Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / We just started building our little 20X20 cabin
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . >>
Tim
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 07:35

Quoting: trollbridge
in the time it will take me to "bake" this baby you built a home!

TROLL! I did not realize! Congratulations to you for sure!! When are you due?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 07:43 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

very nice work in a quick time as well--congrats--your place looks great!!!!!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 09:21

WOW...my cabin is not done yet...but my chicken coop is finished before yours!! I hope you post pics of how you arranged the new furniture when it comes!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Jul 2012 11:30

Quoting: Tim
TROLL! I did not realize! Congratulations to you for sure!! When are you due?

Thank you Tim! My due date is December 3rd- I had not mentioned it before now.

Tim
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 05:56

I had not mentioned it before now.

I am honored that my thread has the announcement!

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 21:17

Tim
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 11:02

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
WOW...my cabin is not done yet

And then, there IS the fact that your cabin is much larger than mine too!

Tim
# Posted: 11 Jul 2012 20:45

OK, as promised, here is the furniture that was delivered this morning.
Also, the pleated blinds are hung, and the roll out trash can is under the sink. Tomorrow, Lowe's finely got off their @$$ and are installing the capet in the bedroom and loft after 3 weeks of fighting with them!
decorating_022.jpg
decorating_022.jpg
decorating_019.jpg
decorating_019.jpg
decorating_013.jpg
decorating_013.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jul 2012 22:09

Martha Stewart is on her way with her film crew!
Keep posting more pictures-so fun to see your place come together!

Abby1
# Posted: 13 Jul 2012 06:46

LOVE it all, Tim! this has been such an exciting journey. both for you (of course!) and your faithful readers. I've really enjoyed all your updates and am just so very happy for you.

Tim
# Posted: 13 Jul 2012 09:20 - Edited by: Tim

We finely got the carpet installed yesterday in the bedroom. That allowed us to move the bed and get it set up. We are going to play with the furniture arrangement this weekend and see if we like something better.
Bedroom carpet
Bedroom carpet
Queen sized bed set up
Queen sized bed set up

MJW
# Posted: 13 Jul 2012 20:30

In the home stretch now, Tim.

It must be an awesome feeling of accomplishment.

I can't wait for the next phase of your building but I am sure you want to take a break.

Tim
# Posted: 13 Jul 2012 22:00 - Edited by: Tim

Quoting: MJW
but I am sure you want to take a break.

take a what? lol

Rifraf
# Posted: 13 Jul 2012 23:52 - Edited by: Rifraf

Tim this may be a silly question, but everything is white. Is this your color choice or a bright primer everywhere ?

it looks absolutely amazing, but I've been wondering which it is for awhile now

edit: wait I see blue walls on those last shots !

Tim
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 09:43

Quoting: Rifraf
Is this your color choice

My wife wanted it bright and cheery. There will be lots more colors involved in the accents such as more pillows, pictures on the walls, etc. We lived in more of a "cabin" when we were first married. Then we lived in a log house for 12 years. She says "been there-done that", now she wanted more of a "cottage" feel. The bedroom has blue walls with blue in the bedspread. We justed added dark blue sheets last night.

The livingroom will have more collors in the accent pillows on the couches etc.

In the bathroom, we just added "teal" colored towels. There will be more.
more_accents_024.jpg
more_accents_024.jpg
more_accents_025.jpg
more_accents_025.jpg
more_accents_048.jpg
more_accents_048.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 19:13

White makes for a clean slate and gives the cottage feel-that in combination with all the texture. All your colors will come out in your accents-beauty of this......easy to change for the season or just whenever you feel like you want a change! Looks beautiful!

Tim
# Posted: 15 Jul 2012 21:47

We spent this weekend moving more furniture and decorative stuff. Here are some pics.............
moving_more_stuff_00.jpg
moving_more_stuff_00.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg

Tim
# Posted: 15 Jul 2012 21:50

and....a few more.................
moving_more_stuff_00.jpg
moving_more_stuff_00.jpg
moving_more_stuff_00.jpg
moving_more_stuff_00.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg
moving_more_stuff_01.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Jul 2012 22:01

Thanks for posting more pictures Tim! I love the first photo with your front door open. It looks so inviting! Isn't it fun to add all the accessories? It really brings the place alive and makes it feel like home. Once again thank you for sharing.

Do you have your home on the market yet? I wish you the best of luck for a quick and painless sale.

Enjoy your first few nights in your new home...it is such an exciting time for you!

Abby1
# Posted: 16 Jul 2012 06:34

oh how lovely!! now it does look like home. this is proof to anyone that thinks style is all about big. your cabin looks so stylish, fresh, airy, and comfortable. (tell your wife I can so see some baskets hanging from the beams in the kitchen area...lol)

Tim, I may have missed it prior, but will you now be living very rural, or is it Heavenly private but with shopping, etc., close by? I can almost 'feel' the first snow where you're both all cozy with the fire going.

Abby1
# Posted: 16 Jul 2012 06:38

oh..and my hubby is excited to see you build a garage. lol..such a man. (I did tell him to let you rest up a bit!) we moved in our cabin and within a year he was building his dream man cave. (yes..I'm still waiting for my chicken coop, tho!)

Tim
# Posted: 16 Jul 2012 07:50 - Edited by: Tim

Do you have your home on the market yet?

Troll,
Our daughter is looking for a "mini-farm". She has had her house for sale for about 9 months. It finely sold, but everything she wanted while she was waiting also sold. So....she is moving into our "big house" while she continues her search. It won't be long, I wouldn't think, then ours will go on the market.

Thanks you so much for all your comments, and staying with us through the whole process. It has been a hell of a ride!

Tim
# Posted: 16 Jul 2012 07:56

Quoting: Abby1
oh how lovely!!

oh..and my hubby is excited to see you build a garage.

Thank you SO much Abby!
Here is the plan: Over the next few weeks, I am starting to build a storage barn/chicken coop. I just found another big batch of poplar from a local Amish saw mill for 20 cents a board foot! YES 20 CENTS!!

Anyway, that will give a place for the garden tractor and tools for now. OH....and CHICKENS!

Probably next spring for the garage, but I assure you, there WILL be a garage! It might not wait that long to happen.

I will get pretty tired of cleaning snow off the truck this winter if it does! lol

Tim
# Posted: 21 Jul 2012 21:54 - Edited by: Tim

Hi everybody,
Been pretty busy lately, so I haven't been on the forum. We spent Friday night at the cottage. The shower is AMAIZING! lol

I started the chicken coop / tool shed. Here are some pics.....
siding_023.jpg
siding_023.jpg
siding_029.jpg
siding_029.jpg
siding_028.jpg
siding_028.jpg
siding_026.jpg
siding_026.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Jul 2012 12:29

Oh my gosh Tim...why does it not surprise me that you are already on to the next project! Were you one of those hyperactive little kids who couldn't sit still for more than 10 minutes with out getting fidgety?!!???? You must have drove your mother crazy!!!!

Abby1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2012 19:12

hey Tim..you're freaking me out with that energy of yours! LOL and yes...I did happen to mention to my hubby..again...that you were building your chicken coop. he says..'thanks, Tim.'

Tim
# Posted: 22 Jul 2012 20:08

...I did happen to mention to my hubby..again...that you were building your chicken coop. he says..'thanks, Tim.'

What's he waiting for, Christmas?

Tim
# Posted: 23 Jul 2012 08:03

Were you one of those hyperactive little kids who couldn't sit still for more than 10 minutes with out getting fidgety

lol Troll, yes, I guess I was, but back then we didn't call it hyperactive, we called it getting the chores done. When we got a little too crazy, instead of putting us on Ritalin, they put us on the handle of a pitch fork and we cleaned the barn.

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Jul 2012 10:13

Quoting: Tim
instead of putting us on Ritalin, they put us on the handle of a pitch fork and we cleaned the barn.

A much better solution for sure!!!! I saw a little boy in the grocery store just literally bouncing off the walls with energy the other day. His father was trying (unsuccessfully) to contain him-poor guy! Lol...that kid could have really made short work of cleaning the barn!

Anonymous
# Posted: 10 Aug 2012 19:26

Hi everybody!
Well, we are all settled in now. We are at the big house right now getting the last of the flowers moved to the new cottage. My daughter is moving into the old house until it sells. We don't have internet out at the cottage yet, so that is why I haven't been around. We are loving it out there! I hope to have internet in a couple of weeks, but choices of providers is very limited.
Tim and leslie

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.