<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 13 . 14 . >>
JDH83VT
# Posted: 5 Dec 2019 15:16

Spypoint plans:
100 photos is free
250 photos is $4/month
1000 photos is $7/month
Unlimited photos is $10/month

As Mr RoC said, the free 100 pictures is usually adequate. I only went over once and it was because the sensitivity was set too high and the swaying tree branches triggered 50 pics in a day.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 Dec 2019 15:24

OK, I have decided to go with my Moultrie camera, I did also buy a brand new Reolink "GO" with solar panel. This is an AT&T system and requires a SIM card, probably best for someone who has an AT&T cell phone now, just pick up another SIM card from your provider. Because I am going with the Moultrie Verizon version, I would offer the brand new Reolink Go with solar panel for $150 shipped to my fellow cabineers. Contact me via my user name exactly as you see it @ yahoo dot com.

paulz
# Posted: 4 Feb 2020 21:51

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech

I have been eyeballing a Moultrie cell camera, and its a cell,

Hey TMT, how's that Moultrie working? The same smoking deal still around? I have Page Plus wireless but it uses Verizon's network. Would I have to ammend that account?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Feb 2020 15:32

Quoting: paulz
Hey TMT, how's that Moultrie working? The same smoking deal still around? I have Page Plus wireless but it uses Verizon's network. Would I have to ammend that account?

It works great, but its not in place now, I have activated one, installed the lithium batteries (AAX12) and bought the solar charger and aux 12V battery for them. The one that is activated works great, I can control it from my phone, blue tooth close to the camera or online computer. ie turn it off before showing up. You can get it in Verizon or AT&T

Model is Moultrie XV7000i (Verizon) or XA7000i (AT&T)

Looks like the sale is gone.

paulz
# Posted: 5 Feb 2020 19:29

Ok thanks. So to activate you call Verizon? Is it like a phone, got it's own number? Do they know what you're talking about in India?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Feb 2020 21:31 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Ok thanks. So to activate you call Verizon? Is it like a phone, got it's own number? Do they know what you're talking about in India?

No, you just go to moultriemobile.com, inside the camera us the codes on the sticker, I ID'd mine with 1 and 2, took pictures of the label. I can name them on my control panel, ie cabin, other one can be driveway etc. , create account. Put in numbers, its done. Pick plan, suspend it anytime you want, activate it again anytime you want, no charge to deactivate it. You dont remove it from your control panel, you just suspend it. You can pick picture size and qty.

No extra line, no sims card, you activate it all on line in under 5 minutes. Done. Headed out to cabin, turn it off in advance via internet, turn it off via blue tooth (being close to it) of from your phone when you get there. Had a card inside, you can off load pictures too I suppose. Pick if you want a reminder sent to phone, or image sent via email or phone or both or neither but a reminder.

I downloaded the APP on my phone already.

I have been searching long and hard for a set up like this and someone finally heard my cries.

Oh, I'm on 4.95 a month for 40 thumbnails, I can go loads more, I think the most costly plan is 29.95

paulz
# Posted: 6 Feb 2020 08:35

Wow, that sounds great. I've noticed a couple of times now the chain was off my gate. Nothing missing or amiss, might be friends or neighbors coming to wander through the redwood grove. No electricity, wifi or anything near the gate but good cell reception. Probly time to get pro-active.

Used to be you needed Verizon at my property but I believe ATT put up a new tower and both may work now. But I have Verizon and know it works.

Thanks!

justinbowser
# Posted: 6 Feb 2020 13:55

I think I got the Moultrie for what will amount to around $70! It was on sale at Amazon, and had a $20 off coupon which brought the invoice price to $119. I have since sent in the $50 rebate form which will make my final price very nice! We will put this in place along with our SpyPoint camera and decide which is better for us.

Just waiting on the rebate...

paulz
# Posted: 6 Feb 2020 17:03

Yer killin' me. Best I can find for Moultried XV7000i is $160 of fleabay + tax, free ship.

paulz
# Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:21

Reading some cell phone camera reviews, Some have problems with taking too many photos. I will have a lot of sunlight flickering through trees which some say causes false triggers. Not good if you are paying per photo.

Are the better cameras better at preventing, are there adjustments?

jsahara24
# Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:35

I have had the spypoint since Christmas. Seems to be working well, getting photos with very few without anything in the pictures.

My biggest complaint is not being able to have it send me a picture every day without movement.

justinbowser
# Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:38

I installed the Moultrie XV7000i a couple of weeks ago and have some initial observations.

- It seems to me that both the Moultrie and Spypoint "false" at the same things like changing light patterns and tarps flapping in the breeze.

- The Moultrie camera I think is a bit quicker on the shutter and does not pause as long between shots. I see a lot of pics from the Spypoint with nothing in the frame even though the motion sensing light on one of the buildingsd is triggered. It's my opinion that the Spypoint camera senses whatever is there but it is either outside the camera FOV or the lag between detection and picture allows the critter to exit the frame before the picture is taken.

- The Moultrie plans are more "pricey" than the Spypoint plans, IMHO, but you pay by the month opposed to a year at a time. I believe you can get 100 free pics/mo with Spypoint but that costs $4.99 with Moultrie. The package I chose with Moultrie was 850 pics for $9.99/mo.

Just my .02c worth...

Justin B.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Feb 2020 15:45

Moultrie, you can turn it off (suspend service) and start it back up anytime, no fees.

I plan on getting my Moultires up in spring. I have 2 of them. One is active now. I filled them with Lithium Ion batteries, added the remove 12V battery plus the solar panel, so it should run all year round.

Thanks Justin.

justinbowser
# Posted: 20 Feb 2020 19:09 - Edited by: justinbowser

toyota - I haven't checked but if you suspend the Moultrie service in the middle of the month do you pick back up with a partial month when you reactivate? When I activated mine it was prorated til the end of that month so it looks like your month is based on the calendar month instead of 30 days from when you activate.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Feb 2020 21:03

No, when you turn it on, its a full month or 30 days. So once active, if you turn it off a week later, you still run the full month/billing cycle.

Brettny
# Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:41

This isn't cell/Wi-Fi camera related but I have yet to find a modern trail camera that is reliable. They miss things and have lots of false shots. I have used Chinese brands (the absolute worst), stealth cam and wild game innovations. My old moultree A5 is the most reliable and has least false shots. It's about 7yrs old and has spent most of that time outside. It's been left all winter many times.

I think my next camera will be a moultree.

KelVarnsen
# Posted: 21 Feb 2020 08:03

Quoting: Brettny
I have used Chinese brands (the absolute worst), stealth cam and wild game innovations.

I have a couple of Stealth Cam G45NG that I've been using for several years and they work great.

I installed a cellular SpyPoint Link Dark in November and I love it. It has reliably sent me 3 pictures every day (set to timelapse), no paid plan required. I just used regular AA batteries and at 3 months it still has 54%. I can go on the app and change camera settings and review photos whenever I want. Spypoint sends low quality photos via cellular but you can pay to request high quality.
Spypoint Photo
Spypoint Photo
Camera Status
Camera Status

Brettny
# Posted: 21 Feb 2020 09:22

They don't require a paid plan to send a pic? Can the pics be motion?

KelVarnsen
# Posted: 21 Feb 2020 09:39 - Edited by: KelVarnsen

Quoting: Brettny
They don't require a paid plan to send a pic? Can the pics be motion?

Here is a link to the plans:
https://www.spypoint.com/en/spypoint-experience/plans

Here is the link to HD photos on request cost:
https://www.spypoint.com/en/spypoint-experience/full-hd-photos

It can do motion activated and transmit photos at each detection. I put it on timelapse so that I could control only sending less that 100 photos a month.
Photo Settings
Photo Settings
Cellular Settings
Cellular Settings

paulz
# Posted: 22 Feb 2020 16:45

Appreciate all the input. The Moultrie site says they still offer the 50 buck rebate but the XV7000 is currently unavailable. Anyone get their rebate? Could someone with a Moutrie account hit the 'Notify me when available' button for me, I don't want to create an account just for that.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:56 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Paul, I applied for my rebate online and have not gotten it yet, but those can take a bit. Bought mine in Latter December.

Here is the Moultrie plans. I have the el cheapo now, its just active testing now. I get 100 pics a month, I may upgrade once its set up.
Moultrie Plans
Moultrie Plans

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 23 Feb 2020 16:28

Paulz, Amazon has them on hand now, several sellers, but the good price is long gone. Looks like $170.
I got mine for $129.95, plus the rebate which I have not gotten yet. At that price, I had to buy 2 of them.

jsahara24
# Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:52

Quoting: KelVarnsen
It can do motion activated and transmit photos at each detection. I put it on timelapse so that I could control only sending less that 100 photos a month.

Mine doesn't give me the timelapse option, which is exactly what I want. Strange, perhaps you have a better model than I do. I need to look into this.

Jason

paulz
# Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:48 - Edited by: paulz

Paulz, Amazon has them on hand now, several sellers, but the good price is long gone. Looks like $170.
I got mine for $129.95, plus the rebate which I have not gotten yet. At that price, I had to buy 2 of them.

Thanks, I don't see if you get the rebate on the Amazon ones? Some new ones on Ebay for about $150, also no mention of rebate. I'd feel a lot better about stepping up if I didn't know what you guys paid.

I did score an old used Spycam 5mb cheap at the flea market and have been playing with that. 12v so hooks right up to a car battery. Have to download the pics with a usb cable but it's a good learning experience playing with the burst, quality and frequency options. Takes a lot of false shots but once in awhile I get my rear end walking by. I've had it out at my gate all weekend and my neighbor came over to get that friggin ATV so we'll see what it got when I go out tomorrow.

FishHog
# Posted: 24 Feb 2020 13:33

spypoint has a $100 off mail in rebate on their link evo unit. I just ordered one from amazon for $275, then the $100 off. Still more than I like to spend on a trail camera but KelVarnsen talked me into one just by letting me look at his cabin pictures.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 24 Feb 2020 15:45 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Thanks, I don't see if you get the rebate on the Amazon ones? Some new ones on Ebay for about $150, also no mention of rebate. I'd feel a lot better about stepping up if I didn't know what you guys paid.

I have the PDF rebate form, can send it to you. Look at the website, see if its still there and if its still running.
OK found it, still going till end of March, get rebate form here.
https://media.mwstatic.com/cms/rebate/2019_6/moultriewirelesstrailcamera_rebate_print .pdf

paulz
# Posted: 24 Feb 2020 17:22

I have the PDF rebate form, can send it to you. Look at the website, see if its still there and if its still running.
OK found it, still going till end of March, get rebate form here.
https://media.mwstatic.com/cms/rebate/2019_6/moultriewirelesstrailcamera_rebate_print .pdf

Hmm, end of January on that form, no?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 24 Feb 2020 21:13

Hmm, end of January on that form, no?

Opps, sorry Paul, have no idea why I saw march, but yes, its done.

sha748
# Posted: 25 Feb 2020 03:04

Worst case camera option for off grid is satellite camera...I have to use one since I don't have electricity or cell service...it comes in handy when I want to check snow level or ensure my cabin hasn't been broken into.

KelVarnsen
# Posted: 25 Feb 2020 13:45

Quoting: FishHog
Still more than I like to spend on a trail camera but KelVarnsen talked me into one just by letting me look at his cabin pictures.

Sorry about that. Now I'll be able to look at your cabin too!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 13 . 14 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.