the sauna finished and delivered to Ely? That's what it will feel like today down here

Sorry I haven't been around. Life has been busy. Summer is in full swing which means lots of taxi driving for me with the kids on top of my usual routine. Been watching the grandchildren and last weekend had another baby shower to attend. We haven't been to the cabin since last time (well, DUH!!) whenever that was...seems like forever ago

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer. I cannot believe it is already half way through July!!! Little Noelle is already 7 months old! She has one tooth and is enjoying all the new flavors that come her way lately with the exception of green beans and squash! I wasn't surprised by the green bean reaction...that one generally takes a few times to get use to, but squash was always a baby food favorite! She LOVES sweet potatoes She also has really had fun in the pool floating around in her little baby float and loves going for walks in her stroller!

Have a fantastic day!
Ellen

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 12:12

That's a nice brief synopsis of a busy life! Where do you get your energy!

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 13:25

The little ones are always willing to share their energy. Being around them keeps me energized.

Hope you are having a super day How's everything in Kansas?

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 13:30

Will be better in a few minutes.....I hope.

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 15:21

Hmmm, knowing what I know about you, I probably shouldn't ask...but I'm assuming it wasn't lunch that you were looking forward too?

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 16:53

And you'd be right.....as usual.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 18:33

I knew it!
Now I'm even more curious but I'm not asking

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 18:39

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 18:52

Can't wipe the smile off your face?

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 19:31

Its a permanent feature I think. I kind of like it.

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 19:34

I'm thinking it probably looks really good on you

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 20:09

Well, DUH!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 20:38

I need to find one of those, too! Then I can get away with being a smart aleck just like you!!!

Martian
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 22:55 - Edited by: Martian

And I had you pictured as always having one, too. Huh, go figure? With a new little girl, and a wonderful family, I thought you'd be smiling all the time. You should be, you know. Here, you can share mine!

I've found that one can get away with saying almost anything when they smile while saying it.

Tom

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 17 Jul 2013 01:29

Another baby shower? Related? I understand the busy, we knew that. I always had wondered how you could visit with us with all you have going.
My son is mending. First check since the operation. No need to rebreak anything. Yes, he's at work again. It can't be easy, it's a big plant. Maybe he will learn to trust his help more. Yes, the sauna is done and setup. I start the North Shore cabin Mon. I left my mechanic job 'til Sept. I now have five more to build, but I have two other carpenters and by Sept. they should be able to do a lot without me there every day.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Jul 2013 09:13

Yes, another shower, but just a friend this time. No family babies on the horizon.

I'm glad your sons recovery is going well

And wow, 5 more cabins? That's wonderful! Business is picking up, I'm glad you are staying busy and it's nice that the repair shop is willing to work with you and give you a leave.

Are you excited to start this next cabin on Monday? Nice to be closer to home this time.

Weekend weather sure looks to be great. Cooler and less humidity. Mr. Troll went up to do the outdoor staining-porches and steps. I am doing the grandma thing today-I'll spend the morning watching my 5 month old grandson and this afternoon I'll be seeing my newest grandson. Should be a nice day.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Jul 2013 23:02

As I remember those new ones can be quite a surprise. You're such a good mother and grandmother.

My North Shore job isn't closer. If you look on the map for Hoveland then go straight north to the Canada border, you'd be close to where I'm building. On McFarland lake. I drove down to South West MN yesterday to buy another '66 Bronco, 600 miles round trip. Tonight we drove it up the Shore to Superior Shores resort for dinner.
Larsmont
Larsmont

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 17:17

Sweet! Nice Bronco! you must be enjoying it a lot! A new toy...does Claudia like it?

Holy cow! i thought the cabin would be much closer. That is a haul even from Duluth. Maybe you will see moose up there. Are you staying or driving back home?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 00:53

we'll stay over when we have enough wood to work another day. I'd like to fish some too.
Claudia loves the Bronco. Talk to you later.

I hope you can get up North soon.

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 07:11

Owen. Enjoy the end of the Arrowhead trail. Not far from McFarland are Easter and Chester lakes. Both contain stocked trout, I think spake? Easter has a very nice point near the boat launch to fish from. Troll, LakeSuperior5 and I will post pictures soon. We are just slow and did not have significant changes until recently.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 07:41

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably give it a try. I bought a nice new rod a month ago and haven't wet a line yet.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:46

Hope it goes well today, Owen

Shabin...looking forward to seeing your pictures! Did you get the roof over your deck? Don't you absolutely love it???

The porch staining is done at the cabin and I look forward to seeing it! Going for our 30th anniversary this weekend.

Martian
# Posted: 23 Jul 2013 09:34

Quoting: trollbridge
The porch staining is done at the cabin and I look forward to seeing it! Going for our 30th anniversary this weekend.

Enjoy.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Jul 2013 11:02

Thanks Tom!

<< 1 ... 18 . 19 . 20 . 21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . 27 . 28 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.