Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Hello From Kansas
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 .
Martian
# Posted: 29 Nov 2011 09:02

TB, you may be on to something. I do find myself drawn to mindless task like cutting and splitting firewood while avoiding complicated projects.

Tom

hattie
# Posted: 29 Nov 2011 12:26 - Edited by: hattie

Quoting: Martian
I have latent "hermit" tendencies which are just now coming out, but it is really hard to make myself leave the cabin!

You aren't alone. *S* We have lived here full time for 4 years now. Going to the big city (Vancouver) is painful and we can't wait to get back. Even going grocery shopping 20 km away once a week is a nuisance. I would be perfectly content just to stay here on our property and never have to go anywhere.

I just looked up the defintion of cabin fever: cabin fever
n.
Boredom, restlessness, or irritability that results from a lack of environmental stimulation, as from a prolonged stay in a remote, sparsely populated region or a confined indoor area.

hmph....for us cabin fever is the need to get back to the cabin after we have had to leave it for a period of time.

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 30 Nov 2011 19:41

Hattie,
I haven't even started a build and I have cabin fever.

Bevis
# Posted: 1 Dec 2011 12:34

I've got cabin fever, in that I want to build another one soon...Hopefully I will not have another mishap.

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Dec 2011 13:32

Bevis...inquiring minds want to know what your "mishap' was????? Do tell :)

Martian
# Posted: 1 Dec 2011 18:56

Yes...do tell?

trollbridge
# Posted: 5 Oct 2012 13:43 - Edited by: trollbridge

Looky, looky who has a BIRTHDAY today!!!!! Happy Birthday Martian...hope it's a good one!!!

Congratulations too on the 1st year anniversary of living in your cabin! How ya going to celebrate????

Bevis
# Posted: 6 Oct 2012 01:52

Happy Birthday Martian...

Martian
# Posted: 6 Oct 2012 08:49

Thanks, TB and Bevis. It has been an exceptionally good year. I'm healthy, happy, and enjoying the heck out of living in my little house. All is made richer by having 'friends' like you guys.

Tom

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.