Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My project
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 .
jsahara24
# Posted: 7 Dec 2023 13:30

I like 1104...

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 8 Dec 2023 08:23

Quoting: ICC
231102_Double_J.png

-izzy

Have a poll at work also and that is by far, the most popular by a long shot.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Dec 2023 18:38 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Well, got a few pictures, just of the road condition after the plow came by. May have to groom it slightly after its all settled back in place.

It crossed the road in 3 places, last one, you can see a vault just inside my fenceline. I will need to do some dirt work in the ditch too.

All I will have till spring.
power crossing road from source vault
power crossing road from source vault
crossing road at sharp turn
crossing road at sharp turn
up spur into my property
up spur into my property

ICC
# Posted: 10 Dec 2023 08:43

Appears to be a predominantly young forest. From previous timber logging or more recent thinning?

paulz
# Posted: 10 Dec 2023 11:18

TMT, Finally got a screen big enough (at the cabin) to go back and review all 17 pages of your thread. Good way to spend Sunday morning. You’re one of the few I still see posting who’s been here longer than me (2010 vs 12 or 13..).

Glad you’re still at it!

Paul

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 Dec 2023 16:58

ICC, the entire area was logged probably thinned 30+ years ago, what was left is now the bigger timber. The rest is just natural reprod stuff. Minus all the real small thick stuff taken out (ground up) from my thinning in 2019. In my very first picture of my cabin foundation, its amazing to see how much the trees have grown since from where I started.

Paulz, yea, I thought after the cabin, I was done posting, but in reality, that was where is really took off. I just figured I could work/decorate the land into a theme and it just grew legs and took off. Still a ways to go.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Dec 2023 16:02

OK finalized my logo/design, colors flipped, designer is making me an 8 foot long sign using heavy gauge sheet metal and a plasma cutter for my gate. He photoshopped it onto my gate.
final
final
sign photoshopped on gate
sign photoshopped on gate

gcrank1
# Posted: 11 Dec 2023 16:13

Sweet

ICC
# Posted: 11 Dec 2023 18:03

Do you have a color picked for the gate sign? Or maybe COR-TEN steel?

-izzy

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Dec 2023 07:50 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Izzy, I want to do the gate itself in the forest service green, found a perfect match, Spring Green" from Krylon.

As for the sign, I would like it to just rust, its bare metal, so will go fast. So your corten, you have the right idea.
spring_green.jpg
spring_green.jpg

gcrank1
# Posted: 12 Dec 2023 10:41

Maybe degrease it and wipe down with vinegar to get a start going?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 24 Dec 2023 11:35

Got my first power bill, was only half a billing cycle, $20. Have account number now, set up in my bankeronline now and with a single mouse click, the check is in the mail. I may scan and copy the bill, blot out the important info, kinda of a milestone, my first power bill over there. The biggest investment I made short of buying the 2, 20 acre lots being a little more each, but not much.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Jan 2024 08:32

OK, embroidered patches next phase after final design chosen.
Embroidered patch design
Embroidered patch design

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 08:43 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

OK, only source of heat at my cabin is woodstove. Now that electricity is in place, I am thinking of maybe a 4 or 6 foot 220V electric baseboard heater with thermostat on one end. Found one that has an "off" position too.

I cant set it so if the fire goes out and cabin cools off, baseboard kicks on and I wake up to a still warm cabin. Its extremely well insulated.

Plenty of times I want to knock the chill out and not build a fire. They seem to come in white, I will paint my a brown to hide it and match the wood inside.

Just bouncing around some ideas. I can get the heater and the add on thermostat for under $100. Made by Cadet.

Opine?

jsahara24
# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 09:19

I use them in my cabin, they are cheap, easy to install, work well and give off good heat. They are not cheap to operate though, but it sounds like your use will be minimal so I'd say go for it.

Nate R
# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 09:26

I use a 3000w Cadet in-wall fan heater instead. For me, it has several positives over baseboard ones:

Higher up off the ground, doesn't collect as much dog hair/dirt as the baseboard ones seem to. Doesn't block wall space as much from putting things next to. Heats up air fast, which is handy when I want to warm up the cabin from cold. Can use better/more precise (exterior/outboard) thermostats. Some of those baseboard ones are +/- 6-8 degrees.

Downsides: May be slightly les reliable over time? Noise when it's running. Up front cost may be higher.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Apr 2024 15:31

Cabin run was a full success. Got all big task done and some smaller stuff.
fenceline repaired from power entry
fenceline repaired from power entry
10.0CF fridge installed
10.0CF fridge installed
camp hose site made with 30A RV hookup
camp hose site made with 30A RV hookup
Trimmed wi th gravel, gravel doesnt burn
Trimmed wi th gravel, gravel doesnt burn

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Apr 2024 15:33

More items
Pilot Rock BBQ grille/griddle installed
Pilot Rock BBQ grille/griddle installed
full 50A RV hookupsite 1
full 50A RV hookupsite 1
above hookup inside well enclosure, can run well off transformer now.
above hookup inside well enclosure, can run well off transformer now.

ICC
# Posted: 26 Apr 2024 21:46

Nice! Chain link fence to keep the big 'rodents' from chewing on important stuff?

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.