Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My project
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 15 Jul 2023 10:47

Waiting for 2 land owners to sign and notarize easements. Spoke to them both, more than happy, one will have it today, other by Monday. I am inline now, but those easements need to be in when its time to start, see no issues at all.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 16 Aug 2023 14:03

At property now. Easements closed issue now. Met with PUD crew. What a nice bunch. Felt as if ive known them for years.

All my work went off without a hitch. Contractor who plows wire in was here at the same time. They all know each other, grew up here, school together erc.

Ive done other touches too. Photos on hand. Will post up with commentary thursday. Pull out 0500 in the am headed home.

Some wildfire smoke in the area but from the only fire in my state now and no threat to me. So been a mild quiet fire season

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Aug 2023 14:48

Some pictures
larger TV installed
larger TV installed
official full park ranger uniform pants coat and cap
official full park ranger uniform pants coat and cap
new stove install completed, works great
new stove install completed, works great
ride for the brand
ride for the brand

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Aug 2023 14:50

few more
horseshoepitroughedin
horseshoepitroughedin
rules and scoreboard
rules and scoreboard
bear will kill ya
bear will kill ya
pitlocation
pitlocation

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Aug 2023 15:00

Ok, met with PUD crew and 2 engineers along with contractor who will be plowing it in. They all coordinated their visit at the same time. What a great bunch, every one of them, real salt of the earth. All details hashed out, weather was too warm/dry so wait for a little rain, expected next week. Then in goes my power. I saw it the last time without power.

Backhoe comes in, digs a 4 foot by 4 foot hole, 36" deep, sets in transformer vault, runs conduit to my stub section, pushed wire through, hook up, install meter and close it up.

One more expense for the guy plowing in wire, 700 to most gear in place and 1.75 a foot to bury. Power company is paid in full.

I will get updates along the way and as soon as its finalized, I will zip back over and tie in cabin. I have already trenched in the wire, inside 1" gray conduit, 2 feet deep, 10AWG 3 wire with ground, 30A double pole breaker, feeding my sub panel in cabin. Grounds and neutrals separated already. Wire ran into panel, under foundation, just terminated both ends.

After I get the word, I may or may not run out again. Not sure.

Next project in spring with be running loads of wire underground to several campsites, cutting in 2 more campsites and spreading lots of gravel.

Now looking for a small refrigerator/freezer now. Looking forward to some ice cream at the cabin.
riser to meter installed
riser to meter installed
closed up ready for power
closed up ready for power
loading up for early start home
loading up for early start home

ICC
# Posted: 18 Aug 2023 09:46

Good ice cream is wonderful. Alas, there are too many inferior brands.

Looking great!. Looks like a FS campground. Can I make a reservation online?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 18 Aug 2023 22:59

Quoting: ICC
Good ice cream is wonderful

Getting excited, looking at 4.5 CF fridge freezer combos now. Magic Chef

Nobadays
# Posted: 19 Aug 2023 09:14

Looks great!

Ice cream.....We are 34 miles from the nearest town, 22 of that rough dirt road, and nearly 2000' higher. We have brought Ice cream up a few times. It melts a lot during the 1+ hour drive ven in a cooler and the lids always pop as the contents swells... altitude? We both grab a spoon and eat the top off immediately! Haven't tried dry Ice but are told a separate cooler with dry ice is the way to go.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Aug 2023 23:15

Yes, dry ice in its own cooler, frozen items only. I was camping and picking up some stuff from a store, parked in back by loading area and delivery guy offered up some dry ice. You bet, tossed it into my cooler, everything froze solid, milk, melted prior ice water...

Perfect to get frozen items up.

ICC
# Posted: 20 Aug 2023 00:32 - Edited by: ICC

Way back about 20 years ago I bought an ARB fridge/freezer. For camping I set it to freezer and froze small square water jugs in it. I rotated those into an Xtreme insulated cooler with fresh foods and cold brew. The ARB had enough room for a few frozen steaks and... ice cream. Nothing like camping out in the desert and enjoying a cold beer with grilled steak and mushrooms followed by a delicious serving of ice cream.

The ARB made ice like a perpetual ice machine but we always ran out of ice cream.

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Aug 2023 12:04

Sounds like you needed a small ice cream maker

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 22 Aug 2023 08:39

OK, Home Depot had the perfect sized fridge on sale for $199.95, 4.5 CF Magic Chef, bought it online, will pick up no later than this weekend. Getting ahead of myself here. LOL.

OK, have looking into ice cream machines, added a few to my cart. I am going to probably get one.
fridge.png
fridge.png

Nobadays
# Posted: 22 Aug 2023 09:07

Electricity, a marvelous thing!

I helped design and install solar for my neighbor a couple years ago.... he's been doing the same thing.... bought a small electric fridge, electric vacuum, got a Margherita blender, put up some flood lights.... those things weren't on the original energy audit! Glad I saw it coming and over-sized his storage and panels!

gcrank1
# Posted: 22 Aug 2023 12:13

Funny how the marketeers can make thing look; that pic sure looks to be bigger inside than the 4.5cf Heier we have!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 25 Aug 2023 10:06

Quoting: gcrank1
that pic sure looks to be bigger inside than the 4.5cf Heier we have!

gcrank, what is your opinion on the 4.5cf, is it suitable for cabin life? Does it work out for you? I dont want the smaller, but dont want the 10.0 as space is at a premium

Nate R
# Posted: 25 Aug 2023 14:47

I have a 7.6 in my cabin, and am finding it's more than enough for my wife and I. Can cool drinks, keep a frozen pizza in the freezer (barely), and have enough room for our food.

https://www.galanz.com/us/?page_id=2335

-Nate

ICC
# Posted: 25 Aug 2023 20:19 - Edited by: ICC

I used to have a 4.5 cu ft and it was good. For a few days at a time and 2 people it was sufficient, but did not have much freezer space. Now I have a 7.something cu ft with a more usable freezer. As well as the larger freezer I like more space inside the fridge section as I have less shifting of the contents when looking for something.It does use more electricity but it has an efficiency rating better than most.

gcrank1
# Posted: 26 Aug 2023 10:15

The 4.5cf would have really been overkill for the two of us, and without grid I would of had to increase and refine my solar system to run it all the time so it would be ready whenever we choose to go.
Imo, the 7.5ish would be a better choice since the footprint isnt much larger nor is the marginal increase in energy use. Might even be worthwhile to run the numbers on a 10cf also, just because.
Find or mock-up a carboard? box of the outside dimensions and stick it where you propose the fridge to go to get a real 3D sense of it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 31 Aug 2023 08:17

Well, had a good rain yesterday, I suspect the fire danger has went way down. But I have power in 2 weeks or less. I may make a quick weekend run over to tie it into the grid. Keep you posted.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 31 Aug 2023 11:05

Congratulations on all the improvements. Your place looks very nice

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Oct 2023 08:49 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Not much to add, but got word I am scheduled for power next week, unless something comes up. I am not certain I will go over and "trim out" the ends. Feed to cabin is all buried underground, one end inside interior panel, other end is buried about a foot from the base of the meter/load center combo.

I have my panel all prepped as a sub panel, ie grounds and neutrals not bonded. Its only going to be a 30A 220V feeding the cabin.

Anyway, I probably wont have pictures unless local pal sends me a few. Otherwise, power it up in spring unless I am feeling energetic to make a quick drive over there.

gcrank1
# Posted: 12 Oct 2023 10:44

I wouldnt be able to keep away

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 29 Nov 2023 15:50

Power is in, closed issue. Crew arrived at 7AM and was offloading equipment was done by noon they are still there just grooming the roads where they cut in, 3 places they crossed the road clearing the ditch. They plowed into the ditch, down 3 feet its all encased in 3" conduit just shy of 30K volts. Junction box at my fence line, transformer next to meter base (10 feet or so)

Cut fence to cut through property, didnt want to mess my nice gravel drives. I wont see it till spring. Neighbor pal will mend the fenceline.

I may get some pictures.

ICC
# Posted: 29 Nov 2023 16:22

Cool!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 08:39

Playing with silly stuff in my cabin offseason.
2311_Double_J.png
2311_Double_J.png
231102_Double_J.png
231102_Double_J.png
231103_Double_J.png
231103_Double_J.png
231104_Double_J.png
231104_Double_J.png

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 08:40

few more
231105_Double_J.png
231105_Double_J.png
231106_Double_J.png
231106_Double_J.png
231107_Double_J.png
231107_Double_J.png
231108_Double_J.png
231108_Double_J.png

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 08:41

And the last one. The barbed wire makes it hard for embroidered patches, I like several designs.

You have a vote.
231109_Double_J.png
231109_Double_J.png

Nobadays
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 09:32

Barbed wire really sets it off though...

gcrank1
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 10:59

Fwiw, I like bold letters, ime they show better after embroidery, the finer ones seem to get lost.

ICC
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 12:40

231102_Double_J.png

-izzy

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.