Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / how is your spring going?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 16 . 17 . >>
Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 13 May 2013 13:18

now where is the "like" button?

i am having rough time with 2 daughters. i do all i am able for everyone but one is jealous of other.
other daughter behaves well. that is noahs mom and pics i put here.
oldest daughter likes blackmail me if mad over anything and i just cannot handle anymore.
thought i was having heart attack other night after
latest shenanagins. always drama with her. not other daughter. i live out here to avoid all that. aaaggg

anyway here is other grandson Christian. he is 5 now and a sweet boy when i get to see him. he was 2 1/2 in pic. sorry to vent.
1.jpg
1.jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 13 May 2013 13:21

supposed to warm up tomorrow please lord make it so. i need garden start working!

girls i say lets all meet at waffle house.
i'm buying.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 May 2013 19:31

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
now where is the "like" button?

hee hee.dont u know it Grandma Off Grid.
ha ha ha.daughters is a pretty wild subject around here.thats why i want to move to our woods.i can finally have peace.if the grown kids want to see us-they can come on the train.
finally God watered the garden.i am so glad. i think rain water is better than city water.
the waffle house sounds great!
i need too also get out in the yard and work .things are growing wonderfully .i cant believe it in fact.i pray it warms up your way Grandma Off Grid.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 May 2013 19:32

your grand son is precious.
i have a grandson named Christian also...very nice photo.thank u for sharing.wishing u a happy evening .

tnky03
# Posted: 13 May 2013 20:45

Thanks Cabi,will post pics soon. Your place looks nice. What size is it? Ours may seem big now but we will be full time there so I'm sure will be pretty snug, no "cozy", that's it, lol. We have a lot of junk to get rid of, if we can pry our fingers off it, lol. Two pack rats I must admit.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 13 May 2013 21:19

thank you girls I am betting a double order of hash browns scattered smothered and covered would do us all good about now.

place is almost 4000sq ft. built pre civil war.
yes i had to de clutter too. but the space is nice during
warm months and holidays. still alot to get done but getting there slowly but shirley lol

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 13 May 2013 21:21

sorry thought you were asking about my place.

pooped out tonight lol

tnky03
# Posted: 13 May 2013 23:31

Wow 4000 sq. ft. ! Makes me tired just thinking a out cleaning, lol. My daughter that lives nearby has a huge two- story with room for all the family gatherings. Mama just needs a tiny house with a sofa bed for overnight grands, lol.

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 May 2013 07:43

Quoting: tnky03
Thanks Cabi,will post pics soon. Your place looks nice. What size is it?

tnkey03.gal our cabin is 200 square feet.we are building a 200 sq foot bedroom next to the cabin.then a work shop.we will be bush.oh my gosh.and i know what u mean about getting rid of alot of stuff.i always decorated in the homes we live in but now me and hubby will downsize our stuff and live in the cabin in less than 20 months.i am telling him the main cabin can be our living room.i told him his desk,gun cabinet and all the man stuff has to be in the cabin.i just want a corner for my books n my chair and yarn.the kitchen nook we just build will have alot of his stuff in it.a crosscut saw thats real old will decorate that wall.he made me a shadow box.i will put tht in the new breakfast nook.it has tiny minatures on it.i figure with a teeny tiny cabin...we wil have teeny tiny decorations.
i have alot of oil lamps but we dont use them .they are so pretty.we use the l.e.d. lanterns and we had l.e.d. stick up lites in the kitchen.they work pretty good.
i like alot of the l.e.d. lites these days.we have one hanging on our cabin rafter to give a miners cabin look.they look sort of quaint.

Grandma Off Grid!! 4000 sq.feet.omg.thats huge.
I am betting a double order of hash browns scattered smothered and covered would do us all good about now.

i'm in for that one Grandma Off Grid.i love biscuits and gravy too.we are on a diet.its not easy when u get old to loose weight.its sort of easy to diet cause u cant seem to eat as much stuff.and also cant eat alot of naughty stuff.still.it does not come off.u hurt even when u havent exercised even.sort of sucks.
well wishing u ladies a wonderful day.
i am crocheting and braiding a rug for our new addition.
what is your day like??hugs cabi.

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 06:24 - Edited by: cabingal3

morning gals.made some refrigeratore left over soup last nite for dinner.it was pretty good.
workd in my yard.fertilized the tomatoes n the greenbeans,rhubarb and strawberries.waiting for rain still.
we are headed to our cabin soon.i think this is the most we have ever gone.once in april.once in may and now again before may is out.i think i am in heaven.the only wonderfully wonderful thing will be when we finally made it out there to live full time.
the count down begins gals.less than 20 months now for hubby to retire.

u never know how lucky u are till u hear someone elses story.
had to go to the dr.have been running from them since 2008.
finally caught up with me this month.i had to make an apperance.the medical asst .was a granny too.she said her hubby died two years before.
brought tears to my eyes.she is left with no money.trying to support herself and here comes her grown up daughter and 3-4 little ones to live with her.and the daughter is acting out now cause dad is gone.
nothing worse than a single mom to live with u in my book.
i told her.omg.i had the same thing happen.she said the grown kids gotta go.she said she could barely support herself.
i felt so bad for her.i tried to make it funny in a way.told her...yeah.and what about those hour showers the grown up adult kids take.she said oh my gosh.her power bill this month was 175$ a month.
so sad.
i was so grateful to have a dream and still be alive and have my hubby still with me.
i am the only one in my childhood family to make it past 59.they all die in their 50;s.my mom at 52.dad died at 59,brother died at 53 and my younger brothers not gonna make it.he is 50.my sister is 51 but she had a stroke a year or so ago.i was sweating out the 50's i tell u.
well better get going gals.the hubby is getting ready to get up .
made healthy rhubarb muffins yesterday.hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 07:11

good morning ladies have you had your coffee yet?
been up most of the night tending sick kittens but I think they are going to make it.
cabin girl your place sounds so homey yes the oil lamps will be good even if you don't use them they are there if you need them.
I sure do understand about getting older I am only 49 but I don't feel a day over 82 haha.
I've had some of my grown kids living with me a timer to it was always very stressful. I figure now with the compost toilet and having to take a bath in a bucket will discourage some haha
I like the shorter day visits with the grandkids I can't take the long marathons.

it is rainy and windy and cold today I am very tired of this weather I am wanting the gardens to start growing.
I tried to raise my kids frugally and most of them have live this way except for one who wants every new gadget and is having to learn some hard lessons about finances. it's hard to watch and not want to bail them out but there is just so much I can do and they need to learn the lessons for themselves.

there is a free store not too far away and I got an old sewing machine cabinet I think it's an antique. I would like to get back to sewing and other creative projects and writing as soon as I can get some relief from this joint pain.
I never thought I'd be this age and hurting with this arm injury I was always go go go.
have you guys named your place?
I am calling mine The Hermitage lol

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 08:29

morning Grandma Off Grid.i am having my coffee right now.thanks.
oh.i am so sorry about your kittens .what is wrong with them?
I sure do understand about getting older I am only 49 but I don't feel a day over 82 haha.

hee hee.i hear you gal.
I figure now with the compost toilet and having to take a bath in a bucket will discourage some hahanow gal.thats a good one
oh.i would love to see what u make in sewing.what do u sew? oh gal..i hurt all over.i tell u this old age.bleck.my hip s hurt.i need robot knees.everything hurts but i sure did not tell the dr.
my knees hurt once and my daughter told me she had oxycotin.she gave me 1/2.i was puking,high and sick for three days.i did not tell the dr.anything cause i dont like drugs.so i just suffer and carry on.
i like your name for your place.ours is called skeeter flats.
hugs cabi

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 09:29 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

hey girlie. nothing like that first cup of coffee.
I am a recovering alcoholic 13 years sober. so I stay away from any drugs or things I can avoid over the counter is OK so I hear ya. here is what the doctor gave me it is non narcotic a pain reliever but stronger than what is over the counter. I take one early morning &1 late afternoon or evening. neurotin is the
drug. I almost cried when I got it the first time because with an 30 minutes the pain was almost gone.
it is a seizure medication I think but also given to diabetics for nerve pain.
it is a low does but it really works that and heating pad cold packs.
it makes it me able to be able to get the movement and exercise I need to repair the joints.

hey I went back to the garden things are poking their heads
up now also the flowers a little bit too. onions will be the first to come up

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 09:35

this dang phone hard to edit. the one little kitten got sick but I have Medicin and know how to tend she is getting better.
the other mama cat have babies she didn't know what to do for two days. they were very small I think born too soon I was able to save one by hand feeding and injecting sterile water under the skin. she is fat and sassy now and momma took over after 3 days. thank goodness.

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 10:20

I am a recovering alcoholic 13 years sober
good for u.very wonderful.
neurotin

sure Grandma Off Grid.i am familiar with that drug.i am glad to know of this.
is your place u own the hermitage on a historial list somewhere?it seems it sure should be.
it makes it me able to be able to get the movement and exercise I need to repair the joints

dont u know it.i hate that vivious cycle of i hurt too much to exercise but i have to exercise.agh.

i am so glad yur kitties and cat are doing good after all.they are thankful for u.
well i am excited about today.digging up some soil to put in a homemade pot i made.our coleman water jug spigot came off and broke.i took it all off and cut the bottom out.planted the jug in the ground n a little bit into the ground...making the spigot hole as the drain.so now i have a new planter.its blue.gonna put squash in it.

i just got back from getting free windows.i stuck 4 windows in my car and nothing to tie them down with.so i found the grandsons nap sack with strings on it.i used the strings in the nap sack as the tie down and the red nap sack sort of was good for a flag...even though it wasnt needed cause they did not stick out that much.these windows are big and open up.sliders.really nice.we may need to take the windows we just put on our cabin out and replace with these nicer ones.free is a very good price.i am looking in craigs list every day now.
i wish we had a free store.sometimes
after yard sales they tell u on craigs list to come and get the left over stuff.
we have too much stuff.so i avoid right now.gas is so costly to drive about.u have a good morning gal.

tnky03
# Posted: 15 May 2013 10:42

Good morning ladies, no coffee for me, but I could sure do with a cup of hot tea about now, lol. This morning too rushed even for cereal. Got sliding glass doors washed for hubby to install in the cabin today. We got them free on Craigslist! I have several oil lamps, too. I will use mine some in the winter months. I am attaching a pic of the cabin. There is so much to do but I am excited!

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 12:02

cant wait to see tnky03.very exciting.

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 12:04

i too just got some free windows from craigs list this morning.this next time we go to the woods it will be more playing in my new cabin addtion.
i cant wait to see your nice cabin.it is big.16x16.i am going to put my oil lamp on the table in my new room.it will be so cute.i am waiting to see ur cabin.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 12:41 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

hey girls I cleaned out all my clothes funny most of my clothes are pajamas lol

YES on Craigslist great site. we have freecycle here too not a lot on there.
yes this place is an historical building. I was told it was part of the Underground Railroad and it has a very good history.
but it needs work for sure. mostly on the outside I will put a picture I just took. keep in mind I have taken everything out of the yard and so on to revamp it
20130515_12.29.24..jpg
20130515_12.29.24..jpg

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 12:46 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

here is a picture of my entertainment center haha
also very good idea on repurpose of cooler!
20130515_12.28.24..jpg
20130515_12.28.24..jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 13:55

hey girls I cleaned out all my clothes funny most of my clothes are pajamas lol

ha haha.u are a kick gal.love it.
I was told it was part of the Underground Railroad

no way!wow.thats glorious.its a beautiful place Grandma Off Grid.
here is a picture of my entertainment center
nothing wrong with that gal.what matters is if it is functional.very good.

i am braiding a rug right now for our cabins new addition.i am going now to look more closely at yur pictures.

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 13:57

i got to look at the photo of your place enlarged.wow.that is a grand house.i love it.
and i see u collect things like me.i have my old washboard.i collect wicker stuff.and books.and coffee mugs too.that was fun to see.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 15:56

i would enjoy learning how to braid rugs!.
will you teach me? I'll put the coffee on.

okay where is tnk's cabin pic?

you see what i mean about the repair work being
just a little out of my reach..

tnky03
# Posted: 15 May 2013 16:04

For some reason my phone would'my let me post a pic, will try again. Yay, hubby got sliding doors put in! They're not real "cabinish" but we wanted lots of light and some passive solar in winter. They are south facing.

tnky03
# Posted: 15 May 2013 16:06

Free! I don't know why I can't upload the pic.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 15 May 2013 21:19

cheap is good free is better!
good for hubby and good choice on the windows. I have a book all about passive solar it's a very good idea. plus you will be able to have a wonderful view out of that window. okay waiting on a pic haha

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 21:37

cheap is good free is better!

amen to that Grandma!
i would enjoy learning how to braid rugs!.
will you teach me?

i am crocheting strips of six single crochets across.making long strips.then i use these to braid as u would braid a hair braid.then i sew them into the shapes i want.i use alot of scrap yarn up this way.these rugs last forever.
Yay, hubby got sliding doors put in!

yay!!
They're not real "cabinish" but we wanted lots of light and some passive solar in winter

thenthey are perfect tnky03 cause they are functional.that is very important and free.
I don't know why I can't upload the pic.

shooter rooney.i hope u can eventually.good luck tnky03.

tnky03
# Posted: 15 May 2013 22:24

Well, I will try one more time to upload the pic. Looking back at my last post it would seem I'm also having a problem typing on this phone. The auto spell says what it wants and I often forget to look and see what was printed, oh well. We are to get more rain the next few days. Blackberries are all bloomed out so rain will be good for them. I got two more bell peppers and another yelllow squash planted today. I still have corn and beans to plant. All my garden is mulched thick and I am hoping for a good yield, for us and so I can share with others.

tnky03
# Posted: 15 May 2013 22:29

Well, phone still saying photos can't be uploaded. My laptop has been giving problems, too but when I can get on it will send from there. It seems I am quite technically challenged, lol.

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 23:48 - Edited by: cabingal3

It seems I am quite technically challenged, lol

u'll get it gal.
All my garden is mulched thick and I am hoping for a good yield, for us and so I can share with others.

thats nice.sounds like gardening is good where u are.here too.its like a crazy year for strawberries.i need to plant my squash yet.
have a good nite all.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 16 . 17 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.