Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / We just started building our little 20X20 cabin
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 17 . 18 . >>
Tim
# Posted: 9 Mar 2012 05:13

jgiffi
There actually is what is called a "transition piece". It is flashing that slides up under the upper roof sheeting about a foot, then lays over the lower roof about 8 inches.

There is also a foam rubber "gasket", shaped like the ribs that seals the holes at the end of the ribs.

Hope that helps.
Tim

jgiffi
# Posted: 9 Mar 2012 10:23

Thanks Tim, I know it was probably a stupid question but I don't have alot of experience with metal roofing and I appreciate the assistance. Your project looks very nice though and thanks for sharing the pics.

Tim
# Posted: 9 Mar 2012 21:28

Ok......the lumber came today for the inside! I am so excited!! I got started as soon as the driver pulled out of the driveway from delivering. Here are some pics..............
Zi6_6766.JPG
Zi6_6766.JPG
Zi6_0031.JPG
Zi6_0031.JPG
Zi6_6767.JPG
Zi6_6767.JPG
Zi6_0030.JPG
Zi6_0030.JPG

customrunner
# Posted: 9 Mar 2012 22:22

Tim you are a mad man, looks great keep the picks coming

Bridge Boy
# Posted: 9 Mar 2012 23:32

Hi Tim,

Where did you purchase your porch lights? They really look great on your cabin. Nice work!

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 20:47

Tim...Wow! You are really going to town there and getting the job done fast! So did you hold your outlets out enough so that you don't have to add the outlet extension box thingy like we have to on each one? Hope so!

Bevis
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 21:13

Quoting: Tim
I am so excited!! I got started as soon as the driver pulled out of the driveway from delivering.

Tim,
I dont blame you, I would've done the same thing... but I probaly would've ran inside to get started. Looks good by the way.

Bevis
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 21:15 - Edited by: Bevis

Quoting: trollbridge
so that you don't have to add the outlet extension box thingy like we have to on each one? Hope so!

D'OH... Had to be your doing and not the Mr's ...

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 21:24

Quoting: Bevis

D'OH... Had to be your doing and not the Mr's

Of course...

but actually it was that we just hadn't finalized what we were putting on our walls.

Tim
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 22:19

Bridge Boy
The lights are from Lowe's. $39.00 each.

Tim
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 22:25 - Edited by: Tim

trollbridge
lol.....I had the electrical boxes every dept you could immagine. As I was mounting the boxes, the "final" decision on what we were going to put on the wall kept changing. One day I would mount them an inch out to allow for wood. The next, only a half inch out to allow for drywall.

As I hung the wood, I was able to pull the ones I needed to, out a little. No sense in doing it right the first time! lol

But, yes.........in the end, the boxes ended up being out far enough I won't need box extensions.

Tim

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Mar 2012 22:30

LOL! Good for you Tim...you saved yourself $1.44 each!!!! The only positive we see is that there is more room to shove the wires into! LOL!

Tim
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 06:19

I finished the rest of the living room, and the bathroom this weekend. Now, all that is left to do is the bedroom and loft.

Here are more pics:
Zi6_0104.JPG
Zi6_0104.JPG
Zi6_0098.JPG
Zi6_0098.JPG
Zi6_0100.JPG
Zi6_0100.JPG
Zi6_0108.JPG
Zi6_0108.JPG

Tim
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 06:21

trollbridge
For you! lol.........every dime counts!
Zi6_0107.JPG
Zi6_0107.JPG

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 09:50

Gee thanks Tim...rub it in some huh???? Here's a solution that would work perfectly----------how bout you come to Wisconsin and install all the extensions for us---------------I mean....you really didn't want to miss out on all the fun did you?!!???Deal???Sweet!!! Now we won't have to waste all our time doing it...Thank you......that is really nice of you!!!LOL!

Next time we go I am going to count how many we needed...I'll bet it will add up to a quite a bit------that indecision and multiple opinions can sure create a headache huh?

TimJ
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 14:01

that indecision and multiple opinions can sure create a headache huh

Gee......ya think? lol

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 17:27

TimJ.......you couldn't possibly have that problem too could you????LOL!! Do tell.............misery loves company!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 17:45 - Edited by: trollbridge

ha,ha,ha.....I thought TimJ was a different person, then I realized it is you Tim! You're an impostor huh???????

Tim
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 21:35

trollbridge
lol....I can't remember my password. (it is saved on my home computer). When I post from work, I have to logue in differently and do the spam filter thing to get it. lol

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Mar 2012 22:01

LOL! I thought we had somebody else whose indecisions were creating problems...........

samoni
# Posted: 14 Mar 2012 10:07

it's looking great!

timba
# Posted: 16 Mar 2012 19:08

Is that rough cut lumber your using on the inside?T and G?

awesome cabin

Tim
# Posted: 16 Mar 2012 21:26

Yes, that is rough sawn pine. The mill I got it from saws with a band mill, so it isn't as rough as some. It has been stored inside at the mill for just over 5 years, so it is completely air dried and won't shrink like the green lumber will. It is not tongue and groove, just butted together tightly. She wanted the cracks to show when we paint it white.
Tim

Tim
# Posted: 24 Mar 2012 19:44

I have been working on the inside. Wow, is this time consuming! Here are some pics of what I have gotten done.
Bedroom closets and shelves
Bedroom closets and shelves
Octogon windows trimmed
Octogon windows trimmed
Bedroom door frame trimmed
Bedroom door frame trimmed
coat closet door in livingroom
coat closet door in livingroom

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 Mar 2012 21:57

Quoting: Tim
Wow, is this time consuming!

Oh Whaaaaaaaaaaa Hush you.......you're kicking our butts!!!! I feel like we haven't been to our cabin in forever.....oh yeah......that's 'cause we haven't!!!!!!

It sure is looking good inside your place.....I like your closets/shelving and the doors look great too!!!!! Good work Tim!!!

indy
# Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:05

simply awesome. thanks for all of it.

and made even better by me learning a few things too.

cheers.

Tim
# Posted: 25 Mar 2012 10:00 - Edited by: Tim

I like your closets/shelving and the doors look great too!!!!!

Thanks! She is planning on putting wicker baskets on the shelves for underware, socks, bras, etc. Kinda like fancy drawers. A larger basket will go in the bottom for a hamper basket.

The closet with the door in it will be mine. The one to the left of the shelves (no door yet) which (of course) is a little larger....will be hers. lol + the shelves will be mostly hers of course too.

hattie
# Posted: 25 Mar 2012 12:11

Those shelves will look spectacular with nice wicker baskets on them!! You have done a beautiful job!!!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 25 Mar 2012 17:01

Tim,
I've been away for a while. You have been hard at work I see. I can't tell you how envious I am. It looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Tim
# Posted: 30 Mar 2012 21:00 - Edited by: Tim

More inside pics:
Bedroom door
Bedroom door
Door latch
Door latch
Second closet doors done
Second closet doors done
Zi6_7126.JPG
Zi6_7126.JPG

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 17 . 18 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.