Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / how is your spring going?
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 20:22

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
i am so embarrassed..she will be 24..lol

dont be.it takes me and my hubby to figure out all our kids ages.
She works weekends as nurse aide and thru the week as cook at bob evans.

what a great gal-i wish her a happy birthday and u and her to have a lovely day together.
oh my a cat was having kittens on porch. brought her inside

very wise.
Something my sis told me once when selling a house is that to use nuetral colors if you paint and get the place as empty as possible. so the buyers can see thier stuff there..in thier minds eye.

yeppers.this is my plan.u are exactly right.thank u Kelly
have a good weekend girlfriend!

we sure will.thank u.u too.

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 20:25

Just 6 weeks after planted.. this is part of the first square.

oh mu gosh.u have a green thumb and all green fingers.this is so beautiful
I took this off myself standing in my garden kind of.
Not sure if you can make it out or not lol

yes.when we click on the photo...it becomes bigger and we can see.u are so cute for an old granny.hee hee.
my son called.he is getting cold feet on getting married on thursday.lol.so funny.
enjoyed the pictures.thanks Kelly.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 21:10

Oh that's funny! cold feet well better stick them in a hot water pan! Lol

I of course in the picture was wearing my standard attire.. a nightgown..

Truly the compost from my compost toilet that sat all winter really did the trick.
As I planted each seed I've poured compost mixed with rain water in the hole.
Really really makes a difference.
I went over next door and got a branch of the mulberry tree and planted it by my garden. I couldn't afford to get the cherry trees this year so hopefully this one will take. I used to do that years ago on my first farm. just stuck branches in the ground within 2 years and mulberry trees producing fruit.
I am just trying to grow some groceries haha

okay well let us know how it goes this weekend.
Wrote it on the Prayer board *grin*

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 21:13

Hey this corn doesn't make my butt look big does it lol

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 21:15

Three little kittens so far fat and healthy all black and white

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 11:10

Three little kittens so far fat and healthy all black and white

Oh that's funny! cold feet well better stick them in a hot water pan! Lol

hee hee.i told him its good to get the family united.he said yes.i guess this is right.lol.
I of course in the picture was wearing my standard attire.. a nightgown..

love it.this is how i was when we lived in the woods before
Truly the compost from my compost toilet that sat all winter really did the trick

saw larry the cable guy.where there was a composting one .it was really good.they had a composting toilet and the nicest compost when done .for there garden.120 degrees is what the compost needs to be at.they take the sawdust and poo and pour it on the compost pile.the end result was the most wonderful compostings.
just stuck branches in the ground within 2 years and mulberry trees producing fruit.
I am just trying to grow some groceries haha

ha ha ha.thats what i do with everything.rose bushes.gar prunes them.i stick the pruned parts off into the ground.have tons of rose bushes from this.and stuck willow branches in the ground from a floral arrangment sent by mysister to me.now i have two corkscrew willows just growing and growing.love this.
yay.so sweet.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 11:12

well busy day.wash the car so gar doesnot have to.
got the laundry going.got to pack up for camp.
wrapped up the wedding gift for tomorrows wedding.
got to get a mess of sun tea going.
and freeze it.i freeze the sun tea in milk jugs.and then freeze them for keeping foods cold at the woods.when they start to unthaw a lot.we start using the tea to drink.
saves us some money on not having to go and purchase ice right away.
got to soak feet and pretty them up for the wedding.
i go barefoot alot.
cant wait to get thru the wedding and to the camp.
have a good week everyone.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 18:16

Cabi..you and i would hit it off like PB and J!
What a riot we would have trapsing around barefoot
in our nite gowns planting and growing stuff..lol

ok we will be waiting on those wedding pics!

Great idea of the sun tea and freezing.

Ps i wasnt at my place when i found the kittens
but couldnt leave them. they are doing good.
The mother is doing the work this time thank the Lord..

Trip to city tomorrow to see kids.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 18:55 - Edited by: cabingal3

Ps i wasnt at my place when i found the kittens
but couldnt leave them. they are doing good.
hee hee.this is like my sister.she feeds all the homeless cats.
Cabi..you and i would hit it off like PB and J!
What a riot we would have trapsing around barefoot
in our nite gowns planting and growing stuff..lol

ha ha ha.thats so funny.probably pretty much true.
yes.i want pics.hubby does not want to take the camera.wah.well we shall see.i wil get to hold the new grandbaby while the wedding goes on.
last time i wanted pics of something.had to wait like 20 yrs before i got my hands on them.lol.

busy day.made rhubarb blueberry jam.put some away in a plastic tub to take when we go to camp.
have fun seeing the kids.
rhubarb/blueberry jam
rhubarb/blueberry jam

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 20:04

Oh yum! they are pretty!
I need to get some more canning jars and stuff.
For sure we'll be making pickles And more Jam And maybe spaghetti sauce.
Have fun girlfriend this weekend!

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 7 Jul 2013 18:13

The deck steps are done!!!
Joist hangers 97 cents each times 3.
Drywall screws and screw gun.
Will need some small boards in between but the basics are there and done!

Projects inside left are a couple windows and a few cieling tiles which i already have.

Best thing is i hauled the bags of pop cans in and that paid for it all.
also picked up more beans and replanted and sunflower seeds to add to front of small barn already growing.
A day off is in order if i can make myself.

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:01

The deck steps are done!!!

good for u gal.
Projects inside left are a couple windows and a few cieling tiles which i already have.

are u fixing these things yourself??
Best thing is i hauled the bags of pop cans in and that paid for it all.

every penny helps.
A day off is in order if i can make myself.

i know what u mean Kelly.worked hard in the woods this weekend.both hubby and i .sure was great.
sounds like your garden is going good.sure good garden pictures u have shared.hugs cabi

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:42

here is a couple of photos of me and hubby before my sons wedding.the wedding was very pretty.
then we headed out for the cabin.lots of work got done there gf.hgs cabi
me-ole gal
me-ole gal
gar
gar

tnky03
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 01:24

You look so nice! I'm glad the wedding went well and that you had some good times at the cabin. It's nice when you can put a face to a name. Have a good week.

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 06:03

thanks so much Debbie.see i told u all i was old.lol.u have a wonderful week too at your wonderful cabin.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 06:52

cabingal3 You are a beautiful lady. I love the colors you wore. Glad you are getting to spend some time at your cabin.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 07:20

Oh my gosh Dee what a beautiful dress! You look absolutely gorgeous!!
You're not old at all. my grandma always look better than any woman in the family. she always had herself fixed up no matter what the occasion.
Blue is definitely a good color for you And Santa Claus Is looking pretty sharpe too.
So I guess The groom didn't back out.. did you make him soak his feet in hot water haha

yes I am doing most of this work myself. the joist hangers made all the difference. screw gun easy to work with.
Ceiling tiles most of them just need push back a little in the metal

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 07:32

The two windows and a few other things I'll have to climb the ladder measure And go to town and have them cut I'm going. to use plexiglass this time. tired of replacing the glass windows. it's actually the same price. and the window I think I can put it back on the inside.
I still need to get someone to do those boards on the roof eaves. no way can I climb up there and do that.

The garden is growing very well may have to replant a row of brussel sprouts But everything else is great.
Will take a couple pictures today.

I have a sheet I got from free store. its white and Midway thick linen. I thought of making a Sun dress with it. have some other mending to do. I'm afraid a straight stitch is pretty much all I can do.

Chickens are very happy in thier coop and giving me 3 eggs a day. I let them out to roam the yard every day while I'm working out there. good to get the bugs and all.

You know that there is always something to do.

I tried to go see the kids The day before the 4th of July Used my sons car. front drivers tire rod came off while I was driving through small town. God was with me as I wasn't hurt and vehicle didn't crash. I was able to steer off to the side road I don't speed. had to tow it all the way back home. it's fixed now.
My oldest son and youngest daughter Went and hung out with My middle daughter and little Noah. they sent me some pictures. I was disappointed because I had planned to take all of us on a picnic at the park.
At least no one was hurt and the car is fixed.

Dishes to do today. other odds and ends.
Laundry hanging on the line.
When it dries out have some painting to do Outside.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day And wish we could all sit around the campfire and chat..

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 07:38

screw gun easy to work with.

love them so.
good morning Kelly.i hope your and debbies week is good.
goodness u are busy busy.i cant climb ladders.knees lock and there i am stuck.hee hee.
plexiglass is a good idea.
yur dress sounds a good idea.
there is always something to do.this is surely true.this is why i love the woods and the cabin.
front drivers tire rod came off while I was driving through small town. God was with me as I wasn't hurt and vehicle didn't crash. I was able to steer off to the side road I don't speed. had to tow it all the way back home. it's fixed now.

oh my goodness.glad all is ok and fixed now.
wishing u all a wonderful busy week...but take time to smell the roses.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 20:08

Took the day off went to see The Lone Ranger And have lunch in the park very nice day it was a good movie too

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 22:10

Quoting: silverwaterlady
I love the colors you wore

thank u so much silverwaterlady.
Took the day off went to see The Lone Ranger

oh-kelly.lucky u.i want to see this movie so bad.thanks for letting me know it was good.

hattie
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 23:36

cabingal3: You look so beautiful! I LOVE your dress!!!!

tnky03
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 00:18

Kelly, I am glad you got to have some "fun time". My hubby is wanting to see The Lone Ranger, too. My son and grandson came today and got most of our ceiling insulation put up. They are to come back tomorrow and finish it. Hopefully on hubby's next day off we can get a lot more wall paneling up. We still have to buy floor covering and install it, will probably go with laminate for easy install, LOL. Then we can move the fridge in and gas stove (if I ever find one). I have found several good deal son the stove but they all had electrical features, which we don't want, just a plain one. We also still have two closets to build and a window seat and the bathroom to install and kitchen cabinets. It is beginning to fall together though and I am very glad. I got several strawberries and some cucumbers from the garden today, yum! All the rain we got has really made my garden grow well.

cabingal3
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 06:29

good morning everyone.hattie,thank u so much.
Debbie.u are hubby are doing what gars been working on.the ceiling tiles and the paneling.sure does make a big difference when finishing work is done.
Debbie.i cant wait til we are out on our property to live full time.sometimes i think it may never happen.u are so blessed.
we have tomatoes growing.quite a lot.green beans,and squash....but have not gotten any of these things yet.sure is nice to have things ripe and getting to eat and cook right out of the garden.
we get the grandsons on friday.i am taking them to the aquatic park on sat.i am taking my knitting and wil sit and watch them as long as it takes for them to get their fun out there.
everyone have a wonderful week.hugs cabi.
gar put ruff cut lumber on walls
gar put ruff cut lumber on walls
a.m.,outside my kitchen window
a.m.,outside my kitchen window

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 08:14

Oh! Absolutely gorgeous!
Don't you love that feeling when you get a project done and you look at it and its well done and you did it?!
And you're working on your future home. and it will be paid for and it will belong to you and you can fix it anyway you want.

I am hoping for some produce soon haha I've got lettuce lol
I have some blackberries cooking to make jam right now.

There is on RV Supply place In town. its a aftermarket place but they have all kinds of stuff. little bit of everything. they have a little RV gas stoves that don't have any kind of electrical things to them. would this work? the ones they have a pretty cheap.
Plus they have just about everything that you Find in a camper. which is ideal if you're trying to go off grid or minimal electricity.
I like to shop there once in awhile because they are cheap and its all good quality stuff and I know the people that own it.

Woke up in the middle of the night Throat was on fire. now its going down in my chest. never used to get sick at all.
The last few years if I felt something coming on I will go and buy a whole pineapple and ate the whole thing cut it up fresh. that would knock it out right away.
Also pickled my own beets because I grew them and it was easy to make them and I would usually grow enough to make a big jar. then I would drink the juice few times a day. very good for gallbladder but also to knock out anything. might get some seeds and plant some.

Yes the movie was pretty good I enjoyed it. paid for my admission with pop can money.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 08:21 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

I'm watching the old version of the father of the bride With Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor. it is hilarious

I was thinking how I will do the big canning project this season. I'm going to do it outside on my patio table and the table I put out there to hold wash buckets food whatever.
I'm just going to have pickles and spaghetti sauce and canning And I can do it out there.

Here is a picture of the stairs. going to get wider boards for the steps but this is good for now.
20130708_08.35.41.jpg
20130708_08.35.41.jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 11:08 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

Here is some blueberry jam I made and my homemade chandelier.
I got the chandelier at Goodwill for couple bucks.
pulll the electrical wiring out. Caulked little Globes where the light bulbs went. got those 6 for $1 at thrift store.
Broke long taper candles and half And stuck in there. dont use alcohol or anything like that that burns real hot because the globes will break.

I just took it out of storage to clean it and fix two globes that broke. this is hung up on the ceiling I had it hung with wire on a hook.
You could do this outside just use a chain and hook and maybe solar lighting instead. use the $0.97 solar lights at Walmart.
Easy cheap quick little project. I have this hanging over the table for Thanksgiving dinner last year. it was really pretty.
20130709_09.57.55.jpg
20130709_09.57.55.jpg
20130709_10.53.02..jpg
20130709_10.53.02..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 11:30 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

Okay here it is lit up with the candles. have to fix two globes just lit up to show what it looks like with the candles. the chandelier even came with its own chain
20130709_11.24.20..jpg
20130709_11.24.20..jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 11:45

There is on RV Supply place In town.
sounds like a cool place to browse about.
I have some blackberries cooking to make jam right now.

hello Kelly.no blackberries ripe here yet but soon.there is sure alot of them this year.i am off this morning to an orchard across the way to pick plums to make plum syrup and jam
how do u make your blackberry jam?do u have a recipe??
Woke up in the middle of the night Throat was on fire. now its going down in my chest. never used to get sick at all.

horrible gal.there was some sore throat fix on fb.it was to use vinegar for a sore throat.i use a tea called throat coat.i use it with honey.it is the best stuff.it comes with other teas in a box.one tea is for throat.one tea is for chest congestion and the other for head cold i think.really good trio.i find it at our local grocery store in the health section.
i hope u feel better soon.
The last few years if I felt something coming on I will go and buy a whole pineapple and ate the whole thing cut it up fresh. that would knock it out right away.

sometimes i get terrible indigestion.a pineapple either canned or fresh and drinking the juice sure does fix that indigestion.
fresh pineapples are so wonderful.
Yes the movie was pretty good I enjoyed it. paid for my admission with pop can money

gosh.been so long since we rented a movie on tv or went to the movies.so dog gone costly.sure will like to see alot of them as of late.the new oz one,the hansel and gretel one and the snow white ones.and well there is alot i have not seen.u sure did good to see it on pop can money.cant beat that.

cabingal3
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 11:47

your stairs look good.u did good.and the canning ideas are great.i may have to do this in my woods.i dont even think our little propane stove could build up on jiggle on the canner...even if i put it on both burners.i still have to try that one out to see.

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.