Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / how is your spring going?
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 10:43

hope u get a grand daughter Kelly.
sorry about bugs on your plants.our thing here is big old nasty slugs.i go about snipping them all in half with scizzors.
well i am glad u gave us tips about the tobbacco and putting them on and around plants.
i hope your kids come and celebrate your b.d. wth u.
menopause...is when i lost my mind.ha ha ha.its never come back.
cant remember a thing.
my ten year old grandson told me last nite...i need to go to the dollar store nammy.i said why buddy.he said i need candy.oh that got me tickled.i said candy??? why do u need candy?he said cause i have not had any for a while.i said i got u ice cream cones.he said its not the same.snicker.

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 10:44

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
PS.. still sick with a chest cold is kicking my butt
got a bunch of medicines trying everything I know it is just wearing me out. hoping few more days it will be gone. got a bad tooth its giving me a heck too.
I have faith that it will all clear up before too long.

oh man.sometimes it just takes time.sitting,waiting and hoping the to know the point when u have to go to the doctor is not fun.
i wish u healing and getting well really soon.

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 10:53

oh my gosh.kelly.the worst job.scraping off floors and pulling up carpets.not in that order.hee hee.
good luck.hope u get yourself well first.if u have a chest cold-breathing all that stuff cant be good.
sure i would love to see your facebook wall.thanks.
let me go look at your 200 sq.ft room and the stage.hugs cabi.

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 10:55

thats a pretty cool place where u live.grand kids can have a wonderful time at your home.play the drums on stage.run about discovering everything.
wood floors.pretty nice.have a great day.
get well.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 18:46

Just a quick post.. borrowing wifi

here is picture I took of garden this morning
20130714_12.21.16..jpg
20130714_12.21.16..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 18:48

Miss you ladies hope to be back soon. trying to decide if I want to get a different phone.

I actually did the stairs about A few years ago just never got around to painting them. what a mess

the upstairs is a ballroom it is 2000 square foot that doesn't count the very large bedroom with French doors . place was a steal.

Okay you guys have A good week hope to see you soon

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 Jul 2013 08:59

oh my gosh.Kelly.i said 200 sq.feet.
2000 sq.feet.wow.thats some kind of place u have there.
thank u for sharing your garden.its doing very goood.
the boys and i are going to pick plums today and then tomorrow to camp meeting and then wed.i take them home.
u have a good day.hope u are getting well.

tnky03
# Posted: 15 Jul 2013 12:05

Wow Kelly, that's a lot of space to clean! Denise, enjoy your day with the boys picking plums. I know you'll miss them when they have to go home. Well, the meeting with our new grandbaby, Audrey Claire went well. The best part was I got to hold her most of the visit. My share of the raspberries we picked and shared with friends was four jars of beautiful jam. I can't wait to taste it on hot biscuits.

I picked up posts and quickrete today so we can finally get a clothesline put up. It will be so nice to be able to hang things out in the sun again. We have also GOT to get a chicken house built, as our hens are growing and will soon be too big for their cage.

Fun, fun days as I anticipate the cabin being finish and work on other projects and in my garden. How very blesses I am.
baby Audrey
baby Audrey
the view from cabin dining area window
the view from cabin dining area window

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 11:00

oh my gosh .Debbie.your grand baby is beautiful.shes so pretty.i loved holding mine grand daughter too.she is six months old.so fun.
ladies.i picked plums.the boys are nite owls.its there time to be on the computers playing their games.
so i ran and picked plums yesterday.today i dig thru and find more lids out in my shed.
debbie.i am so excited for u.getting the chicken coup done and having chickens and so many wonderful things.my dream to be at our cabin working our land.gosh.fun to read everyones postings on all they are always doing.
thanks for sharing such good things to read and dream on.

well today i am making a chocolate cake for my boys and canning.
i had a crazy idea for an invention.
u know i thought gosh.wouldnt it be great to have a device like a glue gun only in the glue gun is the sealant they use on canning lids.this would put our canning lids situation in the ladies hands.
any jar lid u could turn into a sealable lid.gosh.dont know how to do this idea but sure is one i would love to have.a glue gun that squirts out rubber to make rings on any jar lid u purchase...

well off i go.wishing all u gals a wonderful day.
p.s.-i may be keeping the boys for the summer.hugs cabi

tnky03
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 12:30

Denise, what a great idea! That would be a real savings for many. I really think many more people are gardening now, even if in small areas. Probably for a two-fold reason, to save money and to have healthy foods to eat.

Thank you, of coarse we think she is beautiful, too. I'll bet the boys love being there with you. Enjoy your cake, yum chocolate! We went to hubby's moms last night to help celebrate her 85th. birthday and brought home some chocolate cake, too. That will be a treat later today. Hubby was up sick last night and is home from work today and is sleeping. I am taking advantage of this "quiet time" by catching up on emails and such.

Everyone have a great day.

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 16:18

happy birthday to hubbys mom.aw.
oh poor mister.sick .glad he is getting rest.
she is a pretty one.
my little new grand daughter has epilepsy.she is 6 month s old and has had three seizures.my son and dil took her up to the hospital and said she has it.it happened with her first immunization.
we do have epilepsy in the family on hubbys side.
my grandsons are fun.they are so fun.when small they grabbed our hearts.when older.they just still make us laugh.such joys.u have a nice day.hugs cabi.

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 16:23

oh my gosh.Debbie.that is some glorious view u have looking out your window.soo pretty.love it.makes me think of the song with the words -I can see for miles and miles.
here is my view.
i think i need to clean the windows in the cabin!
out my kitchen
out my kitchen

tnky03
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 17:50

Quoting: cabingal3
my little new grand daughter has epilepsy

I am so sorry to hear this about your grandbaby. It is such a scary thing to watch someone seize. Will she have to take medication?

I love the wooded view from your kitchen window! I love woods, lol. Hubby tells people I would love to live so deep in the woods you couldn't see daylight. He, on the other hand likes to "see out". My kitchen window view looks out at our woods that are about 50 ft. away but the fields are so grown up with weeds, doesn't look too good.

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Jul 2013 11:58

Quoting: tnky03
Will she have to take medication?

oh gordy.my kids.my son is praying and fasting on this subject of her being healed or taking medication.i dont know which gal...as he asked me if its ok for him to smoke while he prays n fasts.
i tried to be smooth and just asked him "if u had to be out on the ocean and had an elileptic fit and it messed up your fishing and could cause the crew some problems-would u take the medication??he said he read up on how it causes people to want to kill themselves.i thought well a baby is not gonna climb to get a knife to kill herself.i have to honor him and his choices.i asked him what his new wife thought.he said she wants to give the baby her medication.i agree with the wife.she is being silent for a time.i have to be too.i am praying my son comes to his senses on this.
all veiws of where ever there is space gf looks wonderful to me...be it the desert,the mts,the flat lands.just space.
here is our meadow in winter.looks like tunrda.hee hee.
just as long as i have peace and quiet.and nature about.whee.hugs and have a wonderful day Debbie on your farm and cabin .hugs cabi.
new meadow
new meadow

cabingal3
# Posted: 18 Jul 2013 10:27

morning to Kelly and to Debbie.wishing u a great day.here making jellies.tending the boys as in keeping them fed and not killing each other.hee hee.have a good day.

tnky03
# Posted: 18 Jul 2013 13:58

Quoting: cabingal3
she is being silent for a time.i have to be too

What a hard thing it is for a Grandma to remain silent as parents make serious choices and decisions regarding the grandchildren. I pray the make the right decision for her.

I loved your meadow pic! It has been so hot here and humid that a few days of frozen tundra sound pretty good to me, lol.

I made a blackberry/raspberry combo cobbler yesterday. I must say it was so very good, too. I need to get back to the berry patch for more berries but has just been so hot and I don't dare go while hubby is at work for fear I'd get on a snake. I am terrified of them.

I did some more mulching this morning in the garden and some flower beds. I found some little watermelons growing and saw that my potatoes are growing out above the fifth tire I have stacked around them I can hardly wait to see if there are many potatoes growing in the stack.

Enjoy your boys today. I think my daughter is bringing her three youngest over in a bit. I offered to have them a while so she could have a break, lol. They love digging in the mulch pile for red worms and feeding them to the chickens. I think the chickens enjoy it more though, lol.
my future delicious watermelons
my future delicious watermelons
potatoes growing above the 5th tire
potatoes growing above the 5th tire

cabingal3
# Posted: 18 Jul 2013 14:36

I pray the make the right decision for her.

thanks Debbie.thanks so much.
I made a blackberry/raspberry combo cobbler yesterday

oh man.that sounds good.been making jelly still.need to get going today on this jelly making adventure.
I'd get on a snake. I am terrified of them

oh gal.me too.i watch naked and afraid and one of the tv crew got bit by a fur de lance snake.i had never heard of them.oh my gosh.his whole foots flesh was showing down to all the bones of the foot.it was a terrible bite.
thank the Lord we dont have to worry about those kinds of snakes here in america.or Canada.
oh my gosh.i cant wait to use tires and grow taters.thats so wonderful Debbie.and melons.wow.i cant wait to garden at our woods.of course we will have to get some real soil.not pumice.

They love digging in the mulch pile for red worms and feeding them to the chickens. I think the chickens enjoy it more though, lol.

ha ha ha.thats so cute.enjoy ur grandchildren too.and u have a wonderful day.hugs cabi.

cabingal3
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 09:02

my grandbaby at the wedding.such a sweetie.
faith
faith

tnky03
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 12:42

Oh, she is a little doll!

cabingal3
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 15:42

ty Debbie.u have a wonderful weekend.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 19:14

Trying to post pictures on borrow wifi like a junkie
20130718_15.38.21..jpg
20130718_15.38.21..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 17:24

The above is my outdoor hot water to wash hands While working. its a coffee pot my sister bought me a go I couldn't find the cord I filled it with cold water in the morning couple hours later it was almost too hot to use and this is with no cord just the Sun heating it

sure have missed you ladies! the babies are gorgeous and I am so jealous!

I have to borrow wifi and my phone is just about shot so I'm going to try to post as many pictures as I can

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 17:26 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

First off I wanted to say also that the daddies instincts are good about the seizures. if no organic reason can be found it is possible the vaccines are the cause. please do some reading on it and encourage him to do so also! I think his instincts are right on.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 17:30

Okay here's some pictures also wanted to say I took your advice made the food pantry out of the old tool closet by the kitchen. it works great and I move the tool closet to the front foyer by the front door which is better
20130721_11.03.44..jpg
20130721_11.03.44..jpg
20130721_10.55.36..jpg
20130721_10.55.36..jpg
20130721_10.16.16..jpg
20130721_10.16.16..jpg
20130721_10.15.18..jpg
20130721_10.15.18..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 18:08

First picture above and a better use for pantyhose store your onions in them!
20130721_10.12.34..jpg
20130721_10.12.34..jpg
20130716_14.02.32..jpg
20130716_14.02.32..jpg
20130716_08.31.07..jpg
20130716_08.31.07..jpg
20130721_10.13.30..jpg
20130721_10.13.30..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 18:09

I will be back shortly as soon as I get this phone fixed or get a different one Sure do miss you ladies!

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 19:22

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
The above is my outdoor hot water to wash hands While working.

now here is a good idea.thanks for this kelly
goodness.gf.thats a wonderful garden.we have some ripe maters.we should have some green beans but the squash is not going too good.
i love the panty hose onion idea.seen that before somewhere but sure good one.thanks for this.love the garden produce.its wonderful to have food growing right out your back door.
think my grandsons will be living with me and my hubby thru out this coming school year.there dad has no home and has to move in with someone to save money.so i think the grandsons are mine for this year.have a wonderful evening.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 20:04

Oh wow what a great oppty for all of you. challenges for sure but i am jealous. i have my place all fixed up but never any company. all kids in city with car trouble.
For my birthday i am going there and rent nice hotel room. most of kids will be there if i have to pick them up. they will be on same street as hotel.
We will swim and have pizza!
I will pick up cake. it will be fun.

I will put your situation on my prayer board.
Many hugs to you and yours!

tnky03
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 00:14

Denise, I will keep you in my prayers, as well. It kinda robs a Grandma of the fun when we must step up into the parent role for a time. We had four of ours for two years. I wouldn't trade the bond we formed for anything, yet there were many stressful times. Kelly is right, you do have a great opportunity to be an influence for your boys. I hope their dad finds a home soon and can get on his feet better. These times are very hard for many.

Kelly, your garden looks so great! We are having some produce from ours but it has done very well and tomatoes are small. My corn is tasseling but only about 4 ft. tall, lol. Maybe next year will be better.

We had a good weekend camping with three of our kids and four of the grands, along with one of hubby's sisters and her kids and grands. It was nice just to relax and swim in the lake, relax and visit with family.

We were back in Amish country and stopped at a new store they have there. Solar is a specialty there and the fellow will come and install our system for $150! The best part is he has all the equipment and supplies there and is available if any problems and we can get a good small system, 230 watt panel, mppt controller, large inverter that auto shuts off when not using power and two six volt batteries for just at $1000. Another panel and batteries can be added, though we will try and get 4 batteries to start out with. He had a huge 12 volt refrigerator/freezer for $2200 but we can't afford that at this time. He said he is selling solar stuff as fast as he can get it in and to many who aren't Amish. They are mostly honest people and that is worth a lot.

Well, I hope all had a good weekend and that the coming week will be a great one.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:37 - Edited by: trollbridge

Hey ladies!
Hope you are all doing well-enjoying summer too, I hope

I have a quickie question, I thought one of you may have an answer.
Any quick "at home" solutions for fruit flies? Had a tomato go soft on the counter and now it's invasion of the fruit flies

Thanks in advance for your time!

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.