Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / how is your spring going?
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:53

Trollbridge.i heard leave a bottle of wine out almost empty and they flock into the bottle .

Kelly!my goodness.that will be a grandly wonderful birthday to be enjoyed by all.i enjoy just hearing about it.
Debbie-my goodness.the solar sounds wonderful.my hubby is really interested in solar.wow.i never heard of a solar fridge.amazing times we are in.
we sure wish there was someone to come and set us up with solar that cheaply.
so happy u had a wonderful family time camping.it sounds fun.
u all have a lovely day.hugs cabi

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:55

dearest Trollbridge.
here is a link on fruit flies and the wine trap

http://www.ehow.com/how_4511083_rid-fruit-flies-wine.html

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:57

today i am taking the little boys to the aguatic center to ride the waves .
we are getting them back on a regular sleeping schedule now.i had let them stay up for computer time and scary movies.its summer.
well they were fighting cause we got the ps3 back yesterday.
soo.now its normal bedtime.
enrollment for school starts the end of july.
yesterday jesse bought shoes for school.
thank u for having me in your prayers about little faith and her epilepsy.hugs cabi

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 13:24

hey gals.i asked the father of my grandsons point blank-so am i keeping the boys thru school this year.he said no.he just needs one month...in fact he said next paycheck and he will have a place for the boys,and him and the stepmom.
the boys little brother was over.aw.he is so precious.he misses his brothers so much.he sat on my steps and had his arms folded like i am not leaving here with out my brothers.so so cute.he is about 2.such a cutie.so i am free eventually.i dont want to raise more kids but i will help and step up to the plate to keep my grand kids safe and have fun in the process.hee hee.thanks for your prayers ladies.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 19:44

Oh wow on the solar! Can you find golf cart batteries?
I hear they are the best.

Yes much prayers on the baby and the boys situation too.
My grandparents mostly raised us. my mom was only 15 when she married first husband. there were many "dads"..7 in all. a few of them wete pretty decent men and good stepdads. too bad the adults couldnt get along.

I only have the 3 boy grands. 2 are my oldest daughters. one stepson and my first grandchild.
Noah is my middle daughters boy. he is almost 1.5 months. i am very close to him because my daughter never used him as a bargin chip.
My other grands from my oldest daughter i rarely get to see. if oldest daughter is mad at me i dont get to see them. usually because i wont give her something of mine for free.
i have always done all i could for everyone. but being on limited income and age does slow me down a little well i cant do what i used to.
My other kids are like they were as children..easy to care for and loving and unselfish.
My oldest son sam who is 32 and a advertising executive with masters degree almost done..just made salesperson of the day again.
He has always been a wonderful person.
My other 2 daughters are wonderful too and my youngest is my 19 yr old son who is a joy.

Didnt mean to side track lol

here is a pic of me and my twin with my first child sam. he was 6 weeks old.
She and my grandma were my great supports.
In the pic we are just 17.

I hate only being able to be here short times.
My sis is sending me a tablet for our birthday.
I dont know what to get her? she has everything.
I was making cds of me reading stories to her son who is very disabled. he likes them.
Would like to go visit. that will be next on the list.

Today i fixed the backdoor that had come off hinges.
Made more blueberry jam. cleaned house. used some of jam juice to dye white cotton nightgown. came out pretty and shade of light purple.

Sure miss you ladies!
Be back soon as i can
kelly
20130715_16.42.59..jpg
20130715_16.42.59..jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 23 Jul 2013 10:59

pretty pictures of u and your sister kelly.no u didnot get side tracked on writing.i enjoyed reading that of your children.
my sister is the same.she has everything.married a rich fella.i think she spends like 10,000$ a month on her projects of beauty and clothes and well she spends on anything she can think of.
so i think your gift to her is so priceless.
your jam making reminds me of blackberries and how they are ready for the picking.need to make blackberry jam.wil get the grandsons to go with me to pick.also cleaned out the pool for them to play and also making them coffee can stilts as hattie was speaking of.that should keep the boys busy this day.u all have a good day.hugs cabi

tnky03
# Posted: 23 Jul 2013 15:06

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
i have always done all i could for everyone. but being on limited income and age does slow me down

Kelly, I so understand that. Years ago when I was a single mom and working all the time I was able to buy lots of things for my grandchildren and visited often wherever they lived. Older now and with a much lower income I can't buy much, goodness with fifteen grands, it's impossible. I do try and give all I can of myself though and help them enjoy life's simple things. The younger ones love time spent with them. The older ones who used to get more gifts, well maybe not so much. Yesterday had my 9 yr. old granddaughter who had spent the night before. We played Yahtzee and Trouble most of the day while it rained. She was so happy just to have my full attention. Good times.

I am glad you will be getting the tablet so you can "visit" here more often. I much enjoy hearing all your life stories. It sounds like you have a precious family and enjoy them.

used some of jam juice to dye white cotton nightgown

How neat! I used walnut hulls to stain a pair of pants for one of my grandsons to wear for a Civil War Reenactment once. They turned out a nice medium brown. I have also tea-dyed a few things to get that "old" look. I really enjoy doing that sort of thing.

Quoting: cabingal3
she spends like 10,000$ a month on her projects of beauty and clothes

Oh my! I can't even imagine having that kind of money just to spend for whatever.

I hoe you all have a good day. It is so hot and humid here in KY today, just seems to drain all the energy out of me, lol.

Can you find golf cart batteries?

The batteries the Amish guy had were 6 volt, not sure if they were golf cart or not. He had about ten hooked up and a bunch of panels on his store. I hope we can get a system in within a couple of months here.

cabingal3
# Posted: 24 Jul 2013 17:07

dear Debbi and Kelly.i would not even know what to buy if i had that kind of money to spend.i would hope hubby could retire now n i would purchase a dump truck load of yarn and canning jars.ha ha ha..
to my opinion.spending time with them,teaching them some of the old ways before all the electronics and loving kids,grandkids,grown kids is about the best thing u could ever share.
i sure would love to do those old civil war re-enactments.
they have them here in this town we live in.sure fun to go to.
sorry i am late gals.i had computer troubles.i am on gars computer right now.i am wishing all a great day.heading out to fix dinner.

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 10:44 - Edited by: cabingal3

here is the coffee can stilts i made the kids.so far they have been weapons to sling and kill each other.lol.and they never put their shoes on to be on these things.i would fall off and break my legs doing this.lol.
here is the game monsters.day and nite.lol.
homemade fun
homemade fun
gaming
gaming

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 10:48

i have dyed easter eggs with beet juice.i sure know if u have black walnut husks u will have a darkly dyed project...what ever it may be.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 27 Jul 2013 18:37

Hey I'm back for just a minute. borrowing wifi again lol

those are great stilts what a neat idea I will have to try that.

Trying to post pictures before my phone goes out completely.

For my birthday I am going to hotel where my kids are and spend the night we will go to the beach do some shopping have fun. that is my birthday present to myself.

I so wish we could all sit by the campfire drink hot chocolate tea coffee whatever and just chat.
My neighbors are all busy with the farming right now they walk by or go by in buggies or pick ups.
They wave but never stop to chat. i will have to walk down.
I got the front and back door painted. need to do the porch now. different odds and ins
Garden is starting to put out some beautiful produce and I am eating it haha. also just replanted carrots lettuce onions and potatoes.

All children seem to want is your time and attention too bad many parents today are too busy to provide it that's what grandparents seem to be for.

I am looking forward to seeing my kids and my little grandson Noah.
Okay here are some pictures
20130727_13.34.51..jpg
20130727_13.34.51..jpg
20130727_13.36.22..jpg
20130727_13.36.22..jpg
20130727_14.11.52..jpg
20130727_14.11.52..jpg
20130727_11.00.48..jpg
20130727_11.00.48..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 27 Jul 2013 18:42

Few more
20130727_10.59.33..jpg
20130727_10.59.33..jpg
20130727_11.00.44..jpg
20130727_11.00.44..jpg
20130726_07.40.55..jpg
20130726_07.40.55..jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 10:13

Grandma Off Grid.are u gonna make some pickles with your cukes?? u are sure getting a lot of produce.love the pics.
your birthday gift to yourself is going to be so much fun and wonderful.
well on kids and spending time with them.i try to get them away from those video games.
they are with dad right now...but will be back today.missed them but a break was nice.hope u have a lovely birthday and a wonderful sunday.hgs cabi

tnky03
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 20:00

Kelly, I hope you have a great birthday! Enjoy the beach for me, it's been a few years since I've been. You pics of the garden produce look so good. We are to get some rain tomorrow, hopefully will cause my watermelons to grow, grow, grow. I can hardly wait for them to get ready! It is to drop to 54 degrees here tonight, unseasonably cool for this time of year here. That will make for some good sleeping, lol.

Denise, I'm glad you got a little respite. Grandmas need a little time to charge their batteries as the little ones sure take a lot of energy.

I hope this next week we can get some work done on our cabin. It has been hectic lately. My hubby's oldest sis, 64 has just learned her lung cancer has spread to not only liver, bones and spine but also several areas in her brain. She is in a lot of pain, very sad. She was primary caregiver for their widowed mom, so now hubby and one other sis must take up the slack. Someone stays with her most of the time due to her dementia and loneliness. I'm sure many changes coming before long for the family.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and that many are being able to spend time at their cabins.

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jul 2013 10:33

Quoting: tnky03
We are to get some rain tomorrow, hopefully will cause my watermelons to grow, grow, grow.

hey gal.i hope ur watermelons grow and grow.even small ones can be good.they say we are suppose to get rain.i hope so.i would like for God to water my garden.
it cools down every nite here.it is so nice to go to sleep with coolness.sometimes our house is hot from me canning though.
Quoting: tnky03
Denise, I'm glad you got a little respite. Grandmas need a little time to charge their batteries as the little ones sure take a lot of energy.

thank u Debbie.yes.we had a wonderful weekend.now I am waiting for my buddies.i hope the dad brings them.if not all is well.it means they are over at the house with five other children plus the boys and their little brother.so the more the merrier.
I was going to take the 10 yr to vbs today.he would probably only go one day.and then tomorrow we are picking berries and wed.going to watch zombie movies and eating tacobell.i am trying to plan things out more for the boys.like they can be on my computer but now they have to do learning for school sites.they wont be happy on this.tee hee.
I am so so sorry about your sil.that is so horrid.they are in my prayers.gosh.getting old is not easy.i am so so sorry for her.and your brother.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 15:42 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

Hi just back for a minute.Very sorry about sister in law.
Caregiving is very very hard on the caregiver.
Seems like weekly i hear about another caregiver going through this. i have been thru it myself.

here is pics of todays harvest. i get this about once a week. this batch going to kids in city.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 15:45

Just tickled and praise the Lord
CAM00026.jpg
CAM00026.jpg
CAM00025.jpg
CAM00025.jpg
CAM00022.jpg
CAM00022.jpg
CAM00016.jpg
CAM00016.jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 15:53

Its been cold here too it's been raining all day also.I had to look at the calendar to make sure it was the end of July! Lol
CAM00019.jpg
CAM00019.jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 17:38

your garden is so pretty.wow.everything is huge.how nice.u are so lucky.

tnky03
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 13:04

All that produce looks great! My garden is so cry. My rainwater in tanks for watering has depleted . It is supposed to rain today, hope it's à good one. I've been getting à few tomatoes and cukes at à time and some hands full of strawberries. There will be yellow squash and zucchini ready soon. I have been busy this week going through totes in storage and hauling things to à friends who is doing à yard sale. Got rid oh à bunch of stuff, thankfully. Am taking all the extra clothes to goodwill, lol. À bit more to be rid of.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 13:51

Debbie.i am like u.getting pear maters and roma's.small beefstake ones,green beans.the squash is peeking up over its container.
my little grandsons are needing a lot of help in math.thank the lord for the computer.found a site where I can sit by them and see what and where they are in math.i tried to fix dinner last nite and run between dinner fixing and them on their math site.doesnot work.i am learning with them.
oh Debbie.i love zucchini.i may have to go to a farm out here that sells and buy some.i love zucchini patties...with rice.i grate zucchini up and add chopped up onions,garlic and soy sauce.what ever I can find to season it.then I add eggs.of course at first after grating the zucchini I squeeze out the juice.then add all the goodies nd fry.serve over rice.so good.yes.i hear ya.always yading stuff out of here.u all have a wonderful weekend.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 16:17 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

Hey girlsI am still bumming wifi.But I find I am getting more done without the internet on.Lots of cleaning and painting and fixing things
Here is a picture or two of me with my produce of one week I am getting this every weekDoesn't count all the other stuff just picked this morning a lot I'm overwhelmed but very very blessed.The green beans are cooked with onions and soy sauce and eating right away and theCucumbersWill be made into pickles tomorrow.Sure miss you guys
CAM00029.jpg
CAM00029.jpg
CAM00031.jpg
CAM00031.jpg
CAM00032.jpg
CAM00032.jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 16:25 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

Ps Had a great birthday overnight nice hotel big comfy bed got time with my kids and grandson Noah.
Mom sent me a big bouquet of flowers and balloon.My twin sister sent me a big box with a bath towel And some beautiful pajamas. and Some of my grandma's jewelry.Sent her a big box of fancy coffee and chocolate cookies and coffee mug candle and so on.
It was not a bad day to turn 50 lol
Son Went with me to hotel.He had a great time too

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 13:57

I am getting more done without the internet on

hey gal.i am jealous.i want to live off the grid in the woods.get my hubby an old fashioned typewriter and have him send the books he
writes into his publisher.the old fashioned way.i admire u are off.

we miss u.i check everyday to see if u are on.yay.u were on.whee.
gosh.lots of wonderful produce.u are so smart to do all of that growing.right now the grandsons are enjoying our grapes.they are coming on.the green seedless kind.i am grateful for anything we don't have to go to the store for.your flowers are wonderful.
happy birthday to u.glad it was a wonderful time gal.
u take care.come on when u can.hugs cabi.

manny
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 14:06

Happy birthday,GOG

tnky03
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 16:00

Goodness, it's been a while since I've had a chance to be on here much at all! I have missed all the conversations. Kelly, I am so glad you had a fun birthday.

It got down to 50 degrees last night here in KY! This weather is so very unusual for the summer months. My garden is beginning to supply us with plenty of produce, not huge amounts but plenty for us. I am already thinking ahead to preparing beds for winter and having some green cover crops.

We are making some progress on our cabin, not nearly as much as I wish, but a lot of things going on in the family with my sis in law's illness. I will get some pics to share soon. We should get the bedroom closets done hopefully by next week and will only lack floor coverings in there. With a lots of extra expenses we may opt to "deal with" plain sub floors for a while until we can afford that. With cold weather not too far out now we are just trying to get it livable.

Tomorrow I will be helping my daughter move and clearing some of my stuff stored in her garage. More and more I see way too much "stuff" that needs to be gotten rid of. We will be going out of town with some of our grands this Sat. so not much time to work at home.

It has been so nice seeing several folks progress on their places. I am always looking for ideas, too. Everyone have a great weekend.

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 01:14

hey Debbie.glad u found your way back to us.
its been pretty warm here still.the nites here in Portland,ore.always cool off.next week its in the 80's all week.i am getting a lot of green beans and mater.
I pray for your poor sil.will love to see any photos u have.i miss my land and my cabin.u are so lucky to live on your land now.to be right there day and nite to work on it.we had to do this too.the plain sub flooring situation.
cant wait to see yur pics.
we are going to the cabin in a few days and hauling a mess of furniture down there.i am excited.we are furnishing our living room at the cabin and hauling a chest of drawers to store a lot of unsightly things in.
well have fun with the grandkids.sure love them.
my grandsons and I made it thru the summer.they went back tonite to go with dad and step mom.i had to cook so much.they grew taller and I grew wider.i was cooking every second.well now we can get back to our budget,to us and to our health and cabin plans and our life.walking,drinking water and trying to keep on going.i will say I did a lot of getting up and down tending to all.so in a weird way...I count this as exercise.
hope u have a lovely weekend.hugs cabi

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 01:17

Kelly and Deb.my fil just got out of surgery on Thursday.he had bladder cancer.what a day and age.u go in and have surgery for cancer and he went home that day.they got it all.praise the Lord.
my commercial fisherman son has been calling me more and more.my other boy calls me.they are good boys now.they are men.good men.i am proud.
here is my sons boat.forgive me if I already shared this.
stever
stever

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 18:07 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

Hey girls how I miss you! Sounds like everyone is getting along. Good news about fil and surgery! The boat is gorgeous.
Its been cooler than normal here too. Lots of produce. Made pickles and am drying corn and squash. I got my dehydrator for 2.50$ at fleat mart. It works good. Just uses a light bulb. Has 2 big trays and little cups.
Cooked Swiss chard last night it comes out like spinach. My arm is much better now.
I built this cat hutch today for mom and kittens. Also here is my outdoor camp light. Cut wires out and caulked holders in. Put wad of tp in place where bulbs went. Add small amount of heet. Or gas treatment and light it burns long time. I will paint it later.
Miss you ladies!

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 18:09

Dang it file too large. Will try to downsize and repost. These pics from tablet

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.